What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Today we had the day off and decided to go visit the Albuquerque "Bio-Park" which is basically the complex that houses the Botanical Garden, Aquarium and Zoo.

Before we left, Sarah (my GF) made us some Cinnamon Rolls with a Cream Cheese Glaze (from scratch of course!). Deeeeliciouss!

IMGP0001.jpg

IMGP0003.jpg

I put on my Warehouse 660s

Sarah put on her Naked & Famous Slim Girl Natural Indigos

Then we drove on down to the Bio-Park.

We only went to the Aquarium and Botanical Garden today. We will go to the Zoo soon, but we didn't have time to do all three.

We went in and navigated around all the school groups. Lots of kids. Reminded me of when I was a kid visiting various aquariums and zoos around the country when we were travelling. This aquarium is very small, but this is a very small city and it's in the middle of the desert.

(I will apologize now for the quality of some of these pictures, this camera is crap and I know I need a new one... I just haven't been willing to throw down the significant chunk of change for a DSLR)

The Sting Ray tank

IMGP0016.jpg

IMGP0015-1.jpg

They have brought in Seagulls to add to the authenticity. Poor seagulls.

IMGP0020.jpg

They have a really cool collection of Moray Eels. These eels are a very creepy animal Their skin reminds me of something between a slug and the skin of a wrinkly old lady.

IMGP0025.jpg

IMGP0026.jpg

They have several different types of Jellyfish. I love these things.

IMGP0039.jpg

IMGP0036.jpg

IMGP0042.jpg

CONTINUED>>>>

Then we came to the big fish tank. This is sort of the "Shark Tank" since it has sharks. Sarah is in love with sharks. She is like a little kid around them. I think she wants to be a marine biologist when she grows up... in addition to all the other things.

IMGP0054.jpg

IMGP0048.jpg

There were a few weird looking fish

IMGP0055.jpg

IMGP0064.jpg

IMGP0071.jpg

And some Sea Horses

IMGP0073.jpg

IMGP0075.jpg

We finished out at the Aquarium and went on to the Botanical Gardens.

Once we went in we found this "Kids Fantasy Garden" It's supposed to be like being an inch tall. I think this was our favourite part.

Sarah loves carrots!

IMGP0080.jpg

IMGP0081.jpg

I went Ant Riding at the Ant Rodeo!

IMGP0082.jpg

CONTINUED>>>>>>

Here are the obligatory WAYWT pics, taken in the Bamboo Garden area of the fantasy land. I think it was supposed to mimic grass.

IMGP0086.jpg

IMGP0090.jpg

We moved out of Fantasy Land and on to the "Spanish/Moorish Garden".

This area had a huge "hall" of vines. Some of them were Wisteria, but I'm not sure what the others were.

IMGP0093.jpg

We then went in the Desert and "Mediterranean" green houses.

IMGP0097.jpg

IMGP0100.jpg

IMGP0101.jpg

IMGP0105.jpg

I didn't get to take pictures, but they are setting up a bug exhibit.

Sarah held a giant tarantula, I held a huge African millipede.

We wandered for a while (So many sections... we didn't even take pictures of some of them at all.)

Here is a old style barn in the orchard/farm section. They grow heritage apples, or heirloom varieties. All the food from the farm section goes to feed the animals in the zoo! Very ecologically sound.

IMGP0108.jpg

IMGP0106.jpg

There was an herb area with a sculpture built into the wall. It was called a "healing garden" and the sculpture has to do with some healer... I'm not sure, I didn't write it down.

IMGP0109.jpg

Finally we drove off to a cafe that only serves breakfast/lunch (7am-4pm) tuesday-sunday. Most of it is organic and a lot of it is locally made. Excellent sandwiches, salads... good coffee, good wine and beer too! They also carry cookbooks, olive oils, candy and chocolates. It's called The Grove.

IMGP0110.jpg

IMGP0111.jpg

Sarah had a Latte:

IMGP0117.jpg

IMGP0113.jpg

I ate "The Beef", which is Roasted Sirloin, Caramelized Onion, Horseradish Creme Fraiche, Whole grain Mustard, Havarti, Arugula, Sourdough. Served with sweet pickes (made in house) and fresh fruit.

IMGP0115.jpg

IMGP0118.jpg

Sarah had the Farmers Salad: Mixed Greens, Golden Beets, Asparagus, Yellow Peppers, Tomato, Marcona Almonds, Goat Cheese, Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette.

IMGP0119.jpg

We finished with a Chocolate and Walnut Cookie with Sea Salt

IMGP0112.jpg

Once we were full from lunch we packed up and drove on back to Santa Fe. We've just done normal stuff tonight: Starting fires to keep warm and playing with Sam The Dog.

Now we're munching on pizza (Green Chile and Pepperoni & Hawaiian) and relaxing.

I hope all of you had a wonderful day.

Dear mooba,

a "lat" is a typo done hasty by almostnice.

just put a "s" between the "a" and the "t".

and stop sending me useless pms,please.

No matter how I try to be nice or ask politely when you say things I don't understand... you're generally a dick to me.

Why? I'm not really so sure... but I honestly don't think there is a good reason. I PM'd you to ask a couple simple questions: What did you mean by saying the pic was eipc and what was a "lat".

I can see now that your time here is tremendously valuable, and being bothered with that PM was probably terribly aggravating since it wasted valuable seconds of your time. I should have known you made a typo, silly me.

So perhaps from now on I'll just make the snide comments for you?

I'll say things like "Not Subtle Enough" when I wear too many "Approved" brands.

Then if I take any pictures of my face I'll say "Did you order new frames yet?" to remind myself that my glasses aren't up to your standard. On occasion I'll ask myself "What kind of frames would you recommend" in an effort to figure out what would look better... but quickly I'll find myself shooting back some comment about how I don't have time for such questions.

It's very simple really. I can do all the work for you and you can sit back and watch. That way, you can expend less effort and have more time for important matters, like taking pics of you posing with your vinyl collection (which is quite impressive BTW).

Meanwhile, I'll continue to be nice... because I don't want to be an asshole to you. Even though your style isn't mine, and despite the fact that you've been a repetitive cock towards me... well, I just don't see the point in being one back.

Just relax my friend.

I've got this all under control.

he isn´t always happy. he just seems to channel his aggression in neg rep. (he negged me for a waywt lately and commented with "good". that was very subtle btw, m00ba. not that i´d care too much.)

I did?

Oh shit!

That was totally an accident. I'm very sorry for that man, I didn't mean to do that at all. I remember typing "good", but I thought I was sending you positive rep. Is there any way to undo?

I don't like to neg rep people, I think I've only done it once or twice (and apparently once on accident). I'd much rather give positive feedback through rep, and any negative feedback through talking in the forum.

Once again, aztec, I am quite sorry about that.

m00ba: your e-persona is weird as fuck

I'm not sure how it's weird.

I'm just here for the clothing.

No agenda or anything.

I like to post pictures because I take a lot of pics when we go do stuff, so this thread suits me quite well.

I feel like if I know other people will be looking at what I'm doing with my spare time that I might do more interesting things.

I like to be nice here because I see so many people being mean, and it just seems silly.

If that makes for a weird e-persona, well... I guess that's something I'll have to deal with.