Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the second option. true to size post soak, so buy true to size according to the tag, not original, presoaked waist width

so we're talking about 710's here from a few pages back... I'm going to get them through parachutes from Japan so I shouldn't have to worry about this new sizing batch. I wear a 33 in Dukes but with the high rise and slim thighs they were very much "squeezed into" for the first month (this was just in the thighs/hips, the waist fit fine from the start and i didnt have any trouble buttoning them up) but I'd like the thighs just a little bigger on these. BiG has the 33 measuring 12.5 top of thighs and the 32 is 12.25 and this is pre-soak... Correct me if I'm wrong but my Dukes are 12 so will these be slimmer in the thighs than the Dukes after I soak them and then wear them a while to stretch them out?!? This is my first pair I'm actually going to have to soak to excuse my noobness.

I guess after all that, should I get the same size as my Dukes if I want them to fit slightly looser after all the soaking/stretching is out of the way?

ive had my sam s5000vxs for like 4.5 months and ive started getting some fade action all over and im considering soaking because they are getting dirty

is there any reason I wouldnt want to soak them? or i should worry about if i soak

soaking/washing your jeans is fine and i do all mine every couple of months. the only reason you may not want to soak is if you didnt soak them before you started wearing and therefore didnt shrink them. in which case you are in for a surprise.

soaking/washing your jeans is fine and i do all mine every couple of months. the only reason you may not want to soak is if you didnt soak them before you started wearing and therefore didnt shrink them. in which case you are in for a surprise.

uh oh....

how much are we talkin

because my sams are already tighter than all my other jeans fit wize the waist probably could use some shrinking

uh oh....

how much are we talkin

because my sams are already tighter than all my other jeans fit wize the waist probably could use some shrinking

ouch lol dont worry soak them in hot hot water. youll have to wash them eventually. might as well do it now.

soak them. then itll stretch

so we're talking about 710's here from a few pages back... I'm going to get them through parachutes from Japan so I shouldn't have to worry about this new sizing batch. I wear a 33 in Dukes but with the high rise and slim thighs they were very much "squeezed into" for the first month (this was just in the thighs/hips, the waist fit fine from the start and i didnt have any trouble buttoning them up) but I'd like the thighs just a little bigger on these. BiG has the 33 measuring 12.5 top of thighs and the 32 is 12.25 and this is pre-soak... Correct me if I'm wrong but my Dukes are 12 so will these be slimmer in the thighs than the Dukes after I soak them and then wear them a while to stretch them out?!? This is my first pair I'm actually going to have to soak to excuse my noobness.

I guess after all that, should I get the same size as my Dukes if I want them to fit slightly looser after all the soaking/stretching is out of the way?

no, they wont be slimmer than your dukes post soak, at most theyll be equal to your dukes (the thighs i mean), the 710s dont shrink too much in a soak, a quarter to half in at most in width from experience. i think the 32s would work, though i have no experience with dukes so i cant really say much in regards to how they compare

hi peeps i just ordered a pair of 21oz s5000vx ... you think the sizing on this is fucked up too like what happened to most guys here?
I was wondering this, I ordered mine from Take 5 and they made no mention about them measuring true to size pre soak like they state on BiG - I ordered a 28 and i'm probably pushing it a bit with that size anyway, if they measure 28 pre soak I'm fucked.

great... thanks.

For the time being, I think I may stick with a 33 just to get a different/slightly loser fit than my dukes but then again these are much lower rise so I'll be wearing them lower so the "top of thigh" will be further down... maybe I do need a 32, from what I've read they will stretch out quite a bit post-soak, correct?

All I can tell you guys worried about the size is that when I got my lot 10 S0500XX they measurd tag size when raw - 32" (16" across the back of waistband).

After a soak they were 15" across the back, despite having a coat hanger in there which slipped out.

However, after wearing for a few hours they are stretching out nicely and should be fine soon. I should still probably lose some xmas pounds!

colliepark, i think you have two options; either sit in the bath and soak them whilst you are wearing, or get them dry cleaned. otherwise they will be too small for you afterwards.

the idea for the future is generally to buy jeans that will shrink to fit your size after soaking.

Finally something to the rescue...

All that soak talk...

These the ones you wore in Berlin ? They are coming along nicely..love the fit with the boots...:)

No, I was wearing 710s in Berlin, those are S3000BKs.

But with any luck I'll be wearing them over there this year so there's hope.