usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

So whats the best burger joint in the NYC manhatten area ? im hearing Corner Bistro ? buger joint ? shake shack ? someone fill me in . opinions ?

Personal Burger Journey List:

(added things to my list according to those mentioned atleast twice

Bold means i have yet to go, non-bold means ive had and feel free to ask!)

CT

Louis' Lunch (claim to be first burger and a must for eastcoast)

NYC (mainly manhatten):

Paul's Place

Shake Shack

Burger Joint (parker meridian hidout)

Corner Bistro

Wendy's Broadway - really darkanimal ?

Peter Lugers (lunch burger)

Pop burger

Sassy's sliders (been on my list for a while spin off of whitecastle)

JG Melon

Ruby's on Mulberry st.

NJ:

Five Guys - not only in nj but i had in nj.

White Mana

Westcoast:

IN n OUT

PLZ halpz meh add too dizzz list sf.

ps. Shoutz to a hamburger today bloggg

http://aht.seriouseats.com/

spaceball.gif

Such an amusingly debated topic.... Burger Joint is quite good. Shake Shack isn't half bad. Not worth the line though at all. I've never tried the Luger's burger but judging by everything else they cook, I'm sure the_state's rec is worth seriously checking out. I used to like the PJ Clarke's burger but was disappointed last time I was there. BLT Burger didn't do much for me either.

Honestly though, when I want a burger, I'm usually more in the mood for something good and greasy like Paul's on 2nd Ave just off St Marks than any of these fancy spots. I mean, it's not the refined hamburger everybody's on a quest for lately, but it's exactly what a burger is really supposed to be as far as I'm concerned.

Such an amusingly debated topic.... Burger Joint is quite good. Shake Shack isn't half bad. Not worth the line though at all. I've never tried the Luger's burger but judging by everything else they cook, I'm sure the_state's rec is worth seriously checking out. I used to like the PJ Clarke's burger but was disappointed last time I was there. BLT Burger didn't do much for me either.

Honestly though, when I want a burger, I'm usually more in the mood for something good and greasy like Paul's on 2nd Ave just off St Marks than any of these fancy spots. I mean, it's not the refined hamburger everybody's on a quest for lately, but it's exactly what a burger is really supposed to be as far as I'm concerned.

JG Melon's is straight up greasy-spoon steez, but i feel where you're coming from. Foie Gras? Truffle butter? Avocado? Fuck that, give me ketchup, pickles and onions.. maybe some lettuce/tomato. Toppings are meant for burgers that can't stand on their own legs.

BLT Burger is whack, I'd rather eat a regular diner burger and save myself the money. PJ's has fallen off a little, but it's still very tasty. Burger Joint is good too, but I always hold it in the same league as Shake Shack, but the shack edges it out. Purple Cows are unfuckwitable. Luger's is def the holy grail, you could eat that shit plain w/ no bun and it'd prob taste better that way. If you've never been, I highly recommend it.

PAUL'S BABY! Authentic burger joint...quick, easy, good, greasy, and cheaper than your average (even most burgers at Jackson Hole are more than Paul's...way less flavor and soul)

the shake shack burger is insanely overrated - it's like a nostalgia kick version of a mcdlt. go for the shake-ago dog instead. i don't like all these fancy burgers that have come out since the db bistro opened.

corner bistro has got great ground beef but i hate waiting in line with a bunch of yuppie west side meatheads.

most french bistros worth their salt can do an excellent burger, the secret's in the bun. which is why jackson hole burgers are disgusting.

if you come out to jersey city, there's a restaurant called marco and pepe's that sometimes has an awesome steak frites sandwich - the perfect alternative.

if you come out to jersey city, there's a restaurant called marco and pepe's that sometimes has an awesome steak frites sandwich - the perfect alternative.

Fuck that. If i'm trekking to NJ it'll be for White Mana. Polishmike put me on to that shit a few months back. It lives up to whatever hype it doesn't have enough of. +Rep that man when you see him.

Fuck that. If i'm trekking to NJ it'll be for White Mana. Polishmike put me on to that shit a few months back. It lives up to whatever hype it doesn't have enough of. +Rep that man when you see him.

White Mana is good but honestly Hamburgao holds the crown for best jersey burger. It's on Lafayette Street in Newark in the Ironbound district. Brazillian owned spot with the biggest, most delicious burger I've ever eaten

Went to Ippudo last night (soft lauch switched from lunch to dinner last night). I see that they spent good amount of dough on the interior (benefits of that is a different topic).

They had lots of workers probably for training purpose.

Had the Shiro-maru. I thought it was good - but not necessarily a knockout. good soup - bit on the sweet side, good hakata style thin noodles (I am fan of thicker type in general), Cha-shu was very thin and only two slices - disappointing, decent veggie selection but not enough in terms of quantity. Overall pretty good.

13 plus tax and tip came out to 17 - which is kinda dough.

I will go back and try the aka-maru soon. thought other stuff on the menu like salad was totally uncalled for though.

White Mana is good but honestly Hamburgao holds the crown for best jersey burger. It's on Lafayette Street in Newark in the Ironbound district. Brazillian owned spot with the biggest, most delicious burger I've ever eaten

hamburgao is nuts but a different beast. but props to them for putting carrots on a burger and making it work. is parking a problem at the ironbound location? i always just punt and go to kearny. i think they opened a third (also in newark) as well.

btw from my jersey city tribe i always got the impression the white mana is more about the setting from the food. i would never think to compare a steak frites sandwich to a diner burger (much less downtown jersey city to tonnele in terms of proximity to nyc). fwiw they had high marks for white star in roselle but haven't made it out there yet.

i always hated dumont but hit up their burger joint after a bit of a bender a few days back so no complaints here.