Evisu is still loved!

benzak

World class smile pic CTB!

You're making me cringe again already :o

2001s are back in the wash, as the faded double-gull effect needs to be sorted...

I'm intrigued by how resilient the denim/indigo of the 2101s is...they've had some decent wear and yet there's not much sign of anything...I'm not sure this is due to them being LHT, as a pair of Lee 101Zs that I started wearing around the same time have already got fades appearing...

You're making me cringe again already :o

2001s are back in the wash, as the faded double-gull effect needs to be sorted...

I'm intrigued by how resilient the denim/indigo of the 2101s is...they've had some decent wear and yet there's not much sign of anything...I'm not sure this is due to them being LHT, as a pair of Lee 101Zs that I started wearing around the same time have already got fades appearing...

Does indigo dye settle deeper or change any after sitting for such a long period of time? Wondered if this could be a factor?:confused:

Does indigo dye settle deeper or change any after sitting for such a long period of time? Wondered if this could be a factor?:confused:

I wouldn't have thought so, although I'm no expert...If anything, I'd have guessed that it might have become easier to fade as the bond might loosen...the 101Zs I've been wearing are also deadstock (apparently from the early 90s) and these are fading ok...

I wouldn't have thought so, although I'm no expert...If anything, I'd have guessed that it might have become easier to fade as the bond might loosen...the 101Zs I've been wearing are also deadstock (apparently from the early 90s) and these are fading ok...

Yeah I'm no expert either. Maybe the type of indigo or how many dip's they did. All I know is if your wearing them hard and there are no signs I would get frustrated. I lack patience...sometimes!:cool:

There no reason why LHT indigo shoudl fade differently - although in practice old Levi's and Lee show very different wear patterns, most of it will be down to the dyeing.

The resilience of the indigo will be down to how deeply it has penetrated the surface of the cotton; this will depend on the strength of the indigo used, how many dips, and for how long. And of course the type of cotton will make a difference, too.

I think indigo is pretty chemically inert, so I don't think it partiuclarly settles or changes over time, except through fading via UV (to which it's more resilient than many dyes).

Edit: Normally, over time, molecules oxidise (iron rusts), but indigo has already oxidised, turning blue as it did so. I do think there might be change over time (Warehouse claim they use a distinct oxidisation process which replicates the look of a deadstock jean) but i don't think that a deadstock jean will lose noticeably more/less indigo than a new pair.

There no reason why LHT indigo shoudl fade differently - although in practice old Levi's and Lee show very different wear patterns, most of it will be down to the dyeing.

The resilience of the indigo will be down to how deeply it has penetrated the surface of the cotton; this will depend on the strength of the indigo used, how many dips, and for how long. And of course the type of cotton will make a difference, too.

I think indigo is pretty chemically inert, so I don't think it partiuclarly settles or changes over time, except through fading via UV (to which it's more resilient than many dyes).

The Great Pual T has spoken! :D Thanks for you knowledge as always!

I'm still trying to understand the claim that LHT wears down more softly.

Thanks guys!

I don't mean to be so graceless, Crash. Catching up with the thread, didn't see that you had posted. I've been wearing them very little actually, mostly while traveling cos of their comfort. They'll get their share of wear though!

Yeah, those have a nice, vintage style cut. I wonder how the new No.1 STF' would look in comparison.

Well, LHT is, all things being equal, softer to the touch. I think on my Lees that equates to a less contrasty wear pattern, but of course there will be other factors, too. I don't think there's a consensus on how Sanforization affects the wear pattern, again I would guess it makes some difference, however marginal.

CTB,

Can you take a close up/macro pic of the gull.

From what I can gather, the new paint sat on the reminants of the old - hence the weirdness?

I suppose the new paint needs to attach itself to the denim, in order for it "look normal".

Just my speculation...

^I had the same thought Set!

Crash,

I've known Evisu to have the most softest conditioned patches on denim. My other jean patches are brittle and hard. Take a Macro pic of the patch as well. Is it still soft and did you do anything to it?

I've not been wearing my yellow paint gulls much.

However the paint has some cracking, and the indigo warps are slightly poking through. So in close up the yellow gulls kinda look like they got bluey grey stripes going across them.

Now then!

Funny you both mention close-up pics of the gulls and patch, as I'd decided on the way home to take some detail pics of 2001 after I'd been sitting on my fat arse in them for what's been a very long day...

They're not the best (I need to sort out my camera situation pronto, as I refuse to believe that the poor quality could be anything to do with me... (!)), but see what you think. I'd come to the same conclusion about the gulls, with them not sitting happily on the old paint. Now that they've rubbed off some, you can even see a hint of the original red that was there when I first started wearing them...

dscf2353r.jpg

dscf2342p.jpg

As for the patch, it gets a coating of beeswax whenever I remember, which isn't actually that often:

dscf2346stl.jpg

Little bit of roping pr0n:

dscf2349.jpg

And a complimentary fit pic or two of the 2000s, cunningly cropped:

dscf2358.jpg

dscf2359o.jpg

^I had the same thought Set!

Crash,

I've known Evisu to have the most softest conditioned patches on denim. My other jean patches are brittle and hard. Take a Macro pic of the patch as well. Is it still soft and did you do anything to it?

My patch is still really soft and looking really good. Might take a picture if i bother in abit. I have never done anything to them. Had at least 5 washes i think.

Edit: Large images dint think to resize.

dscf4341.th.jpg

dscf4342.th.jpg

To answer your question, Crash, my 0005's are still on ice, awaiting a crotch repair and more wear. Here are some pics of them, in stasis at three weeks' wear.

Decent front for the timeframe, but the back is practically blank. On the upside, these are cardboard-flat from their wash, so the hints of combs are actually light fades rather than shadows of the structure.

evisu0005f.jpgevisu0005b.jpg

Do you have any grungy greencaste popping out anywhere, Crash? Can't really see it in any of our pics, but these seem to gain an incredible amount of character.

Yeah, heflys, but the damage isn't terrible. Pretty much threads loosening -- the fabric is fully intact. I think they're just too small. Looking at pics of people who can wear the cut in a fuller size makes me wish I'd gone one larger.

Do you have any grungy greencaste popping out anywhere, Crash? Can't really see it in any of our pics, but these seem to gain an incredible amount of character.

Yeah, the pics don't do the denim justice...

dscf2205r.jpg

They have a real unique look to them when worn, I really enjoy wearing these are they're something a little different, and the denim itself is a rarity - you won't find much in the way of broken twill selvage denim, and not in this colour...

This is why I jumped on them when I got the chance, as they're something totally different...

I recall something from the blog about the brown box, like they were available in another cut, 0000 or 0001 I believe. I've never seen a pair for sale, so maybe it never came to pass. But that would be quite a score. I'd probably abandon my plans for next year if I had a pair of those.

Yeah, that was discussed on a thread here too, I found it when I started on here and read through a whole heap of old stuff to get up to speed.

I'm not sure if they were ever actually released, but like you say they'd be quite a result if you ever got hold of a deadstock pair. Might be worthwhile chasing up with Evisu...

The only problem you'd have is that they'd be a fucker to fade if they had a looser silhouette...

these don't compare with yours or jyoni's Crash ...

dvivb4.jpg

29crrsl.jpg

here's my Hotel Fans after 3 months of occasional wear - the photos don't show it but there are really nice turquoise-green areas just begining to appear.

they're still raw and it'll take some time to make much difference to them as they fit pretty loose on me.