Nudie Jeans

arcanum

Thanks for the reply dude, it was exactly the explanation I was looking for. Luckily, before I began posting on here, I followed a similar measurement guide on Blue Owl Workshop's website. In my current favorite pair of jeans, Mishka's Boris Skinny jean, I have a 34 inch waist (even though the tag size was labelled as a 30). I've broken them in pretty well, and they have measurements that are basically the exact same as the TLJ, just with a higher rise. Based on that and what you've told me, I think I'm going to go for a size 31/34.

^ pacedoff said they were vanity sized, and that I should measure out a pair of jeans I've already broken in to use as a gauge.

I also looked at the measurements for TLJ's on Blue Owl's website, here: http://www.blueowl.u...ail&SKU=7912002

As you can see, a size 31 actually has a 33 inch waist. I have a 34 inch waist, and pacedoff indicated that I should size down one size in TLJ's to get the fit I'm looking for (so I shouldn't get 32's, which actually have a 34 inch waist and would stretch out too much once broken in). Since these have some elastane I'm assuming they will stretch easily enough and will actually be 34 inches in the waist once I've broken them in. To my understanding, even if I were to purchase denim that didn't have elastane in it, I would want to purchase a pair that is an inch smaller in the waist (in actual measurement, not vanity sizing) to get a proper fit anyway.

If I'm wrong or missing something, please correct me.

Edited by AngularDeath

the elastane also helps to keep the waist size near the original size as the elastane "shrinks" the denim back.

you lso have to keep in mind that the tlj has a pretty low rise so it will sit lower on your body/hips where your body is normally bigger say also pay attention to that detail.

I just realized - I could achieve the skinny look I'm looking for without having to worry about the low rise (and my ass hanging out the back of my pants) in TLJs or the baggy ass effect in Thin Finns if I were to get a pair of High Kai's. Anyone ever own a pair? How are they?

• 5 weeks later...

I have the following for sale:

Nudie Regular Ralf/Alf size 32 - dry selvage, unworn, brand new with tags £100 plus shipping

Nudie Regular Ralf/Alf size 31 - dry selvage, worn a few times around the house only (no real wear, never washed) back pocket arcs removed £60 plus shipping

If you're interested, PM me for further info/photos.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Would want to get a pair of TLJ denim stretch. I'm true 34" waist. I tried a brand new pair of tagged 31 thin finn org. dry twill and it fits me well but that store doesn't carry TLJ. What size should I get for TLJ denim stretch? Thanks.

^^You're right, it does retain the shape, but these are a REALLY stretchy jean for whatever reason.

I figured if Grasp is interested in the TLJ, he'd be going for a super skinny look. I recently tried on the new TLJ's and High Kai's (ended up buying the High Kai), but found the TLJ to look too "painted on" to my liking. They also have a very low rise in the front, something like 8.25 inches. TLJ is definitely what you're looking for if you want that ultra skinny look though.

I did make a typo about the TLJ sizing earlier though - the size 31 measures 33.5 in the waist, and the 32 measures 34.5; I apologize for the confusion. I'd have to change my previous answer and say I agree with you in getting the size 31 - just be wary of the low rise they have.

Edited by AngularDeath

• 2 weeks later...

c6716f5214bd11e2b2f422000a1e9a50_6.jpg

Love this front silhouette! They're my tape teds. I hate the high waist and very very low (almost drop crotchy) back yoke... Would tube kelly or long johns have lower waist with about the same fit?

(sorry for black and white, only wanted to capture the silhouette -- )

2ish year old nudie SJDBT, probably have about 7-8 months of wear in them. Very difficult to fade these if you arent running/riding a bike in them. fullko.jpg

Edited by kchuk

c6716f5214bd11e2b2f422000a1e9a50_6.jpg

Love this front silhouette! They're my tape teds. I hate the high waist and very very low (almost drop crotchy) back yoke... Would tube kelly or long johns have lower waist with about the same fit?

(sorry for black and white, only wanted to capture the silhouette -- )

Probably better off going with TLJ if you're looking for a low rise. I think the Tube Kelly's have only a slightly lower rise than your Tape Teds.

As played out as I find these jeans are, they are still my favorite and best fitting. Thus, I continue to buy them. I do however buy most of them either waxed or prewashed.

I don't have time nor the opportunities to wear them in because of work and daily schedules. I find them more of a gimmick than I did 9 years ago.

Edited by Cloud

I bought my first pair 2 years ago, as a college student i find the prices to be just "low" enough that im okay with stretching to pick up a pair every now and then. And I agree with you on the fits, i cant find better. I have a pair of Regular Ralfs that seriously must have fallen from heaven. Dunno if I'd call them gimmicky, but honestly speaking im new to the game and the novelty hasnt worn off for me yet.

• 2 weeks later...

i've end up getting 30x32 for my first TLJ twill rinsed. i could like an inch stretch from now but if it's more than 1 inch stretch, it might be too loose for my preference. what do you guys think of this? feel free to comment on the fit

8125349207_769db41fdb_z.jpg

8125349743_577ab63f9d_z.jpg

8125349407_1a6b8289c0_z.jpg

i've end up getting 30x32 for my first TLJ twill rinsed. i could like an inch stretch from now but if it's more than 1 inch stretch, it might be too loose for my preference. what do you guys think of this? feel free to comment on the fit

8125349207_769db41fdb_z.jpg

8125349743_577ab63f9d_z.jpg

8125349407_1a6b8289c0_z.jpg

looks kinda like a girl.... e thighs area. mayb u can try grim tims or avg joe?