Music Producers / Studio Thread

naturaljax

make em holmes, it's really fun

easy to make a perfect kick with basic synthesis + sample layering

snares are all about the perfect layering + filtering

and then you compress, eq, reverb and saturate to taste

wow that's crazy cool. like that synth (?) a lot. really cool warm sound overall.

good job balancing the weighty kicks with the bass. the midrange of this track is just right.

thanks dude, yeah it was a synth. I'll look it up when I get the chance. I'll will be posting more (in one post) in a bit.

50 minutes later:

I added some of my more recent beats to YouTube. Should've done that a while ago.

3wlwKUqGSjM

DIYV5VKNYw8

94EP6GVPRIQ

I added more to my YouTube page, I just didnt want to spam the thread

So I want to get into beat-making, and have decided on the AKAI MPD 24 and Reason and Logic to get me started. Can anyone recommend me some resources to read to get accustomed to the world of hip-hop producing? I am literally taking a shot in the dark here. I mostly love learning on my own, but realize that it will probably set me back a ton...

this thread is poppin again as it should be! thank you all for making awesome music! I've listened to and enjoyed everything on this page, especially spike27z

I moved out last week and have been making only trap beats for this week.

I will post all of them for you to listen beginning of next week when I'm not so busy. Keep up the good work everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boost the 300hz in the snare a bit and add a lil presence and a bit of compression to make it a bit snappier

cool concept though! glad to see this page getting some love.

yo that was pretty cool a2b489, but WHAT IS THAT SECOND SAMPLE THO DAYUMM>>> you should share more of your music if you got it, I have enjoyed the experimental bent in all your trax

the second sample is kind of this skewed version of the rest of the song with soulja boy vocals. made this track the other day, radiohead sample:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i9w78gxbby3ed3t

haha yeah I recognized it instantly, I was just foolin cuhh.

dig the track you just posted, especially the marching snare sound!

snake edit::::

a2b489 - yo I am sorry for that piss poor excuse for a compliment above, the track was nice and I only vaguely recognized the radiohead flick. also definitely appreciated all of your drum sounds -- very fat and essential bruh. i also happened to use a marching snare sorta sound in a beat i made today:

cheque it unique trapp beat of the day pt. 1

http://www.throwthisaway.org/TRPRMZK.mp3

yeah!!! that's fucking dope dog! the beat is nice and disorienting which fits the vocal style a lot. only thing i would do differently would be to put a bit of a "slap back" delay (a delay at about 50% wetness and no feedback with like a 30-60ms delay) on the vocal during the chorus to give a more dramatic effect.

otherwise enjoying this track and video a lot.

thanks alot du! glad you enjoy it! oh yeah and the so called "chorus", i didn't pay attention to the vocal mixing because i didn't actually want it to sound like a chorus? vague right? i know but that's why i didn't pay special attention to it but thanks for the input though. i'll see what i can do with it in further mastering for the project.

good job Minou, I enjoyed the music video. Beat was dope and everything sounded really well mixed on my end. I think I prefer your vocal approach on the last mixtape you put out -- it's got less of the faux aggression I felt on this track. Also, you guys shouldn't do the whole swag thing and cook chef ish. Makes what I feel like otherwise is a solid, genuine effort to put out a good track look kinda bandwagoney.. Definitely excited to hear more from you guys though, keep it up!