picked up a pair of Evisu x Pumas

chim

There return policy isn't stict at all. It is a hassle though. It takes almost a month to get your money back. As long as you havent worn them and tags are attatched they'll take it back. They even refund the customs charge if you in Canada which I found a little suprising.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

they look like women's jeans on.

i dont mean to be personal, but that can not be comfortable for your "crotch" area shall we say. We all know even a normal fit 501 can be a bit of a nut cruncher at times, unless you have sized up.

why anyone would want to feel their privates trapped and squashed for the sake of fashion is amazing to me.

--- Original message by sneakeraddict on May 13, 2006 02:04 PM

don't assume what is / isn't comfortable for my crotch unless you've experienced it first hand.

why anyone would be so overly-concered with how my "crotch" area is fitting in a pair of denim is amazing to me.

Quote:

they look like women's jeans on.

i dont mean to be personal, but that can not be comfortable for your "crotch" area shall we say. We all know even a normal fit 501 can be a bit of a nut cruncher at times, unless you have sized up.

why anyone would want to feel their privates trapped and squashed for the sake of fashion is amazing to me.

--- Original message by sneakeraddict on May 13, 2006 02:04 PM

don't assume what is / isn't comfortable for my crotch unless you've experienced it first hand.

why anyone would be so overly-concered with how my "crotch" area is fitting in a pair of denim is amazing to me.

two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Quote:

brokenboards I'm wanting to get the same size you got the 28x30 and was wondering if you could tell me the measurements of the jean's waist laying flat and the rise if possible? Puma has a very strict returning policy and so i'd just like to get a pair that fits right without the hassle.

--- Original message by Akura on May 13, 2006 08:01 PM

laying flat, the waist is 14.5" or 29" doubled up. measured the rise from where the inseam starts to just above the waist button and its 9".

two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

I picked up two pair of the women's skinny, raw and worn, to compare. I haven't decided which I like better, raw or washed, but I have a size question. I'm about a 29 waist, and was surprised to find that both 30x34 I ordered fit closer to a 32. I can easily pull them down without unbuttoning them.

On the other hand, they are quite skinny in the knee and calf. If I move down to a 28x34, I'm afraid the waist might fit better at the expense of the lower portion of the jean. Anybody (chim?) with the 28 waist want to give me the measurements on the knee and hem?

I'd really appreciate it!

Quote:

I picked up two pair of the women's skinny, raw and worn, to compare. I haven't decided which I like better, raw or washed, but I have a size question. I'm about a 29 waist, and was surprised to find that both 30x34 I ordered fit closer to a 32. I can easily pull them down without unbuttoning them.

On the other hand, they are quite skinny in the knee and calf. If I move down to a 28x34, I'm afraid the waist might fit better at the expense of the lower portion of the jean. Anybody (chim?) with the 28 waist want to give me the measurements on the knee and hem?

I'd really appreciate it!

--- Original message by zaha on May 19, 2006 07:11 PM

I just got my pair too

basically I have the same problem as you do

I ordered a 30x34 men's regular rigid

the real measurement was about 32x33

after I wash them the waist shrinks about 1" but the length becomes slightly longer

It is so rare

By the way

the sewing quality is just so-so

totally don't worth this price

Edited by cycdaniel on May 20, 2006 at 02:05 AM

Quote:

here is a picture of me wearing the women's rigid (note: NOT RAW) skinnies:

size 26 x 34.

--- Original message by chris on May 20, 2006 01:52 AM

Damn you're skinny, and damn those look pretty good on you. You have my respect for representing us stick figured guys.

Edited by zaha on May 20, 2006 at 05:15 PM

I haven't liked Evisu much since they became the hip-hop jeans and I have kind of grown to dislike the flashy gulls, but these Puma X Evisus look really nice now that I've seen them on here. I'm thinking I might get a pair now if i can find them where I live.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, think you guys could help me with the sizing? I usually just lurk SF , but I stumbled across these Evisu's and felt like getting em..despite that they're not selvedge (Isn't that against the entire idea of Evisu?) Pfft..k anyways..

The site says I should purchase 1 size bigger than what I wear . So I usually wear 32X34 or 32X33 but samething..However on the Puma Evisu denim flash site, it says Regular fit wouldn't work for a muscle guy. Exactly how muscle, cause I got some pretty freaking buff legs. I would litterally rip the slim jeans on the first page if I tried to get into them.

Ok anyways, these are the jeans that fit me

A.P.C. New standards 33X34 ( I am presuming they are 34L, as APC.FR's site has no length optios)

32X34 Diesels fit kinda snug, and I feel like exploding after I eat a lot of food, but I can wear em no prob standing up/walking with an empty stomach

The APC's fit me pretty well, but I have to use a belt to tighten the waist a bit, but I kinda like that..so I can adapt..before/after eating large meals ahhaha..

I was aiming for the regular fit puma x evisu but they only got 32X34 and 34X34, and the site recommended me to wear loose..which I don't want! But I don't want to wear skin tight crap. Using the thumb test and sitting down, when I grab my APC's by the sides, I can get maybe my nail or the thumb joint (So I got huge ass thieghs).

Sorry for the horrible picture quality, it was in my ghetto washroom and the mirror is older than me..plus using my phone camera didn't help ahah. So what should I get??

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4079/dsc003121jc.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7997/dsc003147fn.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3158/dsc003133uk.jpg

Edited by backwashed on Jun 16, 2006 at 07:17 AM

anyone have any pics of worn/washed rigids?

ive had mine for maybe 2-3months...as of now...not too much fading...the creases on the back of my knees are well defined, but no actual fading...same goes for my thigh...

seems like the only thing thats faded is the hem, and the backpockets...the puma sign is finally appearing slowly...

This may be kind of a stupid question, but I've had a pair of the worn in wash puma x evisus for over a month, and I was wondering if they will fade more in the whisker/honeycombing areas when I wash them after prolonged wearing? Or are these jeans pre-washed and will only fade uniformly all-over when washed?

they're prewashed yes, but they will continue to fade with wear. all jeans do that to some extent. and the parts that receive the highest amount of stress will suffer the most colour loss. even my cheap shitty jeans which i picked up nearly 4 years ago look lighter than they did when i first got them.

I caught onto this thread rather late in the game, but I wanted to get a confirmation that the Puma store in SF still has the Puma x Evisu jeans? SF is a bit far for me so I didn't want to make the trip in vain. Thanks!

Call them before you go. I live in Atlanta and had a pair shipped to me from the NY store. I dont know how far out you are from the store, but it might be worth the shipping.

Also, I got a pair of the womens worn out, 34x30, the waist is cut larger like everyone states, but the fit everywhere else is perfect. I ordered up like the site states. I never go without a belt so its perfectly fine for me.

what exactly is the difference between rigid vs raw? why won't these fade?

they will fade if you've bought the rigid wash i believe. anything dark will fade, unless it's been treated with resin or ozone, or something. anything light will fade as well, but like Tabris said it's very minimal.

mmm those are kinda how my andewhall fits me now..i just dun know why they look looser when i take pics.... well of course im not as tall....but when i go out my friend says my leg look like sticks ( like those in chris pics)....

sry if its off topic...

• 1 month later...

can someone give me measurements of the taper and stuff? and can we also get a straightforward answer on the question of comparison. How is the mens regular and the womens long skinny compared to something like APC Rescue?