Iron Army Jeans

TragicBliss

Jeans are looking real nice. The Sebastian cut is my favorite. I really doubt there's anywhere near me that are gonna be getting these for awhile...

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Jeans are looking real nice. The Sebastian cut is my favorite. I really doubt there's anywhere near me that are gonna be getting these for awhile...

Sebastian looks really nice to me. Any chance on being able to order directly from you, Steve? How much would a pair of the Sebastian's run?

What are the differences in the cuts? They all say straight leg so I assume they're just different varients of bagginess. As far as I can tell the Hiro's seem to be the skinniest and the Sebastian's are the baggiest. But what about the rest?

What are the differences in the cuts? They all say straight leg so I assume they're just different varients of bagginess. As far as I can tell the Hiro's seem to be the skinniest and the Sebastian's are the baggiest. But what about the rest?

There is only one cut. Low rise, slim straight leg cut long. The name denotes denim/stitch color.

• 1 month later...

i love the look of these when they're new, but could someone post some pics of how the raw ones fade? I really want to see how it compares to jeans that don't have the elasterel stretch. Basically i am curious to verify the Iron Armys claim that their jeans with elasterel have better shape memory than 100% cotton denims.

I have a pair of the Hiro Ito, worn them at least 20 times(sitting a lot), and the fabric really does maintain it's shape. I also have a pair of Thin Finns that contain a bit of Lycra, and they bagged out after just a few wears.

As far as fading goes, my Hiros are showing better wear than my other black denims(still nowhere near as much as indigo,though).

I'll try to post some pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i was woodbury commons yesterday and saw these. sucks for iron army.

the ones i saw:

AS-785N555_BLK_cu.jpg

iron army:

mayumi.jpg

and

the ones i saw:

AS-780G556_IND_cu.jpg

iron army:

lola.jpg

allen b.??

http://www.absstyle.com/nshop/product.php?view=listing&groupName=pants&dept=535

So is it true that the stitching on the backpockets are different from what we see on the web?

I got a pair of IA Raw Sebastians from Sam113... and they're sick as hell! I know a lot of people rag on the stretch, but it makes them so damn comfortable. I'm 5'11", 160lbs, and I got a size 29, so they're fairly tight but still soooooooo damn comfy. I'll try to get around to posting pics soon.

I hope these things fade/honeycomb/distress well! (These are my first raw jeans)

Thanks Sam (and the Steves)!

DAMN it feels good to be sewn so wrong

I just wanted to throw out some props for Sam113 - I bought my Sebastians from him and he provided FANTASTIC service (both in the great price he gave me and the fact that he shipped me 2 sizes and accepted a no-trouble return for the size I didn't want). I would highly recommend him and his store (Context) to anyone! If I lived in the Madison area, I'm sure I'd be a frequent face in his store!

Thanks Sam!

• 2 weeks later...
so, just to be clear: there's only one cut that they offer? is the difference on the website just a kind of sizing guide then, for going up or down a size?

also, can anyone tell me what size i should go for? i'm a 30 in slim jims, 31 in jr cali, 28 in new standard...about 6 ft. 170. Thanks!

Yes, they only have 1 cut. The different model names are just different denim/stitching colors (hiro - black/white, novio - black/grey, sebastian - blue/beige, linus - white/black, toshiro - brown/white). I think you're right that the models are also demonstrating different fits - proper sizing vs sizing up (or proper sizing vs sizing down, depending on your perspective).

When I bought my raw Sebastians I tried 29s and 30s (i'm 5'11" and ~160lbs) and definitely could have worn either, but I went for the slimmer-fitting 29s. They are definitely slim but are REALLY comfortable, and I'm more than happy wearing them every day. I would probably recommend you go with size 30 (or 31 if you want a bit looser fit). I've worn mine for 16 days now, and they dont feel like they've stretched out much in the waist. I posted some pics in the WAYWT thread as well, but I'll post here as well for fit-reference:

img6430ta0.jpg

img6428yz8.jpg

Both of these are from the first day I got them - but the first pic is from after a gnarly concert (you can see the knees already bagged out a little bit - they haven't stretched out much more since, though) while the 2nd is from before.