What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

looks nice imo...what brands are you selling btw?

fjallraven, oliver spencer, fred perry, ben sherman, penguin, soon to be 3sixteen and hillside, cheap mondays, filson and maybe soon to be aether (our parent company just picked them up to distribute. a few other i know i am forgetting.

I went for a walk around town. I was looking for old signs and such, nothing too exciting turned up. But, this guy asked me to take his picture. Normally I'd be scared, but then I remembered I am in Nebraska:

DSCN9106.jpgrock chalk indeed

DSCN9092.jpg pullin a Hank Hill, chilling in the alley.

WAYROYsDT - Big City Edition

I picked my daughter up from school at 3pm, which officially marked the start of Spring Break. As we got in the car, we decided to start celebrating with a last minute short trip to Salt Lake City.

imageijy.jpg

First stop, of course, is the leather shop :)

imagelnn.jpg

I had heard about a new brewery just a few blocks away, so I just had to make a stop. We must really be progressing in Utah when a microbrewery can sell full strength beer straight from the brewery.

imagenau.jpg

I also wanted to stop and snap a few photos of this building for one of my classes. To make a long geologic story short, it was built from a particular type of limestone that formed from oolites- essentially tiny pearls that are forming in Great Salt Lake today. It's also one of the finest examples of Neoclassical architecture in the city. It was the original Salt Lake City Public Library, then it housed a planetarium for many years. It underwent a 25 million dollar renovation and is now the flagship store for the jeweler that made the medals for the 2002 winter Olympics. Such a beautiful building.

imageebg.jpg

While waiting at the stoplight, I snapped this peculiar juxtaposition- a Ford Model A(?), under the Eagle Gate archway that was originally Brigham Young's front gate, with the state capitol in the background.

imagektv.jpg

Here's the old Union Pacific train station that is now part of an outdoor shopping mall.

imageycu.jpg

We stopped by the children's museum for a bit. There's a little wheel on the railing that turns this entire contraption via gears and belts.

imagexoy.jpg

This thing is fascinating to watch. It's one of those series of tracks and mechanisms with balls running along and bouncing through various contraptions.

imagezq.jpg

Last order of business was to pick up some slices from my favorite pizza shop in SLC. It's the closest thing to actual NY style pizza that I can get. So good.

imageznxk.jpg

My purchases for the day- two very nice single bends of 8/9oz leather from one of the oldest tanneries in Europe, and eight 22oz bottles of local beer.

imagedjal.jpg

All in all, a short but sweet trip with my little girl.

The weekly family dinner was last night.

We went to Arroyo Chop house for some steaks. Super good chop house since they have their own cattle ranch in Orange County, CA. They're one of the few restaurants that carry USDA PRIME PRIME (yea double prime) Beef. Ruth Chris has PRIME PRIME beef only sometimes, Arroyo chop house has it ALL the time.

They have super good prime rib (2.4 lbs) off the menu but it's available only on saturdays and fridays and you have to get there sorta early for dinner (they only make so much a night)

Anyways, on to the pictures:

ee101f13.jpg

Sat outside at a heated patio

ba0df72b.jpg

7f9a18ae.jpg

8ee72311.jpg

b60bf61a.jpg

The garlic bread is AMAZING!! Crunchy exterior, soft, buttery, garlicy inside...

ca6625d3.jpg

I ordered the Filet Mignon. I reaaaaally wanted the prime rib but they were sold out by 7:30 when i got there.

f5a77d1f.jpg

9cb30416.jpg

Had the vanilla souffle for dessert. Sorry i didn't get a picture before it got divided and devoured ;X

94ddb5f1.jpg

I assure you it tastes a heck of a lot better than it looks hahaha

yesterday we measured everything 5 times and nervously cut,, getting scarry now we have spent so much time on these cutting back into them is hard

front hatch, huge hole

hatch1.jpg

transition made from aviation ply laminated with fibre glass

hatch2.jpg

how it will sit once its all trimmed up and leveled

hatch3.jpg

measuring up the back hatch... much easier cause its almost flat here

hatch4.jpg

im always surprised when mr just trusts my measuring as engineers measure to the micro mm and pattern drafters/ sewers, give or take a mm who cares

hatch5.jpg

today we used a break in the weather to go out and weed our much neglected garden

hatch6.jpg

hatch7.jpg

of course sausage (pronounced so saggy) came out to inspect the clearance

hatch8o.jpg

then did what cats do in dirt

hatch9.jpg

then went off to catch mice in the neighbours overgrown lawn

hatch10.jpg

then it rained so we are back inside working on a wedding dress that we couldnt care less about

I went for a walk around town. I was looking for old signs and such, nothing too exciting turned up. But, this guy asked me to take his picture. Normally I'd be scared, but then I remembered I am in Nebraska:

DSCN9106.jpgrock chalk indeed

DSCN9092.jpg pullin a Hank Hill, chilling in the alley.

awesome shot!

Went to yuan ming yuan yesterday. It is this huge ass park where back in the day all the white folk thought it was nice and ruin history.

We were met by this lovely thing

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

This guy was blowing animals out of candy

IMG_0998.jpg

Carvings in a small rice piece. This one had pig written on it.

IMG_1001.jpg

Even statues need a smoke in China

IMG_1011.jpg

The lake in the park. It is huge

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

This was probably the only intact building. It has a maze surrounding it.

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

^ The maze.

...had a busy week last week, but in between meetings checked out these beautiful jackets.

belstaff-1.jpg

THey're at a store called the Vintage showoom - I've found them really helpful people in the past, altho I found them in a crabby mood today. I asked if I could shoot a couple of things; they permitted me one. These days so many vintage shops are paranoid designers will copy their wares - counterproductive, often a repro or tribute makes the original more valuable. It's a Barbour international on the left - on the rigtht is a 60s Belstaff Sammy Miller, priced at £550.

For the rest of the day I was in this building:

Broadcastinghouse.jpg

Being resplendent in denim, doing this:

SeanKeaveny.jpg

More info over on the Roy contest thread

THey're at a store called the Vintage showoom - I've found them really helpful people in the past, altho I found them in a crabby mood today.

Tell me about it!! I find them ALL completely rude stuck up yuppies, looked at me like a piece of shit when I asked to try on that type 2 jacket in your pic,"Do you even know what that is mate?" little do they know that I own one!

Completely paranoid about pictures.. have also asked to look round the showroom on two occasions. "Sorry, No"

and they wonder why they have to stand in the cold on portobello market on a friday trying to flog their stuff with no buyers.

Need to get a grip! Such a shame really as they have a lot of good stuff-at stupid prices mind.

Tell me about it!! I find them ALL completely rude stuck up yuppies, looked at me like a piece of shit when I asked to try on that type 2 jacket in your pic,"Do you even know what that is mate?" little do they know that I own one!

Did they actually say that? Shame on them.

I have to add a caveat that on my last visit, they were charming and I liked them a lot. I can also understand that rents and rates are high in Covent Garden. But £65 for a Tootal scarf?

Their problem is that only the knowledgeable will recognise their product. But the same person will also know where to get it at a reasonable price. So, if your prices are high, you need to have a consistent, pleasant attitude. I worked in a shop for some years, enjoyed it, and simply don't see why people are so crabby. If you're a control freak, simply insist that people credit you or give the shop number - why would any sensible person want to avoid free publicity?

They are just too cool for school paul!

I recon they are far too used to design teams salivating over their stuff with corporate amex cards thinking that normal people will pay the same...that Levi's type 2 has been in that shop for well over 12 months at £550 I paid £120 for mine!!

Thanks for sharing your last couple of days interesting about soho didnt know that, In december I camped out over night on Berwick street for the latest Banksy print release (Art is another interest of mine) which was an interesting experience to say the least! watching all the punters going in and out of the numerous brothels!

Had a little show this past Friday...:)

5503837594_81f81d29ef_z.jpg

5503838090_459f5fe623_z.jpg

I arrived a bit early, snapped a fit pic. (no i didn't carry my camera around during the show...)

5503246815_487e1bb9e5_z.jpg

work is up until May 31st...

I'm back from my first tattoo session: it was a pleasure. No pain at all, my ideas were perfectly realised and it was made by lovely Lilly from Hungary, not by a bearded trucker. I decided not to go for the little pink butterfly on my hip (this time).

sany2110.jpg

sany2113.jpg

The studio...

sany2115.jpg

Lilly and me

sany2122.jpg

The result

Congrats -Z-! Glad the show went well!

And Max - awesome seaside shots and tat! Looking forward to more pics when it's healed! Must spread for you both...

We had solid rain for two days, and it seemed almost springlike. But then it snowed liked crazy all night Saturday into Sunday, and we woke up to more winter. It was lovely (if freezing) so my Roys & I went out to take some pics...

9fc3125d.jpg

50fb217e.jpg

2b7b0443.jpg

cbeadf87.jpg

7f84ccc4.jpg

1b0abc3b.jpg

af1efb0b.jpg

Lovely shots, Z, riff, and nice tat.

I posted photos from my coastal trip here and on the ROY thread - some photos were missing, of Hastings, and I just found 'em.

Lots of british coastal towns have lost their heart, now the fishing industry is in decline. Hastings is still hanging on. It has a lot of small boats, launched over the beach, a custom which has died out almost everywhere else...

hastings.jpg

boaty.jpg

Isn't it everyone's dream to own a boat?

boats.jpg

Hastings has unique sail lofts, made tall because land was at a premium - these are about the height of a two story building, with the inevitable seagulls using them as a perch.

seagulls.jpg

Finally, a tiny fisherman's hut, made from the remains of an old vessel. Gives you the feel of the whole town, squashed into a confined bay.

huty.jpg