Evisu is still loved!

benzak

im really underwhelmed by the fading of the no13 denim. well... everything heritage ive had actually.... gave away the nakame jeans because i just didnt like em anymore... the denim just seems so flat and boring compared to everything else i have now. new, they are great, but the denim loses character when it fades.

The only Heritage denim I've got that's properly worn is the broken twill jeans, and I'm happy how they've turned out...not a fan of the D85 denim at all though, and I'm still working on the No.13 stuff...

I've yet to see a pair of Heritage jeans that compare to some of the worn MIJ Evisu, or certain other brands...

yeah, true. all mine get minor wear right now since its so hot outside... actually bought the 33s just because they were 9oz and i work outside in 90+ degree heat 50 hours a week.

still cant wait for the no1 specials the dd+1 is supposedly getting

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what the DD+1 do to the 2000s individually, would be good if they were exact replicas of the original pair, with the paint and extra patch.

The Evis Leepros are pretty lightweight, but too tight on the thighs when it's hot...the roominess of the 2001s makes life a little more bearable.

yeah, true. all mine get minor wear right now since its so hot outside... actually bought the 33s just because they were 9oz and i work outside in 90+ degree heat 50 hours a week.

still cant wait for the no1 specials the dd+1 is supposedly getting

i spent like 2-3 days going over that thread. it's so epic. not even an understatement. even though im not part of the dd+1, can I post with you guys with my own no.1 2000 ? haha man. i wish i had joined earlier.

any opinions on the 2004 cut? I've heard that it is a slightly relaxed cut compared to the 2000 or 2001's is that true?

Also, in regards to sizing, Evisu's are known to come smaller then tagged, but how bad is the stretching. I have 2 pairs of samurai's and those I wear a 31 in, which would be appropriate in the evisu 2000's or 2001's?

Thanks for the help, also anyone know where to find some with gulls besides BIG?

im really underwhelmed by the fading of the no13 denim. well... everything heritage ive had actually.... gave away the nakame jeans because i just didnt like em anymore... the denim just seems so flat and boring compared to everything else i have now. new, they are great, but the denim loses character when it fades.

Really? Those No. 13' looked pretty damn good last time you posted them; plus they held up pretty damn well considering the abuse they took (aside from the crotch blowouts).

I've yet to see a pair of Heritage jeans that compare to some of the worn MIJ Evisu, or certain other brands

Those Heritage No. 1's on the blog were pretty excellent, but I wish there were more examples of faded heritage denim.

no point in breaking in jeans and then moving on the moment they've actually got some character to them...

QFT.

I find it quite strange that, some people retire their jeans after achieving some decent natural fades/distressed.

Anyway, my D85 is starting to feel and looke a bit grimy especially after the recent heatwave in England. Prob gonna hold out until a work colleague have a quiet word with me.

Still no interesting fades to note of though.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what the DD+1 do to the 2000s individually, would be good if they were exact replicas of the original pair, with the paint and extra patch.

Yeah im wondering what it will be like. Im also thinking of getting my self some NO.1s too. Thats if nothing else gets sorted out. Also i want to buy like a ton of different stuff right now inc a DSLR and i havent got the cash for everything.

What about your jacket you never talked about that after the post office thing.

How long u been wearing them?

About 3 times a week for the last 10months. And before that every now and then. So that equates to about maybe 5months of actual (light) wear.

Yeah I know it's what you do in em, rather than how long...

But in comparison to my samurai's these are slow burners

QFT.

I find it quite strange that, some people retire their jeans after achieving some decent natural fades/distressed.

Yeah, seems daft, especially as the the fades continue evolving long beyond the magic six month/one year/whatever mark...they're built to last, as we all know, so keep on wearing the fuckers!

What about your jacket you never talked about that after the post office thing.

I got it, but think it's a bit too short for me, I really need to get some pics up so y'all can have a gander and give me your tuppence worth...I'll try and speak to you this evening, if I get a chance - been one hell of a weekend and it's not over yet!

...quick update :

Just washed my deluxe, I could smell myself today so decision made to bring a little freshness into those deluxe heavyweights.

There is def some visible wear now and the variation in the fabric due to the slubbiness is rather grand.

Pics to follow, some shrinkage too they were a bitch to button up after coming out the washing machine but I had to try and get some shape into them while on the line.

cheep, its interesting that you said that the heritage denims fade in an 'underwhelming' way as opposed to the other jeans you've worn, since i know you've ran through your fair share of fine denim. i don't like how some companies have a lot of different denims and lines , but they aren't all the same quality. to me its better to offer less variety if the quality-control suffers.

Hes changed the buy it now price from £80 to £130. Dont buy them now. At £80 i would live with the screen printed guls and cut red tabs but at this price its not worth it.

ok guys!!

went to evisu today on savile row just having a look, nothing really great on the sale, or nothing that interested me.

was mainly looking at the japanese evisu stock they had, nothing in my stlye or size. they had loads of evisu paris stuff. got speaking to that blonde german lady?? she was cool showed me the new collection talked about japan evisu, asked her about the ceo's new stuff, she was shocked that i knew

also asked her if i could send my deluxe in, her reply was no problem just call and tell them what i want. oh yeah japan no2 was 350 pounds!!!!!

Is the stuff on sale same as what's on the website?

More than likely. Speaking of which, I'm still hoping that someone picks up a pair of No.1's from international site. They're on sale for £92, which is about $150.

she was cool showed me the new collection talked about japan evisu, asked her about the ceo's new stuff, she was shocked that i knew

Hear anything interesting?