Got scammed by SF member: starvinglawstudent for a Supreme backpack!

JDM

he advertised in this thread

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=8312

He is the last post in the thread.

He says he has a Supreme 19th backpack for sale, I sent him money via Paypal on Feb. 8 2006 and I still haven't gotten the backpack. I emailed him on multiple occasions about the tracking and I got no replies. All he keeps telling me is not to worry, it was insured. Which doesn't really help me if its insured or not, since the bag being insured has nothing to do with me.

I asked him for my money back last week, he asks me to send him a letter first stating I didn't recieve anything.

I tell him to refund my money first, because I deserve my money back first. I told him I would send the letter when I get the chance, but I deserve my money back first. That was 3 days ago and I still haven't gotten a reply through email

he said he sent "minya" a Supreme backpack and that should be enough to vouch for him, guess not...

icon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_sad.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

its been 20 days, fuck people are impatient. shit gets held up man

--- Original message by lyingonyourdriveway on Feb 28, 2006 01:42 PM

it shouldn't take regular mail 20 days to go from San Francisco to Atlanta. I mean, he won't even reply when I ask him what USPS said.

thats why i ship everything fedex....so much better, and if u ask usps, they won't know shit, maybe they hold up your batch of shipment because they thought there is something suspicious and due to home land security they get to wack the entire batch just to find nothing and waste our tax money. but i'm sure you will get your back pack....

I already filed a dispute with Paypal, I just want to know if he even sent the item out or not.

I am taking a trip to Bali next week and needed a backpack, but now I dont know if I should bid for one on eBay...I dont want to bid and then have his backpack come

icon_smile_dead.gif

Minya wrote:

Quote: Also, just a reminder:

Superfuture is NOT in ANY WAY responsible for transactions between its members. Buyer beware.

[censored] the [censored] up you [censored], Minya. The kid knows that [censored].

The point is the pack hasnt showed up after this long and its DOMESTIC. Id be worried personally. Also, whats with Starvinglawstudent not givin up the tracker? Maybe hes planning on scamming more of you on here with his hoods?

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Edited by MilSpex on Mar 1, 2006 at 07:16 AM

Edited by minya on Mar 1, 2006 at 10:10 AM

the reason why the return process is taking so long is that the product was sent with insurance, but not tracking. i requested JDM to send a letter confirming non-recipet before returning the money. if i return the money and i do not have a letter stating the item was not recieved i cannot collect the insurance. i believe that what i am asking for is not completely out of the question. and i have answered his emails. i understand JDM's plight, but what he says is false. i have records all of our email correspondances and have proof of what i have said above.

Quote:

email was sent yesterday confirming that money would be returned. no one is assed out. i have email references stating what i am planning to do. JDM will get his money.

--- Original message by starvinglawstudent on Mar 1, 2006 07:43 PM

yeah I did get a email saying that, and I see that I still haven't gotten a refund. doesn't take that long to hit send money at Paypal.com

Quote:

the reason why the return process is taking so long is that the product was sent with insurance, but not tracking. i requested JDM to send a letter confirming non-recipet before returning the money. if i return the money and i do not have a letter stating the item was not recieved i cannot collect the insurance. i believe that what i am asking for is not completely out of the question. and i have answered his emails. i understand JDM's plight, but what he says is false. i have records all of our email correspondances and have proof of what i have said above.

--- Original message by starvinglawstudent on Mar 1, 2006 07:50 PM

Yeah and if you had paid the extra $ to ship it via UPS or FedEx, we wouldn't be having this problem. But YOU decided to ship it USPS.

And what you dont understand is, if I send you a letter, what guarantee is there that you will give me my money back? Am I supposed to trust you after this?

Edited by JDM on Mar 1, 2006 at 09:27 PM

Quote:

yeah, THERE'S ONLY SUPREME BACKPACKS ALLOWED IN BALI. ANY BACKPACK FROM A STORE WOULD BE UNACCEPTABLE

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Mar 1, 2006 09:58 PM

maybe the guy likes his supreme? what problem do you have with people that like the shit DCTMFC? gotta be the best made and finished packs of the kind around, so why not go supreme? After I got my first supreme baggage I never went back to the gregory stuff I used to use.

Quote:

yeah, THERE'S ONLY SUPREME BACKPACKS ALLOWED IN BALI. ANY BACKPACK FROM A STORE WOULD BE UNACCEPTABLE

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Mar 1, 2006 09:58 PM

where did I say that?

sorry, I just wanted to purchase a backpack for a trip and sorry it just happend to be a Supreme backpack. I didnt know you were going to get this upset over a label

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah and if you had paid the extra $ to ship it via UPS or FedEx, we wouldn't be having this problem. But YOU decided to ship it USPS.

And what you dont understand is, if I send you a letter, what guarantee is there that you will give me my money back? Am I supposed to trust you after this?

--- Original message by JDM on Mar 1, 2006 09:27 PM

DUDE IF U COULD SAVE MONEY ON SENDING USPS, I WOULD TOO, WHY WOULD I WASTE MY MONEY ON SENDING SOMEONE A PACK?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by JDM on Mar 1, 2006 09:27 PM

DUDE IF U COULD SAVE MONEY ON SENDING USPS, I WOULD TOO, WHY WOULD I WASTE MY MONEY ON SENDING SOMEONE A PACK?

--- Original message by 6MT on Mar 2, 2006 01:38 AM

^^uh, I can think of one reason...to avoid THIS shit.