Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Just finished having them in the dryer for about 25 minutes. they're still damp but the inseam has shrunk 2 inches. I also noticed the waist shrunk about 2 inches. The thigh has shrunk an inch.

Pre

hem: 8.27"

waist 33.86"

knee: 9.35"

Thigh: 12.5"

inseam: 38.19"

front rise: 12.01"

back rise: 14.57"

so far for post wash

Hem: 7.8"

knee: 8.5"

thigh: 12.0

inseam: 36.16

I'll remeasure when fully dry and get the rise as well. I'm pretty sure it'll stay around that. They are a little damp.

I wanted to post this stuff so that people can have an idea of the change. I wish everyone would do it.

These measurements were done the same way as BIG does them so you can compare with them as well and so we are all on the same page

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spin cycle can leaves deep creases that never come out. Someone told me that if you soak them for a bit before washing them, this will prevent this.

It loosens the fibers up a little, so that throwing them straight into the wash isn't such a shock for the denim. It def helps prevent these streaks or snags that might occur. you don't have to do it, remember there is no right or wrong way to wash/ soak your jeans.

It loosens the fibers up a little, so that throwing them straight into the wash isn't such a shock for the denim. It def helps prevent these streaks or snags that might occur. you don't have to do it, remember there is no right or wrong way to wash/ soak your jeans.

I see a streak or two but only in the inside part of the jean. I didn't even let the spin cycle occur though

mine always get all blue on the inside thats the indigo running off and onto the white cotton. Im talking about a hard streak or line that might occur from getting twisted or wrapped around the agitator in the machine.

i would think against it, but i guess it depends on the type of fit your looking for. if anything i would stick to a 32 even size down one to a 31. if you flip through this thread there are plenty of pics of various people sizing down staying true to size etc...

Just finished having them in the dryer for about 25 minutes. they're still damp but the inseam has shrunk 2 inches. I also noticed the waist shrunk about 2 inches. The thigh has shrunk an inch.

Pre

hem: 8.27"

waist 33.86"

knee: 9.35"

Thigh: 12.5"

inseam: 38.19"

front rise: 12.01"

back rise: 14.57"

so far for post wash

Hem: 7.8"

knee: 8.5"

thigh: 12.0

inseam: 36.16

I'll remeasure when fully dry and get the rise as well. I'm pretty sure it'll stay around that. They are a little damp.

I wanted to post this stuff so that people can have an idea of the change. I wish everyone would do it.

These measurements were done the same way as BIG does them so you can compare with them as well and so we are all on the same page

how exactly did you do your wash/soak/dry process to yield these results ?

if my usual sz is 32 would it be unwise to get the BKs in 33?

i just got my 2nd pair of s5000bk's.

so this is my sizing chart.

-2 for slim

-1 for regular

true to size for relaxed fit

+1 for really baggy.

They really do fit -2 than waist size. HJJ can account for this fact as well.

i just got my 2nd pair of s5000bk's.

so this is my sizing chart.

-2 for slim

-1 for regular

true to size for relaxed fit

+1 for really baggy.

They really do fit -2 than waist size. HJJ can account for this fact as well.

i can tooo

how exactly did you do your wash/soak/dry process to yield these results ?

Very simple. I just did a Hot wash without the rinse/spin part. I noticed from my washer that during the rinse, it dumps the water out and adds a cold water. I skipped that and went from the hot wash to the dryer. I put it in the dryer for about 25 minutes and they've been lying out drying ever since. Takes a while since it's so heavy I guess. It was then that i noticed the inseam shrink. When they were soaking wet in the washer, drained, I measured the inseam. It was the exact length of the pre measurement. Putting it in the dryer was a good idea to shrink it. The waist shrunk so much though. It was crazy. Pre wash I could button it up without struggle at all. I can only get 3 buttons up now. More than anything though I'd say I'm amazed at how much the knee shrunk.

The S5000 (all VX/ZERO denim models) and all models with Texas cotton are bigger than tag size, because they don't shrink much at all in the waist, and if they do, they stretch out very quickly again.

I'm a 30 in the S0505XX and ALL similar Japanese models, and a 28 in the S5000 and S0500.

I agree with poly's chart.

i've heard that texas cotton doesn't stretch as much as the zero denim. so the waist on the s5000vx will stretch about 2 inches back to what it was in raw state, while the s0500 only stretches about an inch. can you confirm this?

i was thinking of getting the s0500 one size larger than my s5000 size. good idea?

The zero shrinks more - after 3 or 4 washes..Texas cotton is done after the first hot soak...

Really? I remember a couple people (I think cheep was one) who said that their contest jeans shrank some more after the first wash. My impression of the texas cotton stuff is that it takes a couple times to shrink down all the way. I more recently got a pair of s0500s and so far they've shrank 1 time from a hot soak and then a tiny bit more after I threw them in the dryer. But I was expecting that they might even shrink a bit more when I do a regular hot/warm machine wash.

No serious answers? I've always thought the knee stretching effect was normal. It happens with all my other raw jeans after a few weeks. But this Samurai one only happened within an hour.

Seriously...you already soaked them, so they're yours. Zero denim takes multiple soaks/washes to shrink fully, so keep trying. See previous page for hot washing instructions.