usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

As much as i hate to do it, i would just go to the Hudson or some other BS spot like that if your looking to do something without having friends to hip you to something more personal.

People will be rich and lame, but if you meet a girl there is a good chance she has a room upstairs and it can end up working out in some way. But fuck, if im recomending places like that or some other garbage spot like that, well, it just says a few words on how hellish NYE can be if your not fortified with friends, booze and plenty of drugs.

im goin 2 an apartment party with some bougie kids in midtown haha. i would go clubbing but id be the youngest person there (not to mention there are VERY few places that let in 18 year olds)

Take it from an older god...you're better off crashing parties, bougie or not...than ever going "clubbing." Especially any time around New Years.

Take it from an older god...you're better off crashing parties, bougie or not...than ever going "clubbing." Especially any time around New Years.

qft

clubbing anywheres on new years is terrible :(

just coz its jap doesn't make it crap either, mr. connoisseur.

you must have some sophisticated taste bud if you lived in japan and cannot tell how good sushi and/or ramen could be.

Seriously Japanese food is completely overrated. Ever had Oden? Stinks like shit and tastes like nothing. Washoku is all tasteless, except for salt. Yakisoba isn`t nothing on Singapore noodles. Gyoza are just rip off giao zi but worse.

Hipsters just love the sushi coz its "healthy" (save parasites) and JAPANESE.

Now some hipsters saw Tampopo or something and wanna eat Ramen. Fuck theres a lotta hipsters on SuFu lately.

Seriously Japanese food is completely overrated. Ever had Oden? Stinks like shit and tastes like nothing. Washoku is all tasteless, except for salt. Yakisoba isn`t nothing on Singapore noodles. Gyoza are just rip off giao zi but worse.

Now some hipsters saw Tampopo or something and wanna eat Ramen. Fuck theres a lotta hipsters on SuFu lately.

why do you live in japan?

Seriously Japanese food is completely overrated

I agree. Im not saying its bad but every time Ive had It I would have rather eaten almost anything else. Korean and Pho is even nicer.

Maybe it requires a specific taste. But most things Ive had are very muted in terms of flavour and are for the most part unappealing to me.

doesn't sake have a expiry date? or is there some sort of proper sake i dont know about?

i think it depends on whether or not it is filtered? I know u can refrigerate sake for a while, but I dont think you can age sake at room temperature like you can with wine as it oxidizes and can go bad quite easily.

Maybe it requires a specific taste. But most things Ive had are very muted in terms of flavour and are for the most part unappealing to me.

i think you've nailed it. to me, the highest form of art in japan is often an art of simplicity and subtlety. it's definitely not for everyone.

Personally, and I kind of hate to admit it as I'm Taiwanese-American (and therefore essentially Chinese by some definitions), I like the Japanese versions of the dishes far better than the Chinese ones. And for me, it has nothing to do with it being hip. That actually bothers me because that just crowds up all the good places to eat at. There's definitely bad Japanese food out there, but places that do it well I find really tasty. And ramen is definitely one of them. (Though I hear the stuff in NYC is horrible compared to the real thing, so I'd love to have it in Japan.) Some of the responses I see in this thread really surprised me. I guess it really isn't for everyone.

what's a hipster?