usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

I like Burger Joint but I think it has some sentimental value to me and I wouldn't call it the best burger in town.

Last time I had Corner Bistro burger it was about two months ago and it was reheated. There were also couples with babies and strollers in there, I'll never go back.

Resto, Prune, Cookshop, Spotted Pig, JG Melon all have very good burgers.

Molly's is same level to me as Blue Smoke, I would try the above first.

Free burgers during business lunches are the best :)

i love burgers and i've had a bunch so here is my run down.

favoruite - jg melons, perfectly crisp on the outside and juicy in the middle, fries are alright

second favourite is lugers

shake shack is decent in a pinch, fries are also ok, not worth the wait, but would eat if in the area at an off time

spotted pig is fantastic but i like my burgers low brow.

corner bistro is like jg melons but cheaper and i dont like it as much because it isnt seared to a crisp crust - fries are not terrible almost mcdonalds like

burger joint - excellent burger, excellent fries, i should go there more, i like this one but not as much as jg - maybe my second favorite.

stand burger is decent too, but once again i prefer more low brow,

pop burger is pretty good, like a mini shack burger, but the fries are terrible

still on the lookout for the perfect fry/burger combo. if only they served the schillers/pastis/balthazar fries with the jg melon burger...

also note that i only do cheeseburgers. sometimes bacon, but not neccesary.

I like Burger Joint but I think it has some sentimental value to me and I wouldn't call it the best burger in town.

Last time I had Corner Bistro burger it was about two months ago and it was reheated. There were also couples with babies and strollers in there, I'll never go back.

Resto, Prune, Cookshop, Spotted Pig, JG Melon all have very good burgers.

Molly's is same level to me as Blue Smoke, I would try the above first.

Free burgers during business lunches are the best :)

I forgot about cookshop and Prune

If you like cookshop, you might want to try the burger at Five Points, the have the same owner and the meat source might be the same.

Holler at me if you are gonna hit up a place any time, I'm game to try to find the best burger in town.

SuFu NYC burger meetup???

Also, I think BLT Burger gets a lot of flack for being overpriced and non-traditional-burger-place-y. Their lamb burgers are pretty awesome.

your mom was so fat, i thought she was burger queen!

i should just neg rep you just for posting that non-humorous comment. f@g

but ya burger meet-up sounds good but the question would be which burger place is the place for sufu'ers ? hm. i imagine an argument would stem from this and result in a offenses in burger preferences.

Wouldn't a burger meet-up have to be a series of meet-ups?

well mean just a meet up over a decent/awesome burger is nice to be able to critique it and talk about meat and jeans

doesn't necessarily mean that we have to make an itinerary of burger stops. however i personally have a burger list and a burger journey! if you guys would like to meet up at a burger place thatd be a +

that's what i'm saying...it works either way...but ideally...it's a quest to find the best...a __-part series...unless you want to cram in a few spots in one day and have bonus heart attack/prostate cancer combo with it.

the way this would work:

we gat together for a burger at like 8pm, eat and drink. me, dark, omc and notesee drink like we're being deployed to afghanistan the next day. dark calls the waitress by some random name, omc offers her oral and we do shots of some ungodly alcohol.

by then most of the sufu members that don't know us are appalled and don't want to hang out with us anymore. one or two brave souls keep up with us through the night filled with underage girls, booze, and drugs. the night ends with omc speaking in swedish, dark making a new girls gone wild video and me running around at 6am looking for condoms.

the way this would work:

we gat together for a burger at like 8pm, eat and drink. me, dark, omc and notesee drink like we're being deployed to afghanistan the next day. dark calls the waitress by some random name, omc offers her oral and we do shots of some ungodly alcohol.

by then most of the sufu members that don't know us are appalled and don't want to hang out with us anymore. one or two brave souls keep up with us through the night filled with underage girls, booze, and drugs. the night ends with omc speaking in swedish, dark making a new girls gone wild video and me running around at 6am looking for condoms.

Now that sounds like a plan. If only I was still so good at the all night crunkathon. I feel like an old man already and I'm not even 23. Haven't done the old party until the sun comes up and then go for brunch at Yaffa type routine in a few years now.

The Stoned Crow has a pretty good burger. bun is sub-par though because the burger completely outsizes it like 2:1 in terms of side to side bunnage.

tasty though.

edit to RKF: yaffa at 3 am is fucking bizarre. thats why yaffa is so good, and yet, the food is so subpar. no one goes there to eat. or at least i don't...