Music Producers / Studio Thread

naturaljax

thanks disk, i actually prefer the vocal approach for my previous mixtape too. the reason why i did it this way for song was because i felt it suited the song better. when i recorded, i couldn't feel the "power" when i did it in "normal" tone. the aggression gave the song "life" in my opinion. oh and the whole swag cookin thingy, we were just having fun and riding on the hype. no one here locally has done that shit, so we thought we'd just fuck with it for fun. i totally understand when you say bandwagoney. :) thanks again for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

haploid i like this track. The only thing I could say to make a track more complete or cohesive is to look into harmony thoery to understand phrasing, this really helps to progress a track tonally. Also you could try a modulation and change keys, this helps to break up a track.

I'm on it. I'll make my own cusstum rizing sinth

I posted this earlier but not sure if any of you guys peeped -- my variation on trap beatz:

http://www.throwthisaway.org/TRPRMZK.mp3

DÃœM actually recorded a dope verse to this for our #GORGEOUSCHILDREN project, but I haven't quite finished mixing it down, will def post when I get it finished.

fuck i dont have fruity loops so i can't use the pre-made shit that comes with it that he uses

where to cop rising synth sample? if we're staying true to form, everything has to be a loop or something pre-made lol.

we should make this a communal project. should i post somethin up in misc musings thread as a wanted add: "real trap rappers wanted, must be swaggin out to qualify"? we could theoretically put out a mixtape.

really good production wise, the only CC i have is like that synth being panned/filtered behind the vocals kind of washes them out a bit, not sure how to explain it...it may be that the vocals aren't powerful enough, or it could be too loud in the mix, sidechaining the vocals to that synth track with a compressor...essentially 'ducking' may help a bit, or maybe i'm just hearing shit, i didn't listen at a loud level just what i noticed, still the beats and everything sound very tight

this is a shameless self-bump so that you guys peep the track up there^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, really curious to hear what people say, plus I added some vocal adlib chop chop whatnot

Everything production/ mix sounds good to me. Maybe add a lead over the chords?