Iron Army Jeans

TragicBliss

who fucking cares?

the only people who'll notice are denim nerds that watch american idol (which i'm sure is a minority within a minority). the cut is totally great on those and they look really good with those shoes.

i'm curious what size you take in other jeans/what your 'true' waist size is

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lot of stretch in that denim (20%)! Most stretch denim I've seen only uses around 2-3%. From my experience stretch denim seems to fade very slowly so I'd be interested to see how those turn out.

Quote: Who fucking cares? The only people who'll notice are denim nerds that watch american idol (which i'm sure is a minority within a minority).

Haaa...

Check this out: http://getthelook.americanidol.com/IdolLook.aspx?path=women&mediaId=1&titleId=153&contestantId=180&episodeId=210&userId=&userName=

Quote: That's a lot of stretch in that denim (20%)! Most stretch denim I've seen only uses around 2-3%.

The denim really doesn't feel that stretchy. I think maybe because Elasterol (or whatever it is) has different qualities than elastic or something? I have no idea. But they don't feel 20% strechier than my A.P.C.'s or Julian Red's. There is a definate give however...

http://www.tragicbliss.com

alright alright i am one of "The Steve's" who own's Iron Army and, it's about time i put some rumors to rest here haha, but im so stoked that you are all loving our jeans and talkin them up. thats so encouraging.

regarding the price, they sell for $190 - $250 at a bunch of stores (check our site for the full list)

about the fabric, it's true it's a 20% Elasterel P content, but it is NOT 20% stretch, Elasterel P has much more "memory" than lycra so it feels like a 1% or 2% stretch yet at the end of the day is doesn't bag out and get all dumpy like lycra does. So the jeans will fit tight and slim and hold their shape forever....seriously.

ummm that's it for now, me and the other Steve will be on here often now to answer questions and fill you in on the inner workings of our company. we've got some super sick stuff coming out that will be in stores all over for a 5/30 delivery and we're workin on a killer photoshoot idea too, art kids and bikes....

ok, im out.

Steve Dubbeldam

Iron Army

"feels so good to be sewn so wrong"

www.ironarmyclothing.com

Maybe "Iron Army" is what the japanese armies of centuries past were called...as I would surmise they were clad in iron to do battle...

I appreciate the fact that it say big "HIRO" small "ito" on there but can't quite imagine the Steves picking a random japanese name for their brand...

I might be wrong but my immediate association is with the Emperor...still quite the iconinc figure in Japan today...

Then again these jeans are made in the US..?

hmm...

elucidatory details forthcoming I hope...

Hiro Ito eh?

well Steve and i were born in small igloos about 10 miles from each other and met when we were nine. at the age of 11 we snuck aboard a ship and sailed down to costa rica. it was there that we learned about denim and heard word of japanese mills. we caught a boat over to japan and on this boat we met a young guy named Hiro Ito. His father lived in the mill and invited us to stay there and study the process of making denim with him. After 6 years in the mill steve and i constructed a ship made of denim and sailed it to europe. Hiro joined us on this voyage. It was our first of many. All the names on the inside of our jeans played a very important role in get us to LA. by the way normal denim gets super soggy and sinks but it's the memory that allows for buoyancy. the memory has been tested on our ships and usually lasts about 10 years, and then it starts to sag out a bit.

hope this clears up any confusion.

steve.

Just another STEVE

BUTCHERED is correct....however... Cash redid a lot of other peoples music and some say he butchered his fair share of songs as well. Somehow I don't think he would of minded. I agree with you though... he FUCKED that song from beg to end. Back to the jeans. I think they look pretty awesome although I would never wear stretch anything.

Hey man,

As of right now we are using stretch straight across the board for mens and womens but to our mens we soak the jeans in a resin then bake them and that locks up the fabric and adds a bit of weight to it as well. I have been rockin a pair of the stretch jeans from when they were raw about 6 months ago and i'll try and toss a picture of them up here soon. they look rad an they are so comfortable. so in answer to your question we don't have any rigid for mens right now but try the stretch raw man, they might surprise you.

lates

Just another STEVE

Guest Airjamie

Is it just me or do tragic's jeans look kinda bootcut? I noticed in the official pics the guys jeans are pretty tapered, is this just a different fit?

Guest Airjamie

I noticed that you mentioned a bible verse being quoted on the inside of your jeans, is this just because it explains the brand name/philosophy or are you actually a christian brand?

BTW Those new white ones on the site are gorgeous.

Edited by Airjamie on Mar 29, 2006 at 04:39 PM

haha yea that's rad that you know where that's coming from. Proverbs 27:17 is the inspiration for our company name. It started when steve and i were both travelling and we would hold each other accountable in our lifestyle and sign off our emails "as iron". Thus the Iron Army crew was birthed.

we are definately a Christian brand, yet we don't believe in the idea that "Christian" clothes exist. We want to stand as a point of difference in our industry in our integrity, the way we promote and steer culture, and the way that we love those around us......sounds mushy but it's true, it's what our world needs and we're stoked to change our part of the world with our jeans.

PS. the white jeans are sick, they will change your life. they will hit the stores soonish.

Steve Dubbeldam

www.ironarmyclothing.com

[email protected]

"Feels so right to be sewn so wrong"

• 2 months later...