video games ruined my life

DüM

Big Boss vs The Flamin' Moby Dick Brigade

2v26s08.jpg

just need to know how this is related to Ground Zeroes

double edit, quoted from GAF

My guess right now is that Solid Snake relives the memories of Big Boss (and others, indirectly), through the use of some database/tech. The weird sounds in both trailers when strong lights are present, or the orange vertical floating bars in the first trailer when looking at computer screens, both indicate to me that the "viewer" is disconnecting/waking up under certain circumstances.

edit: The whole Moby Dick thing is just an experiment to see if people would react differently if they thought it wasn't a game made in Japan, or a joke against Japanese studios who keep trying to make new IPs with Western studios.

Kojima got me all giddy

Edited by wrong_move

Playing Anno Domini on Mount and Blade Warband. Hey speaking of, anyone playing Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars? Picture very related Line-Infantry.jpg

i really loved mount and blade warband. the combat system is the best i've ever seen. it was so deep and skill dependent. i used to play multiplayer on servers where we'd just pick 2-handed swords, no armor and duel 1 on 1. the people that were really good were awesome to watch.

i really wish they'd incorporate that combat into a sandbox mmo or something. something like DayZ and mount and blade put together. that'd be pretty sweet. i never played fire and sword or anything after that. seemed like going into later time periods with guns and such kind of strayed away from what made the series so good.

kinda tempted to install the game again. i never really got too far into the single player where i controlled land with a huge host. i was more of a bandit.

Edited by Rob060

i really loved mount and blade warband. the combat system is the best i've ever seen. it was so deep and skill dependent. i used to play multiplayer on servers where we'd just pick 2-handed swords, no armor and duel 1 on 1. the people that were really good were awesome to watch.

i really wish they'd incorporate that combat into a sandbox mmo or something. something like DayZ and mount and blade put together. that'd be pretty sweet. i never played fire and sword or anything after that. seemed like going into later time periods with guns and such kind of strayed away from what made the series so good.

kinda tempted to install the game again. i never really got too far into the single player where i controlled land with a huge host. i was more of a bandit.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/persistent-world-mod

this might kind of solve your conundrum. It's pretty fun. Hey, the Civil War mod which is free and picking up steam, send me a PM if you wanna join a regiment and kick some Confederate ass. Linebattles and sieges with hundreds of players from different regiments are hosted every few days.

• 2 weeks later...

steam sales in effect, whats everyone picking up?

I bought Borderlands 2. Buy Red Orchestra 2 if it goes on sale for the most immersive FPS of recent memory. Nothing quite like being pinned in an artillery crater while Soviet soldiers around you shout insults in Russian.

oh and guys, check the humble bundle out http://www.humblebundle.com/

i really hate 'gamer' designated hardware. ugliest sector of trash that somehow commands a higher price.

dweebs love lights

I was thinking of starting a thread for keyboards, as it's something I thnk appeals to the sufu way, don't think there's enough interest though.

How are you liking the black switches, w_m? in terms of linear action I think you prob should have gone for reds tbh.

Get ready to obsess over keycap customisation; I recently finished my keyboard, got a sole chrome key for ESC delivered finally, to go along with the black on black engraved set I got earlier.

inb4 buckling springs blah blah blah

Edited by Magnetic

^tbh i'm pretty new to the whole mechanical keyboard modding scene but i like the feel of the black switches so far. i originally wanted to get a Rosewill with the reds but they were all sold out in my area (and the SS was half off). prob gonna fiddle with keycaps eventually. usually i avoid gamer branded stuff too but if it's half decent,the price is right and the design isn't too obnoxious, eh why not

that being said R.A.T.s are pure ricer shit and you should feel bad if you get them full price

i was referring to the mouse when i said that, just to make it clear; stuff like that and the usual razer stuff (generally bad build quality now too) annoy me as there's just so much of it.

things have progressed from the days of windows and cathodes in towers but there's still too much crap to wade through when you're looking for an something.

+

black switches aren't bad at all, I just think there's a possibility of earlier fatigue when playing games due to the weight. admittedly, i haven't used them so I wouldn't know.

++

have you been copping a lot of games then? I had a go on Hawken during beta last month, kinda fun.

i was referring to the mouse when i said that, just to make it clear; stuff like that and the usual razer stuff (generally bad build quality now too) annoy me as there's just so much of it.

things have progressed from the days of windows and cathodes in towers but there's still too much crap to wade through when you're looking for an something.

+

black switches aren't bad at all, I just think there's a possibility of earlier fatigue when playing games due to the weight. admittedly, i haven't used them so I wouldn't know.

++

have you been copping a lot of games then? I had a go on Hawken during beta last month, kinda fun.

I see what you mean about the weight, hasn't bothered me yet. Then again i don't really play competitively lol. My internet is still shit, 60 gb monthly cap so i don't have any newer games yet. Been playing Warcraft 3, Morrowind and New Vegas modded to test the build lol.

Started playing Cave Story today. And knowing that it was all made by one guy reminded me why I love video games in the first place.

Looks like there's not as many AAA games to look forward to in the near future compared to years past but here's hoping indie devs step it up to fill in the gap. Oh well, this is exactly why I got a decent PC

i still play PES6 from 2007 because it has such amazing, authentic gameplay. it was the last version konami released before it started degrading to shit with a new game engine. this group in europe still keeps a total conversion patch updated that replaces all menus, music, commentary, stadiums, shoes, balls, everything, with updated uniforms and rosters. it's a 16 gig download but fucking brilliant.

that and EVE online are pretty much all i ever feel like playing at the moment. been playing that since 2007 as well. one of the most unique games out there. sandbox space mmo that's super complicated, massive and unforgiving. really hard to get in to, but once your character is established and you find a good group of people to play with, there's nothing like it.

i wanted to play dark souls, but it doesn't seem to like that i'm using a PS1 controller with a USB adapter. the camera controls are all messed up and i can't change them. plus i keep bringing up the stupid gesture menu with the left analog stick and i can't change that either.

Hotline Miami, def. worth picking up for the challenge and amazing soundtrack

Man, hotline miami is probably one of the games i enjoyed the most this year, the sountrack and the whole 80s aesthetic is so good and well made.

Also playing Lone Survivor, horror game that was made by one of the dudes who made a couple of songs for hotline miami, its pretty good imo

Anyone has more indie games to recommend? At the moment in my hometown and i only have a shitty notebook, so i have to conform without playing demanding games.

EDIT: gonna check unfinished swan and cave story but if you have more please recommend

Edited by hated

Man, hotline miami is probably one of the games i enjoyed the most this year, the sountrack and the whole 80s aesthetic is so good and well made.

Also playing Lone Survivor, horror game that was made by one of the dudes who made a couple of songs for hotline miami, its pretty good imo

Anyone has more indie games to recommend? At the moment in my hometown and i only have a shitty notebook, so i have to conform without playing demanding games.

EDIT: gonna check unfinished swan and cave story but if you have more please recommend

Spelunky, Thomas was alone, FTL (faster then light), and Legend of Grimrock. If you're into the horror stuff I'd play Yume Nikki and Ib