Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, i'm in the same boat as you are. Ordered s710bk's in a size 34. I usually wear a 30/31 in most jeans.. Gordon said 34s will shrink to a 32 which will probably be a little closer to 31 than 32. Hopefully everything will work out!

good luck..let me know how they work out for you it'll help me decide whether to go for the 33" or 34"

not that i know of.

i am considering getting the 2nd samurai collab since its texas cotton and the 5000 cut.

my concern is the 2nd site said its using 0500 denim but it doesnt say specifically texas cotton like it does on the 0500 page. there was no other denim used for the 0500 other than texas cotton right?

not that i know of.

i am considering getting the 2nd samurai collab since its texas cotton and the 5000 cut.

my concern is the 2nd site said its using 0500 denim but it doesnt say specifically texas cotton like it does on the 0500 page. there was no other denim used for the 0500 other than texas cotton right?

i think from my research that the s0500xx uses only the texas cotton.. and so is the m0310xx i may be wrong :rolleyes:

not that i know of.

I assume they'd be texas cotton.

Just as Percy said, you may want to just hold off and soak these depending on what size you need.

Those should shrink a 1-2 inches (depending on temperature of the water and length of soak) in the waist.

I would say your looking at a good $200-$250 for those in the supermarket. Probably the later because they are un-soaked and still tagged.

I would love to make you an offer on those beauties, but I've got another pair of jeans to acquire (payday) next week.

Hey everybody, these jeans are too big for me. How much should I expect to get for them if I put them up for sale?

They are Lot #10 size 33 and the waist is also 33 presoak.

Thanks for your help!

what size are you? without stating the obvious you do know they are gonna shrink when soaked?

i think you should expect to get at least 250 bux if they brand new. blue in green sell for about 280 something

Wow gimmegimme you have good memory haha.

Yeah I ordered the wrong size. I should have probably gotten a 31. I have wide hips for some reason. My APC NS are size 29, but the waist has stretched to a 34. Going off this information, I thought that i would be alright with the 33. I would post fit pictures, but these things look like some 5000s or something on me.

And yes I know that these do shrink, but believe me when I tell you that they won't shrink enough to fit me properly.

I can post fit pictures of my NS to show you how they fit me, but I dont know if that would be appropriate in this thread.

Also, the fact that these have the tab and arcs doesnt increase the price at all? I was hoping that I could get something around what BiG charges since theirs don't have them. Oh well...

bustin: so they fit looser than your 29 apc ns?

i figure with a hot soak the 33s would shrink down to a 31 or so..you dont think that would be sufficient still? im asking because i have a 31" waist (6'1" 155lbs) and was just about to order the same exact pair off BiG (33" s710)

So I got around to hot soaking and air drying my USA's. (they measured a lil over 34" raw.) And I didn't feel like that was enough so I threw them in for a hot wash and hot dry and the proof is in tha pudding... I hope that this helps in any way possible with all of the confusion that has been going on lately I really hope that they sort things out...

BiG has these measured at waist: 34" thigh: 13" leg opening: 9"

and My results waist: 32" thigh: 12 1/4" leg opening: 8 1/4"

usa3.jpg

usa2.jpg

usa4.jpg

usa1.jpg

Aight kids here's my dilemna:

I need new jeans, Samurai seems to have cuts that would fit me. I don't know whether I want to drop that much on jeans, maybe I can score something on supermarket or something, but anyways, HELP.

I have a 31" waist, it'll be smaller within a month or two as well. My thighs right at the crotch are 24.5" when relaxed. My quads are 23" relaxed.

What do I look for. Thanks.

Yeah. I noticed that BIG's chart was at least a quarter inch larger than what was present in the pair i had. I will measure up tomorrow and see what I get...though they did measure the waist on my 31's...and it was an inch larger (32").

Maybe it's the "above size 32" batch people were buzzing about? I didn't know what that all was regards to...but I can say again, that these seem like sized down 5000vx's (meaning sized down 1 already)...so if you size down 1 with the USA's,,,you're getting measurements/fit like 5000vx's sized down 2.

Rome...you're saying that the post-soak measures out to .5" - .75" shrinkage in thighs, knee, and leg opening? Basically places where you expect only .25" shrinkage.

pretty much, I just wish that they wouldn't have screwed around with the way things were made...jus left um' as is. I posted the pics to prove my point instead of just adding to the ongoing confusion.

i received my replacement pair of 710s today. first of all i had a size 34 but they were that at tag size, even possibly a touch smaller.

i decided to go for size 36 to be safe and after soaking they seem fine. i can tell they are looser in the leg than the 34 i had and obviously the waist. i think for a premium fit size 35 would have been the best choice, as these didnt seem to shrink as much as some denim. all i need to do now is grow about four inches so the legs fit!

they are still drying off but i will try take some pics when they are done.

so i think i can conclude that sizing up one with the lot 10 issue is about right for true fit and sizing down one when they measure correctly will be ok.