What is Superfuture's Opinion on Pocket Flaps?

Genetics

To actually answer this guys question, over the weekend I saw a few jeans from flathead with pocket flaps and thought they were really interesting, its a subtle little difference that could add some unique fading apart from your average 5 pocket jean. Plus if you don't carry a giant cowboy wallet its just a tad bit safer in keeping your wallet/phone/keys etc from falling out. So personally I think they're pretty cool, but then again I like most things that keep jeans from being normal 5 pockets.

And to genetics, the sarcasm in superfuture comes from the constant influx of people trying to ask about something completely against the grain of what this forum generally supports, and the jeans you posted fall within that category, browse aroound a bit and get a feel of what goes on here then try to find your own niche, if you are really interested in becoming part of this community.

Pocket flaps are also really cool on denim trousers. They add a little bit of character and if done right show some quality sewing skills.

Although i don't think this question justifies a whole new thread, it's easy to diss someone right away, so i'll post an answer to your question.

The best looking jeans with flaps on the backpockets i know of (and have worn) in my opionion are made by Atelier laDurance.

I'm not a big fan of them in general but on dungaree style pants they can look good if executed right.

i quite like pocket flaps... except for those william rast ones you just posted... they looked really obscure..

i use to own a pair of ALD frontier which had awesome flaps... i think a flaps with a donut button in the middle is quite cool! however i dont think they r not very functional... it's a pain in the ass opening and closing them.