Nudie Jeans

arcanum

Hi guys, I just got my Red Selvage Big Bengt jeans.

I asked the company I bought them from, and emailed nudie, but didnt get a reply.

I saw on MyNudies and i think on here that some of the Big Bengt Red Selvage jeans are made from Japanese Kaihara denim. Are all Big Bengt Red Selvage jeans made from Kaihara denim?

I know my jeans are japanese denim, but are they from the Kaihara factory?

Thank you!

Nudies Selvedge jeans are made (from what I understand) with Kaihara denim, similar (but not the same) as what is used on the 3sixteen denim. The Red Selvedge is a new line they are doing, so not really sure how the denim is gonna do with wear, but most likely, it's the same denim that was used on all of the regular selvedge Nudies in the past, so you will have some nice jeans if you hold off on the wash for a bit. good luck, the BB is a good fit.

Nudies Selvedge jeans are made (from what I understand) with Kaihara denim, similar (but not the same) as what is used on the 3sixteen denim. The Red Selvedge is a new line they are doing, so not really sure how the denim is gonna do with wear, but most likely, it's the same denim that was used on all of the regular selvedge Nudies in the past, so you will have some nice jeans if you hold off on the wash for a bit. good luck, the BB is a good fit.

Thanks! they are really nice jeans.

Some fit pics:

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

A few months ago, I posted a photo of my pair of SJDJ that were ripped from the crotch halfway down the thigh. Since then I have been back in forth in contact with Nudie. I never expected getting a replacement, but I was willing to push my luck and see what would happen. Eventually, Nudie put me in contact with one of their US representatives. I was offered a couple different locations near me (I originally bought my pair from Farinelli's) and was able to exchange them, with proof of purchase, for a new pair.

I could not be more satisfied with their customer service. The responses to my original emails to their info email address did take quite some time, however, it was well worth the wait. Yesterday, I went into a local store and I was very well serviced by the staff. Although the manager wanted to push Naked and Famous jeans, since he knew the quality I was looking for, I stood by Nudies because of the excellent service they gave me.

I now have a brand new pair of Grim Tims and I couldn't be happier! I'll post update pics in a few months.

A few months ago, I posted a photo of my pair of SJDJ that were ripped from the crotch halfway down the thigh. Since then I have been back in forth in contact with Nudie. I never expected getting a replacement, but I was willing to push my luck and see what would happen. Eventually, Nudie put me in contact with one of their US representatives. I was offered a couple different locations near me (I originally bought my pair from Farinelli's) and was able to exchange them, with proof of purchase, for a new pair.

I could not be more satisfied with their customer service. The responses to my original emails to their info email address did take quite some time, however, it was well worth the wait. Yesterday, I went into a local store and I was very well serviced by the staff. Although the manager wanted to push Naked and Famous jeans, since he knew the quality I was looking for, I stood by Nudies because of the excellent service they gave me.

I now have a brand new pair of Grim Tims and I couldn't be happier! I'll post update pics in a few months.

damn that makes me proud to wear nudies.

My dry japan ripped and got a hole at the crotch..the denim quality is not very good compared to other japanese denim...It cost me like $40 more to repair, which a partial of the price of the new denim...would rather add that $40 to get a better denim from the start

my sjdj's inseam is only about 30 now, can i expect to actually pull it longer when i wash em?

Stretch the inseam out while they're damp. You can save at least one inch.

Okay, here are some facts about the new AJ Dry Selvage Organics..

They're made of 13 oz italian red cast selvage denim in organic cotton from Peru.Yarn and warp is dyed in natural vegetable indian indigo, dipped nine times.

The jean's got a lighter royal blue and is very flat and clean, the denim is strong but less stiff, it's not heavy starched. The finish is superb, clean and perfect seams, no loose threads or something. Buttons and rivets are made of silver, fat leather patch, small beltloops. The jean's got a nice smell :-P.

Tagged size 31" measured 32". Uh, and they bleed like nothing. I can't imagine wearing them without an initial soak. My hands are deep blue after trying them on.

dsci0276.jpg

dsci0297k.jpg

dsci0298.jpg

dsci0299p.jpg

dsci0278.jpg

dsci0308w.jpg

Afaik the new dry selvage line is made by an old italian weaver (a new supplier for Nudie). Maybe this explains the (new) fine quality.

Stretch the inseam out while they're damp. You can save at least one inch.

Okay, here are some facts about the new AJ Dry Selvage Organics..

They're made of 13 oz italian red cast selvage denim in organic cotton from Peru.Yarn and warp is dyed in natural vegetable indian indigo, dipped nine times.

The jean's got a lighter royal blue and is very flat and clean, the denim is strong but less stiff, it's not heavy starched. The finish is superb, clean and perfect seams, no loose threads or something. Buttons and rivets are made of silver, fat leather patch, small beltloops. The jean's got a nice smell :-P.

Tagged size 31" measured 32". Uh, and they bleed like nothing. I can't imagine wearing them without an initial soak. My hands are deep blue after trying them on.

dsci0276.jpg

dsci0297k.jpg

dsci0298.jpg

dsci0299p.jpg

dsci0278.jpg

dsci0308w.jpg

Afaik the new dry selvage line is made by an old italian weaver (a new supplier for Nudie). Maybe this explains the (new) fine quality.

good fit and cute baby!

by "save" do u mean save from what they would shrink to after wash, so theres no way to actually gain some length by pulling them when damp?....

Thanks. I'm not too deep in Nudie stuff anymore, but those AJ's rocks (got them from my voucher after winning the Wear & Tear contest).

Inseam stretching: you won't add another inch but you can stretch the inseam back to the orignal size.

thanks, the inseam has shrunk almost 2 inches after 7months of wear..no idea why, been in a hugeass rain once thats it..

So I have roughly a 29" waist, a 20" thigh, and regularly wear a 28. I was ideally looking for slim/straight Grim Tim's in 26, but could I fit a 25 or would it just be overly skinny/tight?

Thanks

I definitely think that'll be too tight. I would say size down 1 for a good tight fit or 2 if you really want to tight... I just know cuz i was recently nudie shopping with my gf...

I have some RRDS true to size worn for about 7 months and they still fit well and not loose, and pretty snug....

tom4jeans from hypebeast, wants some feedback

Big Bengt Dry Heavy Organic

1-2 months. probably not what you guys expect from a Big Bengt fit judging from other peoples pics. i love the fit on me :)

sorry for not rotating.

bbstanding.jpg

bbback.jpg

bbback.jpg

BBsitting.jpg