Got scammed by SF member: starvinglawstudent for a Supreme backpack!

JDM

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the reason why the return process is taking so long is that the product was sent with insurance, but not tracking. i requested JDM to send a letter confirming non-recipet before returning the money. if i return the money and i do not have a letter stating the item was not recieved i cannot collect the insurance. i believe that what i am asking for is not completely out of the question. and i have answered his emails. i understand JDM's plight, but what he says is false. i have records all of our email correspondances and have proof of what i have said above.

--- Original message by starvinglawstudent on Mar 1, 2006 07:50 PM

Yeah and if you had paid the extra $ to ship it via UPS or FedEx, we wouldn't be having this problem. But YOU decided to ship it USPS.

And what you dont understand is, if I send you a letter, what guarantee is there that you will give me my money back? Am I supposed to trust you after this?

Edited by JDM on Mar 1, 2006 at 09:27 PM

--- Original message by JDM on Mar 1, 2006 09:27 PM

DUDE IF U COULD SAVE MONEY ON SENDING USPS, I WOULD TOO, WHY WOULD I WASTE MY MONEY ON SENDING SOMEONE A PACK?

--- Original message by 6MT on Mar 2, 2006 01:38 AM

DUDE, ARE YOU A MORON? YOU CAN SAVE MONEY ALOT OF WAYS, BUT SOMETIMES THE CHEAPEST METHOD ISN'T THE BEST WAY TO GO

Dude, have you sent a letter confirming non-receipt yet? Assuming that this is a USPS error (which I suspect since minya says he's good people), if he refunds you without the letter, he has no guarantee you'll ever send him the letter, leaving him out of pocket. He's stated clearly he will refund as soon as you send a letter. You don't really have anything to lose, just send out the letter, if you get a refund then it's all good, if you don't you're in the same position you're in now

Just a thought

Quote:

Dude, have you sent a letter confirming non-receipt yet? Assuming that this is a USPS error (which I suspect since minya says he's good people), if he refunds you without the letter, he has no guarantee you'll ever send him the letter, leaving him out of pocket. He's stated clearly he will refund as soon as you send a letter. You don't really have anything to lose, just send out the letter, if you get a refund then it's all good, if you don't you're in the same position you're in now

Just a thought

--- Original message by Spike on Mar 2, 2006 12:55 PM

I don't care if he stated that he is going to give me a refund after I send a letter. Thats not how business works, you don't take payment from someone and then ship out the product and then when it never arrives, you expect them to write a letter to you before you refund the money? thats bad business. You refund the money first.

I mean its been 22 days since he mailed out the Backpack. Which came from Northern California to Atlanta, GA. What if the letter I send out to him takes 22 days to get to him? Am I supposed to wait 22 days for my refund? FUCK THAT

I also clearly stated I would send him a letter stating that I never recieved the bag, after I got my refund. Which he still hasn't given me. I have no gaurantee that I will even get my money back, the letter he so dearly wants is the only leverage I have. So until I get my money back, I wont be sending him a letter.

stamps are .39cents these days, you think he would offer to pay for that also, but no...

JDM, I was sympathetic at first and appreciate your putting out a warning, but now it seems like you're more interested in complaining than in resolving the problem.

Is it that big a deal to send the letter?

If you return an item to a store, they will ask for a receipt before they will give you your money back. Have you tried telling a store to give you your money first, then you will produce the receipt? Not quite the same thing, but I think you're making a stand on the wrong issue here.

If you send him the letter - and I recommend you send it certified mail, with signature required - and he does not promptly refund your money, then I think it's fair to go after him with all legal means, including negative feedback, but from the available evidence, you are not making a good faith effort at resolution.

Good luck, I hope you guys work it out.

[/pretending to be legal counsel]

ask a cassowary

Quote:

JDM, I was sympathetic at first and appreciate your putting out a warning, but now it seems like you're more interested in complaining than in resolving the problem.

If you return an item to a store, they will ask for a receipt before they will give you your money back. Have you tried telling a store to give you your money first, then you will produce the receipt? Not quite the same thing, but I think you're making a stand on the wrong issue here.

If you send him the letter - and I recommend you send it certified mail, with signature required - and he does not promptly refund your money, then I think it's fair to go after him with all legal means, including negative feedback, but from the available evidence, you are not making a good faith effort at resolution.

--- Original message by tangerine on Mar 2, 2006 02:59 PM

word

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Quote:

--- Original message by tangerine on Mar 2, 2006 02:59 PM

He emailed me 4 days ago saying to send a letter and he will refund my money after that. I replied and said, no you should refund me first, and then I will send a letter, thats fair. He wrote back, "You are right, I will give you your money back, etc...."

I dont see what the deal is.

You are suggesting I should pay out of my pocket to send this letter via ceritifed mail and with signature required? thats almost 8-10 dollars right there, why should I have to pay out of my pocket to send this guy a letter? If I had ordered something from a online store and wanted to return it, they would pay for the return shipping, right?

So yeah, it is a big deal, for me to spend my time and money, so that I can help this guy out with his insurance claim. Because I am sitting here out $144.20, and this guy has such a issue with refunding my money. I just don't see why I should send a letter out first and sit here and hope this guys gives me my money back. Sorry, but I dont trust him at all to warrant this kind of faith

I mean, he obviously doesn't want to refund my money. He emailed me three days ago saying he was going to refund me, but he still hasn't. It takes all of 2 minutes to go to Paypal and refund my money.

And I didn't purchase this through eBay, I contacted him directly, I already filed a dispute with Paypal and he hasn't even gone online to enter in the tracking/shipping information to Paypal.

And sorry if you think I am complaning, I would have never made this thread if he had refunded my money like I asked him to

Quote: f I had ordered something from a online store and wanted to return it, they would pay for the return shipping, right?

No, as far as i know, Yoox.com is the only site that does that (i'm sure there's more, just i don't know others). when you return an item you bought online, you're responsible for the return shipping.

JDM, what you seem to be forgetting is that while you're sitting $144 down at the moment, if he refunds and never gets that letter, he's sitting $144 AND a backpack down = $288 overall. If you're not willing to trust him to refund when he gets that letter (which I see no reason why you're being so uptight about sending), why on earth should he trust you to send that letter? From the way you've been acting, I really wouldn't be surprised if you just jet as soon as you get the refund

Also, you're seriously impatient - have you ever considered that maybe at this moment in time he doesn't have those funds in his paypal? I mean, if someone bought something from me and I sent it out insured, I wouldn't wait until finding out whether it's been delivered before spending it. I have no idea what communications the two of you are having through e-mail, and maybe your argument would have more weight if you posted actual e-mail extracts instead of all this he-says she-says

Quote:

JDM, what you seem to be forgetting is that while you're sitting $144 down at the moment, if he refunds and never gets that letter, he's sitting $144 AND a backpack down = $288 overall. If you're not willing to trust him to refund when he gets that letter (which I see no reason why you're being so uptight about sending), why on earth should he trust you to send that letter? From the way you've been acting, I really wouldn't be surprised if you just jet as soon as you get the refund

Also, you're seriously impatient - have you ever considered that maybe at this moment in time he doesn't have those funds in his paypal? I mean, if someone bought something from me and I sent it out insured, I wouldn't wait until finding out whether it's been delivered before spending it. I have no idea what communications the two of you are having through e-mail, and maybe your argument would have more weight if you posted actual e-mail extracts instead of all this he-says she-says

--- Original message by Spike on Mar 3, 2006 01:23 AM

here is a email I got from him 6 days after the I paid for the item

Feb. 15th

Hey *****,

No I do not have tracking. Actually my mother was the one who shipped it. She purchased insurance, so don't sweat. If the package is indeed lost the postal service is somehow able to track it with the insurance ID. Sorry it is taking so long, but I do believe it was shipped last thursday.

-pete

p.s. are you on SF a lot? What do you post under?

Feb. 20th

Ok, if it does not come in by tomorrow I will check tuesday and request a trace.

exchanged a few more emails

here is my reply

feb. 22nd

still haven't recieved it...please let me know what USPS said

Feb 22nd

"shipped it USPS regular mail. A trace has been placed on it. If it is lost I will need a letter from you stating that you did not recieve the product in order to claim the insurance.

Once the letter is recieved I will refund your money. Or I can give you a gray bag. It is not used and brand new. That is just an option. I would like to keep the gray and return your money. Sorry for the trouble, but I am trying to do what I can."

and he has yet to tell me what USPS has said. I mean he said he can "trace" the item, but then why won't he tell me what they said?

Feb. 27th

from him:

Please send a letter stating that the product was not recieved. Once I get the letter I will refund the money via paypal. I wish this could have worked out. I am really sorry.

Feb27th

from me:

No, you refund my money now. I will send your letter the first chance I get. But I deserve my money back first.

Feb.28th

from him:

You are right. I will return your money. Let me put money in the bank and make the transfer. Please send the letter after recieving the money.

still no refund. Most of the time, when a package is sent out and it doesn not reach its destination, it sits a Post Office for 3 days, then they ship it back to the sender. So he should have gotten the bag back by now, or he never sent the bag out in the first place.

I mean if USPS can track it via there Insurance Trace, he should be able to tell me where it is. Right?

Quote:

and why is everyone telling me that I should trust him?

sorry, but I really don't give a shit how much he money he "might" be out of. cause as of right now, I am the one that is out $144.20 and not him.

I already filed a dispute with Paypal and even if I win in that favor, and he has the funds emptied from his Paypal account, I get ZERO back.

And then I have to call AMEX and do a chargeback that way. Which means more headaches for me...oh but I should trust this guy right? because he said he would refund me.

Yeah ok!

I've read his posts on this site, dude drives a 2002 Audi A4, is going to Law School, has a bunch of nice watches he is selling

but he can't seem to refund the $144.20 he stole from me

so sorry if some of you think I am being difficult.

Quote:

Actually thats some pretty wack math, Spike. He`s only a backpack down because he got the $144 from JDM before he sent the backpack...It` s not $288 overall!

Quote:
Quote:

Actually thats some pretty wack math, Spike. He`s only a backpack down because he got the $144 from JDM before he sent the backpack...It` s not $288 overall!

--- Original message by MilSpex on Mar 4, 2006 07:00 PM

what he meant is that if he give back the money without getting a letter saying the bag didn't arrive, then he'll be 288$ down (price of backpack +refund).

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

what he meant is that if he give back the money without getting a letter saying the bag didn't arrive, then he'll be 288$ down (price of backpack +refund).

--- Original message by Kasper on Mar 4, 2006 10:47 PM

Nope, the equation would be Original Payment by JDM (+$144 )- Price of Backpack (-$144) -Refund for payment(-$144) = -$144. $144 down, not $288. See where Im comin from?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the reason why the return process is taking so long is that the product was sent with insurance, but not tracking. i requested JDM to send a letter confirming non-recipet before returning the money. if i return the money and i do not have a letter stating the item was not recieved i cannot collect the insurance. i believe that what i am asking for is not completely out of the question. and i have answered his emails. i understand JDM's plight, but what he says is false. i have records all of our email correspondances and have proof of what i have said above.

--- Original message by starvinglawstudent on Mar 1, 2006 07:50 PM

Yeah and if you had paid the extra $ to ship it via UPS or FedEx, we wouldn't be having this problem. But YOU decided to ship it USPS.

And what you dont understand is, if I send you a letter, what guarantee is there that you will give me my money back? Am I supposed to trust you after this?

Edited by JDM on Mar 1, 2006 at 09:27 PM

--- Original message by JDM on Mar 1, 2006 09:27 PM

DUDE IF U COULD SAVE MONEY ON SENDING USPS, I WOULD TOO, WHY WOULD I WASTE MY MONEY ON SENDING SOMEONE A PACK?

--- Original message by 6MT on Mar 2, 2006 01:38 AM

DUDE, ARE YOU A MORON? YOU CAN SAVE MONEY ALOT OF WAYS, BUT SOMETIMES THE CHEAPEST METHOD ISN'T THE BEST WAY TO GO

--- Original message by JDM on Mar 2, 2006 10:33 AM

hey listen bitch, every one is trying to help you on this board, and if u dont apprecite other ppl's common u dont have to call ppl a moron. and since u did, i hope u sorry retarded ass wont ever get your money or your back pack....

u r prob. the sole reason why this is happening,

and plus the dude is travel out of contry next week tues. u prob wont hear from him again....u might as well send the letter and get it over with.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by Kasper on Mar 4, 2006 10:47 PM

Nope, the equation would be Original Payment by JDM (+$144 )- Price of Backpack (-$144) -Refund for payment(-$144) = -$144. $144 down, not $288. See where Im comin from?

--- Original message by MilSpex on Mar 4, 2006 11:50 PM

i'm a bit hungover so my head is kind of slow. guess i made quite a fool of myself there.

so I sent the letter out via regular snail mail two days ago, emailed him to tell him this

and I STILL don't have a refund

should have realized this was going to happen when he promised me a refund 6 days ago and I didn't get it then, why should I expect one now?

I guess AMEX will have a fun time with him

jdm it's seriously time to chill. sorry, but the bag is no longer his responsibility, it's USPS's, and unless you explicitly asked him to ship it any other way, you can't blame him for sending via USPS. that's the risk you take when you have anything shipped, and the only thing you can do to facilitate matters is send him the letter, which apparently you finally got around to, but should have sent the minute he asked you to.

Quote:

jdm it's seriously time to chill. sorry, but the bag is no longer his responsibility, it's USPS's, and unless you explicitly asked him to ship it any other way, you can't blame him for sending via USPS. that's the risk you take when you have anything shipped, and the only thing you can do to facilitate matters is send him the letter, which apparently you finally got around to, but should have sent the minute he asked you to.

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on Mar 6, 2006 03:56 PM

so I should just do whatever this guy asks? has it ever come up that maybe this guy is just pulling mail fraud?

I mean, I asked him 2 days after he supposedly shipped the item out, about tthe tracking information.

"he emails me and tells me not to worry, its insured and if there is a problem the insurance will take care of it."

sorry, but to me that sounds like he was planning on claiming it through the insurance all along. I mean, you're taking this guys side, when I am the one out $144 bucks and not him.

and my dispute with Paypal is still up and he STILL hasn't entered in tracking information. Which means, he obviously didn't send it out.

And if he already emptied his Paypal account, that means I get ZERO MONEY back.

I keep emailing him asking about my refund that he promised me 6 days ago in a email and I still dont get a reply

Edited by JDM on Mar 6, 2006 at 05:53 PM

Quote:

email was sent yesterday confirming that money would be returned. no one is assed out. i have email references stating what i am planning to do. JDM will get his money.

--- Original message by starvinglawstudent on Mar 1, 2006 07:43 PM

I mean, does nobody remember when "starvinglawstudent" posted this on March 1st?

Well it's been 5 days and I still haven't gotten a refund or tracking information through Paypal.

and honestly sorry about calling people name's and etc...I just get heated when I pay for something and don't get my money back or the item

so honestly sorry about all the cursing etc...

hey JDM, i understand your plight completely. i've been jacked for $260 for a couple pair of shoes before, and the seller disappeared. paypal wasn't able to get back a single cent.

whether or not starvinglawstudent indeed shipped the backpack we don't know... perhaps you can request for a receipt issued by USPS from him.

all you can do now is to wait... for him to get the refund from USPS (that's assuming he really shipped the stuff and USPS has lost it); or for paypal to do a chargeback (assuming he still has funds in paypal).

basically just chill now dude, no point ranting any more. you've done your part and can only hope that he's doing his.

by the way, although i'm not too familiar with USPS, but isn't there a really long number that they give you when you ship stuff with them? how come he doesn't have that?

die Kunst ist keine Wissenschaft

Just an FYI, the USPS sucks when it comes to tracking...my boy sent me a package via registered mail from Maryland...I wait..never get anything...I get the tracking# from him and it says that they attempted delivery at my place in TO and then returned to sender...no delivery to Post Office, no notice to say that they'd been, anything.

When I check the tracking number, all it says is that it's been returned to sender..meanwhile, there's no sign of it at my boy's place in Maryland...I can only hope it's at a post office there somewhere..

Quote:

Just an FYI, the USPS sucks when it comes to tracking...my boy sent me a package via registered mail from Maryland...I wait..never get anything...I get the tracking# from him and it says that they attempted delivery at my place in TO and then returned to sender...no delivery to Post Office, no notice to say that they'd been, anything.

When I check the tracking number, all it says is that it's been returned to sender..meanwhile, there's no sign of it at my boy's place in Maryland...I can only hope it's at a post office there somewhere..

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Mar 7, 2006 08:32 AM

the thing is, he won't even provide me with the tracking number or tell me what USPS said

icon_smile_sad.gif

If you paid through credit card, (even through Paypal) you should ask them to help you out. Your CC company will take care of things (Paypal is not good on Customoer service/complaints) and Paypal will have them to deal with, not little ol' you. I was out $700 for a suit that was never even commissioned (I asked the factory, and they eventually said that they'd not received the order from the guy, and that he owed them money besides). I phoned Mastercard, and everything was taken care of. Paypal sent me an email asking that they be contacted first next time, etc..., but I say, fuck'em.