picked up a pair of Evisu x Pumas

chim

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, those are the size 28 womens long skinny cut. The puma details include having a Puma silver zipper pull, some pins, a reference on the back cloth logo and thats about it. Apparently the Puma stripe is supposed to fade in at some point whenever you break in the raws.

The funny thing about these jeans is that the mens cuts don't go down past 30, but the female cut is so unisex its not even funny. All of the jeans have the exact same details (men or women have same color gulls and stitching) and the womens skinny jean ends up having a higher rise than your typical nudie slim jims or acne jeans. They're pretty much perfect for skinny guys.

I've seen the mens cut worn though, and it is a slim-fit straight leg, completely different from the usual baggier Evisu no.1 or 2 cut.

Quote:

actually, those are the size 28 womens long skinny cut. The puma details include having a Puma silver zipper pull, some pins, a reference on the back cloth logo and thats about it. Apparently the Puma stripe is supposed to fade in at some point whenever you break in the raws.

The funny thing about these jeans is that the mens cuts don't go down past 30, but the female cut is so unisex its not even funny. All of the jeans have the exact same details (men or women have same color gulls and stitching) and the womens skinny jean ends up having a higher rise than your typical nudie slim jims or acne jeans. They're pretty much perfect for skinny guys.

I've seen the mens cut worn though, and it is a slim-fit straight leg, completely different from the usual baggier Evisu no.1 or 2 cut.

--- Original message by chim on Mar 20, 2006 07:23 AM

Yeah, I think the Straight Leg Evisu jeans look great...that is if they are like a slimmer straight leg and not the baggy shit they normally distro. I've always wanted a pair of Evisu's that don't fit like a bag.

I tried a mens 32x34 on and it was far too baggy for me. They tried to get me to try on the womens, but if the cut is almost unisex I should of listened. I'm not sold on the gulls though the jeans themselves are what I am looking for besides those shitttt

Chim, so, looking at what you normally wear, I guess you sized up by one like suggested on the website?

Quote: I tried a mens 32x34 on and it was far too baggy for me. They tried to get me to try on the womens, but if the cut is almost unisex I should of listened. I'm not sold on the gulls though the jeans themselves are what I am looking for besides those shitttt

--- Original message by Justice on Mar 20, 2006 12:30 PM

What fit did you get?

I don't mind the gulls myself (they are a bit garish, but i like it when they start to wear).

Edited by Tabris on Mar 20, 2006 at 02:19 PM

i got the womens long skinny rigid. Not regular (which has a slight boot) or that other one. It just says Skinny.

The gulls are hate it or love it, but I love it. It's very eyecatching in a good way IMHO; if you're passive aggressive about your jeans you would probably want a pair of nice fitting blank acnes or something, but man, I love the gulls and alot of people like it as well.

The womens jean is really totally unisex, my gf tried it out and the rise was completely unlike any of her other jeans (higher) etc. I don't predict that many girls will get the skinny jeans, but they're cut perfect for lean guys

i tried them on, loved em, but for some reason, they were like, tight in the calves, but not in the thights. i guess they were going for an anti fit, and i wasnt feelin it. womens are definitely way better than mens. im thinking about picking up a pair later this week, but boston has a good 100 or so pairs still, so im thinking i might wait til they go on sale. still, $160 aint bad at all.

have they gone on sale at anyone else's local puma store? debating with myself whether or not to buy em now or wait.

BALDERDASH.

How do the Girl Skinny compare to the Guys Straight? I'm assuming that the Girl jeans are more like a Nudie Slim Jim or APC New Standards, but how is the Guys Straight jeans like?

To me the guy jeans seem more appealing since they got button fly instead of a zipper, but on the contrary the girl jeans got a bit of stretch.

Also when they’re called; "Rigid", is that the same as Dry?

Has anyone bought these in the worn in wash? Im trying to decide between worn in and the rigids. I live in canada so I can't see them in person. Can anyone post pics of them wearing the other washes? I'd appreciate it greatly. Or if anyone can even tell me how the worn ins compare to the rigids that have seen them in person. Thanx.

Quote:

Has anyone bought these in the worn in wash? Im trying to decide between worn in and the rigids. I live in canada so I can't see them in person. Can anyone post pics of them wearing the other washes? I'd appreciate it greatly. Or if anyone can even tell me how the worn ins compare to the rigids that have seen them in person. Thanx.

--- Original message by Bbestsb on Mar 22, 2006 12:22 PM

the rigids look completely different compared to the worn in's and worn outs... i bought the rigids just because the washed ones look similar to a pair of my polo jeans...

I was so excited when I saw them at a local Puma store, but then I found out they weren't selvage and they were Evisu x Puma and I had no idea what they were at the time... They do look damn good on you, I think I'm gonna go try them on just to see how they fit on me... I can't break in yet another pair of dry denim but those gulls in that color are very cool... :) still kindda hard to spend money on non selvage jeans... but that's just a denim-snob thinggie... hehehe...

--andrew