Nudie Jeans

arcanum

imo, all denim will stretch over time. since u can get hold of them at the store, y not try em on then decide if you can size down? different models may have silghtly different fits. for eg, the GT dry 46 dip (i don't suggest you size down on this) fits tighter than GTDOS (you may size down 1 or 2 sizes..

@shhhhh i tried them on at the barney's outlet but they weren't the fit that i wanted. they were a slim jim and had only limited sizes (because they were like i said only an outlet). however, i did find some grim tims on their website in the same coated black color but wasn't sure how to size on them. other than the barney's outlet, which is like 45 min - 1 hr away from me, i've never really run across any nudies in person so i wouldn't be able to try them on anywhere else.

macky! sorry i misunderstood wat you said the other night. my brain wasn't working properly i guess. hah..

if you had tried slim jims, grim tims are jus like slim jim after the knee, but regular thighs (bigger at the thigh area as compared to slim jim). if you are looking for close to skinny/carrot, probably you shld try thin finns as they have narrower legs as compared to slim jim and Grim tims.

@shhhhh i found them online here: http://shop.nudiejeans.com/en/product/916/dry-black-coated ... but the problem is i'm looking for a size 31/32 and they only have a 31/36. would it work out if i were to bring them to a tailor and have them cut the inseam to a 32" or would it be different because they're a different material than the usual raw denim that i have cut?

@shhhhh i found them online here: http://shop.nudiejea...ry-black-coated ... but the problem is i'm looking for a size 31/32 and they only have a 31/36. would it work out if i were to bring them to a tailor and have them cut the inseam to a 32" or would it be different because they're a different material than the usual raw denim that i have cut?

macky! i won't recommend to buy the length 31/36 and trim them down.

they may not be proportionately similar to the 31/32. these jeans do stretch out so u have to be sure if u find 31 just nice or snug. i'd recommend a snug fit cos they will stretch out after few days wear.

i bought e wrong size 30/32 which are too loose for me now.

good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have a pair of grim tim 46 dips that I'm trying to sell so I thought I would post here and see if anyones interested.

They are W32/L32. Been worn about 10 times. Theres no fading, but there's are a few lightly creased whiskers/honeycombs because of how starchy and rigid the denim is. Overall they are pretty much new though.

I'm looking to get about half what I payed for them at retail, so around $100 ish.

Send me a message or post here if your interested. I can take pics if someone wants.

Thanks

Thinking about getting some nudies but from what I've seen the crotch goes out fairly quickly...even when not wearing a fit that put a lot of strain in that area.

I'm wondering if this is actually the case.

My crotch went out on my finns and they were pretty skinny fitting. But my crotch also went out on my APCs. These are both mid quality denim brands so high stress areas like the crotch likely won't hold up as well as the real high quality stuff. It all depends on how you wear them really. I have seen a ton of crotch blowouts on all sorts of jeans on these forums.

Just get them patched up and reinforced when you start to see the signs of the crotch wearing thin and you'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Dry Blacks are really great stuff and yes, they'll stretch a bit. But keep in mind that this kind of jeans gotta look casual,if they're too tight they look goofy. I bought my Finns one size up to get a cool and no-gay look, Simply perfect. And don't forget- dry coated aren't ment to be worn everyday. Something really special and you mustn't wash 'em. Chicks love 'em too, not too unimportant ;-)

Edited by dr.house

Hey Guys,

I'm new to denim, so forgive me if my questions seem obvious or have already been answered - I went through the thread and didn't find what I was looking for.

Basically, I'm looking to buy a pair of Nudies in the next month or so. I figured they're a good brand to start off with for a beginner like me. I'm looking at buying a slim/skinny jean, either the Thinn Finn or Tight Long John. What are your opinions and/or experiences with either of the two? Are there any real significant differences between either fit? The Long John seems to be very similar in measurement to the Thinn Finn, the only notable difference being a lower rise.

Also, before people go on the workout/weight rants/flames because I'm interested in a slim or skinny denim, I don't have huge quads and I'm 6', 170 lbs. Just looking for honest thoughts, opinions, and experiences with either of these pairs.

Thanks!

Best thing you can do is measure a pair of jeans that fit you perfectly around the waist. Go to this measuring guide to see how to measure your jeans. I'll tell you my procedure.

I'm 6'3" and 188lbs so for me, my waist on a good snug pair fully stretched is about 45cm / 17.5" (so 90cm all round / 35"). I then look up potential pairs that I want to buy and compare its measurements to my jeans. You'll know between your pair and the ones you shortlisted how much play you have in rise, thighs, leg opening etc. There you can downsize or upsize.

As far as my real world experience with Nudie denim, and it sounds like you are probably the same size as me albeit slightly smaller, whatever your waist size is, buy a tagged size; 2 down for Thin Finn, 3 down for Grim Tim and 1 down/or true to size for TLJ. eg I have a 35" waist, but I like my jeans to fit around the waist tighter rather then looser so I'm a tagged 33 for TF, 32 for GT and 34 for TLJ. Remember, Nudie is vanity sized in many cases so you are not really down sizing 3 say for GT as technically a tagged 32 is actually 33" and it will stretch a good inch/ 2 inches for sure... Hope this helps.

In addition, make sure you read this forum regarding types of denim as some types stretch more and some less, so you need to take that in account. The dry Dirt Organic and the Dry Stretch easily stretch 1-2 inches for reference.

Every jean I own (SExI08, SExI14, SG2109, SExIH07BK, SE Ducks, SE05BSP, Nudie GTTDO, Ksubi Dee Dee etc) I have employed this method and have never once had to sell, or exchange because of wrong size.

Lastly, I promise I will finish now, being tall, go for a 34" inseam at least especially if you buy a jean that has a low rise.

Peace