Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Yea, SDA 103. Got a size 31, 45 min midly warm soak, wore when they were still just a bit damp and now they are more relaxed than they were raw. Definitely don't want the thighs to be tighter than those are now though. Also the legs of my 31 waist nudie masas fit nearly perfect but their waist is ridiculously big on me. All others are too tight in the legs with the exception of SC40200 but i really don't like the asses on them.

I wear a 30 in 103's...5000's fit similar, but not the same...the thighs are a tad tighter, but I sized down to a 29. Maybe a 30 in 5000's would be good.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear a 30 in 103's...5000's fit similar, but not the same...the thighs are a tad tighter, but I sized down to a 29. Maybe a 30 in 5000's would be good.

Thanks for that. About the thigh issue, do they stretch much on the 5000vx? Because I definitely don't want jeans that's maximum stretch in the thighs will still be tighter than my 103's thighs now. I just put on my 103's and I can pull them off with a struggle, without undoing any buttons even though they fit my thighs good. Might get a 30 or 31 (if they stretch) or 32 in the 5000vx and slap a belt around it, even though I don't like belts and everyone always warns about never sizing up on samurais.

I have been wanting to pick up a pair of 710xx's and just came across a pair in supermarket that are in my size, but they have been washed twice and dried in a dryer. I know this solves the problem of getting all the shrinking done, but it seems like it is at the cost of having the denim nice and crunchy from the beginning. I know I could just starch, but I really don't like going that route...should I not worry about the dryer?

I have been wanting to pick up a pair of 710xx's and just came across a pair in supermarket that are in my size, but they have been washed twice and dried in a dryer. I know this solves the problem of getting all the shrinking done, but it seems like it is at the cost of having the denim nice and crunchy from the beginning. I know I could just starch, but I really don't like going that route...should I not worry about the dryer?

Not at all. All jeans that are in one-wash state have been dried in a dryer, and still yield amazing fades.

Thanks for that. About the thigh issue, do they stretch much on the 5000vx? Because I definitely don't want jeans that's maximum stretch in the thighs will still be tighter than my 103's thighs now. I just put on my 103's and I can pull them off with a struggle, without undoing any buttons even though they fit my thighs good. Might get a 30 or 31 (if they stretch) or 32 in the 5000vx and slap a belt around it, even though I don't like belts and everyone always warns about never sizing up on samurais.

Do you want to be able to pull them off without undoing them?

Yes, the stretch a lot...the 5000 more so than any of their other jeans. I think I would go with a 31.

Do you want to be able to pull them off without undoing them?

Yes, the stretch a lot...the 5000 more so than any of their other jeans. I think I would go with a 31.

Definitely prefer not to but that was just to point out that I don't mind going a bit up in waist size to get a good leg fit but since they stretch a lot at the thighs, I'm sold. Thanks for the advice, will order a pair of 31 after exams. Now to study for them........

poostain, the thighs on my 710s dont stretch a ton. if youre measuring laid flat, about a half in at the most

Hmmm, just compared the measurements and looks I will get the s0500xx 31 (still a while though till after exams). They're a millimetre larger than the s5000vx in the thighs and they are of thinner denim. Worst case scenario thighs are 28.2cm after soak and wash but are able to stretch half an inch like yours (just read how these are highly tensioned), I would be only about a centimetre off my desired thigh measurement. I'll see how it goes. If an extra months wear won't make them more comfy then I'll sell them and accept that the non repro samurai models are just not for me. Thanks for the info dino.

i'm guessing the 15 oz should be easier to stretch than the 17oz. any idea what the measurement was post soak b4 you started wearing em in?

Noriko said on the phone that heavier denim stretches more. Isn't it all based on the weave and not the weight?

around 11.5. I have skinny legs though...so not much stretching would have happened.

What's the rise measurement on your sams?

The waist on my size 31 S5000VX is now 34".

Oooh, perfect guy to ask, just wondering if you think they'll stretch much more than they have already in the waist? What are the thigh measurements for it too? (pre and post stretch if poss)

Noriko said on the phone that heavier denim stretches more. Isn't it all based on the weave and not the weight?

Yeah, it has almost nothing to do with the weight. IH stretch a lot, they are 21oz. I dunno if it would even be the weave, its probably a multitude of things.

Yeah, it has almost nothing to do with the weight. IH stretch a lot, they are 21oz. I dunno if it would even be the weave, its probably a multitude of things.

My IH jeans are my only ones that give a bit under pressure, and they definitely stretch out a ton.

Has anyone heard anything about the S0310XXs yet? I'm desperate. I need a new pair of jeans and somehow I'm in queue for only jeans that won't be around soon.

hey. i'm kind of a lurker here, but i thought i'd like to tell you guys that i'll be getting a size 28 or 29 in both the 5000vx and the 510 when i go to japan and hong kong during christmas and new years. i'm getting the 510s because i think everyone here tends to avoid it. i'll post pre and post soak fits of both when i get back to contribute to this samurai thread... also, i might be picking up some 004 pbjs in japan just to experiment.

i'll be hitting quite a few places, take5 in HK being the last, so expect more pictures of the store in the take5 thread...

also, if you guys have any suggestions on specific denim stores to go to in japan, please let me know because i'll only have 3 day of free time.

hey. i'm kind of a lurker here, but i thought i'd like to tell you guys that i'll be getting a size 28 or 29 in both the 5000vx and the 510 when i go to japan and hong kong during christmas and new years. i'm getting the 510s because i think everyone here tends to avoid it. i'll post pre and post soak fits of both when i get back to contribute to this samurai thread... also, i might be picking up some 004 pbjs in japan just to experiment.

Get the 510 VX. I've been stuck on them lately. Show us what they look like.

Get the 510 VX. I've been stuck on them lately. Show us what they look like.

I'll see if i can find them, but I honestly will be rambling around with no idea where to get them. Also, I'd imagine that they're quite expensive, so I'd probably have to give up the 5000vx. I'll try to take pics in the store if they don't have my size for some odd reason.

Noob here, I'm thinking about some 5000vx's, need some help about sizing and what you do as far as soak when you get them, or if they stretch a ton or a lot or shrink a ton when washed and then nothing more?

I'm asusming they will stretch about an inch or two in the waist, but once I wash them I've also read they shrink a ton. Or do you do like a soak before wearing them at all, and then they shrink, then stretch out more? Acording to the BiG website a tagged 33 S5000VX would fit me perfectly all around, waist and thighs, but thats the fit measured when new.

So what size should I get to compensate for stretching, shrinking etc? I'm not a skinny fuck like some of you on here, a much more athletic build with big thighs.

I'll see if i can find them, but I honestly will be rambling around with no idea where to get them. Also, I'd imagine that they're quite expensive, so I'd probably have to give up the 5000vx. I'll try to take pics in the store if they don't have my size for some odd reason.

Where in Japan are you going?

I think they might only be at 2nd in Osaka.

You want your normal size or one down according to most people. Samurai denim is known for stretching out after a wash.

Normal size in the 5000vx would end up very loose. I would size down 1 in the current 5000vx. It seems like earlier batches were even bigger. The Lot 9s I have would have still been a very comfortable fit sized down 2 but buying over the net I didn't dare go that far. They start about right across the waist already raw, dontch shrink much in the waist and then stretch a LOT. My Lot 9 31s fit like wide 32s or narrower 33s within a week of wear.

size 1 down for those s710's.. dont go 2 sizes down..

So size down 1 for 710? Two people saying two different things. Gimmegimme seems the expert, what do you think? :)

And where would be the place to buy online, BiG seem to be running low on stock.