Music Producers / Studio Thread

naturaljax

I think some of you guys are chopping kinda weird by just repeating parts.

The best way to do it is to actually have it running in two tracks and switching between them so you lose words (this is what I like the best)

it helps to not disrupt the flow imo

nah then you're just stuttering the track.

when you chop for real, you're able to come back the first track and then you're still on beat obviously.

ex:

JLvY9dD5QgI

I I STAND STAND THE RAIN

KISS KISS WIN WINDOW

I I STAND STAND THE RAIN

not the gulliest example, but you get it haha

you're losing words but it keeps the beat and sounds much better to me than just stuttering the track because you're rephrasing shit, just takes a little more thought obviously because words are lost.

oh I see you, chopping so the verse itself is still continuous and the chop is before it

I just c&s mainly because I think a track would sound dope slowed down and want it on my ipod. I just chop to dick around while I'm in vdj anyway, so it's whatever to me

I just do it like this

Screen%20Shot%202011-08-31%20at%2012.42.25%20PM.png

this one's barely offset, but that just depends on the song and how you want the chops

edit: and you can see in the screenshot that the second track is being run for awhile, that's how you lose words (switching back to the track that's ahead)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting work on the next stage of my DJ Hellenistik project and I'm looking for people who would be interested in working on songs / remixes / sound design, etc... this will be a very collaborative exploration at this point so it should be a lot of fun. If you're interested, drop me a line with a link to some of your work and we can talk more extensively about the project at this point in time.

can we do a quick post your studio section? i'm in the process of revamping mine so i need some inspiration :)

I'm using:

ableton studio

ni massive

audiodamage drumspillage

akai apc40

maudio oxygen 49

yamaha hs50's

ni audio4dj

i'm currently in the market for new monitors/power amp, thinking about going passive this time. really tempted to just say fuck and drop the money on a shitload of vsts i dont need though...decisions...