video games ruined my life

DüM

preorder didn't show up, got £10 voucher for my pain

I don't know how but I've been absolutely dominating in BF3 this past week. Got my K/D up to 1.7 tonight. If anyone in here plays BF3 on PC add me. [f50fan]

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655240982566431/

join teh platoon, boomshakalaka

Edited by Magnetic

Skyrim is great so far, got a little bit theft happy though early on (as I wasn't getting caught) and some little bitch sent 3 thugs to axe clap me. Took me about 10 goes to kill them without getting merked myself. And picking locks is a crime, despite there being no warning coming up on screen. Got all my loot taken by a guard :(

Skyrim is great so far, got a little bit theft happy though early on (as I wasn't getting caught) and some little bitch sent 3 thugs to axe clap me. Took me about 10 goes to kill them without getting merked myself. And picking locks is a crime, despite there being no warning coming up on screen. Got all my loot taken by a guard :(

same thing happened to me this morning hah. that bitch is cold. and she's like what, 8?

and putting buckets/pots/baskets on people's heads works great for getting away with stealing cause it makes you "hidden"

got invited to the beta for star wars too. not even interested, to be honest. this is the second time an invite has come around and i couldn't care less.

also got invited to the beta of this little indie game called linkrealms. it's being developed by 3 people and supposed to be a lot like ultima online. isometric ghetto diablo-style graphics but an MMO.

Edited by Rob060

got invited to the beta for star wars too. not even interested, to be honest. this is the second time an invite has come around and i couldn't care less.

also got invited to the beta of this little indie game called linkrealms. it's being developed by 3 people and supposed to be a lot like ultima online. isometric ghetto diablo-style graphics but an MMO.

be careful where you tell people this, man...interest is not at super hype levels for me either but a free chance to try out the next bioware project, period, is blasphemy. Was it just the weekend thing or the actual beta? They're coming up on the pre-release build any day now I think, shit is barely a month away!!

be careful where you tell people this, man...interest is not at super hype levels for me either but a free chance to try out the next bioware project, period, is blasphemy. Was it just the weekend thing or the actual beta? They're coming up on the pre-release build any day now I think, shit is barely a month away!!

i played the other knights of the old republic games and i've been checking up on the development here and there and it just doesn't interest me. not fond of the art style and it's going to be a theme park mmo, holding your hand everywhere you go. the only pvp will probably be in battlegrounds that they try to reword and come up with half-assed lore to make it sound like it isn't just a team deathmatch arena with lightsabers. and i don't like the idea of over 50-75% of the game being jedi/sith characters even if it's supposed to take place in a time period where they were more abundant.

i already play eve online for my space/sci-fi mmo fix. i prefer the sandbox aspect of it and how brutal and unforgiving it is.

Edited by Rob060

cool but

reminds me a lot like D3...and bits of vindictus..

edit:

Regarding MMORPG, is there any franchise beside WW worth following and has a good player base?

I am wondering if there is a MMORPG that I can play 1,2,3,4....etc years from now without missing say the storyline, updates, etc etc. Seems like only WW offers that or am I missing something?

Edited by gettoasty

cool but

reminds me a lot like D3...and bits of vindictus..

edit:

Regarding MMORPG, is there any franchise beside WW worth following and has a good player base?

I am wondering if there is a MMORPG that I can play 1,2,3,4....etc years from now without missing say the storyline, updates, etc etc. Seems like only WW offers that or am I missing something?

what's ww? world of warcraft?

i've had an eve online account since 2007. took a 1-2 year break and picked it up again no problem. it's been around since 2003 and isn't going anywhere any time soon. expansions are also free and you can pay your monthly fee with in game money. you have to really like sci-fi/space and flying spaceships, though because that's all you do and it's more simulation than action based. it's a sandbox game and there's no storyline, just lore and back story to set the stage for the game pretty much. you decide what you want to do. it's pretty hard to get into at first because there is no level system, you just train skills and it takes a while to get a lot of skills to be able to fly ships well. everyone's on one server and there are as many as 30,000-60,000 people online at a time.

Edited by Rob060

Yeah I would have to agree that you're right about why not to be excited for the game as an mmo rob0 as yeah you're looking at a super linear experience no matter what if it's a major release trying to exist in 2011 post-WoW-launch universe. BUT the same studio that brought us kotor + the exact same setting (supposedly) is sweet and if I can resist watching fucking clone wars on CN even though vague sci-fi and sith/jedi twinges get me wanting to marathon a kid's show, I figure this is a decent chance at getting that sort of payoff. I only loved WoW for the pvp and being an early adopter and growing up with WC:3's lore, so if they even halfway get the pvp and recapture KOTOR's universe, they've succeeded imo.

EVE's pvp seems badass but that's going to be hard to get into for sure. accessibility isn't lauded for nothing, after all, and people will hopefully give swtor a good chance - really hoping that people keep this game at its critical mass like EVE's community has done for it, even if it's kinda bleh at first.

Rub it all over my body!

so a mmorpg with 3 different classes that basically don't look all that unique and have skills that are copied from various games and genres. the only seemingly innovative thing is the drag skill attack (or w/e it's called) and that is basically taken from black & white

the whole exchange between the sorceress and the evil dude was pretty funny though :D

"no you are wasting your talent" (zomg what a gripping and well put comeback)

"insolent pup!" (i am really hurt by this insult)

though that really made me want to play D2

Edited by redX