picked up a pair of Evisu x Pumas

chim

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHIM, You said you wear a 26 in Zathans, I'm curious of what length in Zathans you wear, and how tall are you? Thanx for the help. Im gonna get a pair after seeing your pick just wanna be sure I get the right size. Evisu sizing always seems to be so random and I haven't tried any girls pairs so I'm really unsure of the fit.

Those look pretty nice. I don't wear skinny jeans so I bought a pair of the men's regular rigids today. They fit pretty similar to my nudie rr, but no bootcut. They are both 32x32. I haven't fully decided if I'll keep them, since I like the fit and slight bootcut of rr so much. I was originally intending on getting rrdg for my next project, but that may be pushed back if I keep the Evisus.

I also tried the women's regular rigid, in 32x32. The calves were too tight for me and the waist, way too big. Weird. I probably should've tried the 30x32, but figured the calves would be tight as well. I wish they would've fit better, since I prefer a little bootcut.

I don't know how true this is, but the sales clerk told me Evisu and Puma are in a contract, and he expects them to release more styles. Note, I could not find a press release to corroborate his statement.

Quote:

CHIM, You said you wear a 26 in Zathans, I'm curious of what length in Zathans you wear, and how tall are you? Thanx for the help. Im gonna get a pair after seeing your pick just wanna be sure I get the right size. Evisu sizing always seems to be so random and I haven't tried any girls pairs so I'm really unsure of the fit.

--- Original message by Bbestsb on Mar 24, 2006 02:27 PM

i wear a 26 in zathans. the puma online store claimed that these ran small, and so i sized accordingly. the 28 was perfect, but considering they're a cotton/polyester/elastane blend, i decided to exchange them for a 26. they're probably the slimmest jeans i own from the knee up, and the rise is a bit low. ive been wearing them around the house for over a week now, and they've stretched out nicely. i also got them tapered in slightly. now i like them alot.

oh i wished i tried the women's jeans. I tried on the carrot and ended up getting the straight leg. Carrot one was too loose on the thighs for me and it didn't look quite fit with the overly loose top and slim leg. what i really wanted was probably slim overall. I settled with the basic straight leg so im wearing it loose overall.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

Those girls evisu look great and I'm seriously thinking of getting a pair!

Just wondering, to chim and Chris (and to anyone else that owns them), how much they have stretched so far? I know they'll stretch a fair bit given I won't be washing for quite some time, just wondering if it looks like they will stretch heaps (like APC or nudie) or not quite as much (like the Imperials), so I can work out whether to go tight or ridiculously tight!

Thanks for the help!

Edited by chapital on Apr 11, 2006 at 11:17 PM

Edited by chapital on Apr 11, 2006 at 11:18 PM

Quote:

i saw them at the puma store on market in san fran. I think they are hot. But to be perfectly honest, I think they are going to be too popular. those gulls are cool, but. . . . .

--- Original message by Sauce on Apr 11, 2006 11:31 PM

I dunno, I guess it depends where you live. In melbourne it's been tsubi for a few years, and now nudie is really played out. I don't see that many people wearing Evisu compared to other high-end denim brands where I'm at. I'd be surprised if the puma x evisu's got really popular here.

I'm currently wearing a pair of these PUMA x Evisu Jeans in a size 30/32 - male regular fit. To be honest with you peeps I really don't think they are at all that great considering the price you pay for them. Okay at the end of the day its one of those "cross-over" brand projects - and thats what swayed me towards them. But taking a closer inspection of these - the stitching and the overall quality is only okayish, considering they are suppose to represent the brand of Puma and Evisu. Have a look at a pair of Levis x Stussy - i bet you will never see such okayish stitching on those. For the price of these it makes my RRDS look like a bargain. Yeah it may seem like im cussing my own jeans but its just my personal opinion. But like i said its one of those "cross-over" projects and thats what swayed me.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my pair in the mail today. Ordered 28/32 womens long skinny and they are way too damn tight. Im super bummed. Hopefully I can exchange for a mens regular in a 30 and they wont be too baggy. The womens regular just looks like it has too weird of a shape going by the pics online. Way too curvy. Can anyone say whether the mens regular is actually a regular fit or is it kinda baggy? Also I think I might be stuck having to order them in the worn out was cause thats the only mens reg left. How good is this wash in person? Is there actually rips and holes in the denim? Does it look they will hold up or tear through? Thanx for any help guys.

My 30/32 regular fit fairly well- and i probably say yes it fits fairly regular. In jeans im usually a size 28, my Levis 501 and RRDS are both size 28 waist. At first when i tried on the Puma/Evisu i was surprised with the fitting as it fits more like a pair of 29s. Anyway these jeans are over rated buy yourself a pair of Nudies instead. Well even though i own a pair of these im wearing my Nudies most of the time anyway. I think the womens line of these Evisu fits fairly strange on a guy since the cutting looks so faminine.

Does anyone know what the quality of the worn out wash is like? It looks like there is holes in them. Are they holes right through the denim or are they just those faux holes fraying and abbrasions to look like holes? The pics on the website show a lot of this on the ass of the jeans. Are all pairs the same or are they unique in how they have been worn? Thanx for any help guys.

^ why don't you just buy the 30 x 32 then? or get the 34" and hem them up. there's no way they're gonna shrink 2 inches.

as for the worn ones. they were abrasions but not holes as i remember. but i didn't like them all the way worn. i got the worn in ones not worn out.

Im thinking of ordering a pair of these evisu x pumas rigid from their website. I have no idea if i can find them in boutiques here in sweden but i think not.

For you guys who have bought them do anyone have the slimmest of the mens model regular.

How is the cut if you compare to example low slim jim? Are they as slim? Do you have the same size on your low slim jims as the evisu x puma?

I have some old evisus that i got from ebay (dunno fake or authentic) they are size 34 (i have 34x34) but the lenght is really really long (guess is made like that so you should fold em up) is the evisu x pumas like that?

Thanks in advance

http://freerolls.kudos.se how to win cash in poker without risking a dollar

the worn outs feature a lotta hand work detail. the holes you see arent actually through the denim. there is a lotta hand work detail used on the worn outs and institching as well. i dont think they would you a pattern for every worn out jean. that defeats the purpose of individuality on behalf of evisu and puma. though, some believe that the worn out looks like they tried a little too hard. others seem to dig it a lot. i guess its how you rock that shit. shoot more questions ill see if i can answer them.

the 30x34s would be that length. the waist will shrink, but not considerably as how you might like. though, i dont know how you like to wear your jeans. as far as the length i suggest you take it to a tailored. in fact, these jeans are meant to be tailored exactly to your liking. the cuffs are doublestitched soo its easy for a tailor to recreated that stitch without ruining your jeans. also, it just makes for you jeans to be more original. soo you can say your jeans arent exactly like the next person wearing evisu x puma jeans. there are a whole bunch of cool features about these jeans. just ask me if you have any questions.

_jp

Quote:

How does the regular modell fits like? No freakin bootcut i hope.

Any ones of nudies modell that has similar fit?

--- Original message by mannen on May 2, 2006 11:35 AM

i got the regular model. its a straight leg. a good fit for me, not tapered or bootleg. i dunno bout y'all but i like my shit loose, but not like some hiphop baggy pants type shit. i wear baggy bjorns, RR's, and g-star radar looses. the regular fit was perfect for me. the baggys were, well, too baggy.. and i don't like the nuthugging of the long rise loose. maybe i'll post a pic later on how the regulars fit on me.

Quote:
Quote:

How does the regular modell fits like? No freakin bootcut i hope.

Any ones of nudies modell that has similar fit?

--- Original message by mannen on May 2, 2006 11:35 AM

i got the regular model. its a straight leg. a good fit for me, not tapered or bootleg. i dunno bout y'all but i like my shit loose, but not like some hiphop baggy pants type shit. i wear baggy bjorns, RR's, and g-star radar looses. the regular fit was perfect for me. the baggys were, well, too baggy.. and i don't like the nuthugging of the long rise loose. maybe i'll post a pic later on how the regulars fit on me.

--- Original message by Landy on May 2, 2006 07:47 PM

please do so :)

http://freerolls.kudos.se how to win cash in poker without risking a dollar