video games ruined my life

DüM

it's ROYALEFATALE but i can't get it working online, i can play 3s offline but when i launch into an online game i see a couple frames of the fight then get a video error, i think it has to do with Parallels, ps. DUM i was trying to 3S on MacMame and MameOSX too, both of them don't really work, slow/choppy audio abound, it works perfect in windows for some reason

you doing it in Windows on your Mac though? That shouldn't be a problem, right?

I might still cop for PS2, but when I get a new computer I'll try and play with you guys online. Maybe playing 3rd Strike will make my SSF Ibuki stronger.

Do i want to buy mass effect 2? if i do want to buy it, should i just start with the first one cause its a cheapo oldie?

is the new one so much better? is it like fallout3 in the sense there is a whole world and vibe.

someone school me.

Haven't played the second one yet but I got the first one hella cheap recently and I'm really enjoying it, even on a second play through.

I'd say it's like Fallout 3 but with less exploration/RPG and more combat, and better story and dialogue. Doesn't have the scope that Fallout 3 does but the combat is much better.

Do i want to buy mass effect 2? if i do want to buy it, should i just start with the first one cause its a cheapo oldie?

is the new one so much better? is it like fallout3 in the sense there is a whole world and vibe.

someone school me.

The new one is A LOT better than the 1st one. Mass effect 1 is a great game, but they really improved the gameplay on mass effect 2, and the storyline is great. I would get the 1st one because it's cool how the decisions you make carry over to the 2nd game, and you probably can get it for like less than $10. ME2 you can get for like $25ish now too.

natse is on point with how the gameplay of it is.

for xbox people: who is going to get halo reach?

if you have an xbox you got to be copping reach...

bungie has sort of let the magic of the halo franchise die out over time but I was playing some legendary co op CE last night and holy shit that game has stood up to the test of time. the way combat scenarios unfold, especially when elites are your enemy is really a totally unique experience from pretty much every shooter out there right now. here's to hoping the halo swan song gets back to the series' roots

call me crazy but i prefer gears to halo on my box

same, i just asking because i can play halo, but i only know a few people who might get it, so was just curious. I liked gears alot more, maybe just because i was really good at it, it's the only game i really got into competitively . was disappointed with gears 2 (online play specifically). hopefully gears 3 will be better.

same, i just asking because i can play halo, but i only know a few people who might get it, so was just curious. I liked gears alot more, maybe just because i was really good at it, it's the only game i really got into competitively . was disappointed with gears 2 (online play specifically). hopefully gears 3 will be better.

the online in halo versus GoW is like comparing bad company and mw2 though if you ask me.

I get wrecked in gears online so I could just be bitter, but the more weapons and equipment they added the less fun that game got

i went to buy part one of ME used, the guy at the counter talked me out of it in a simple way... he said it was great and all, but that some save points are too far spaced out, and if you die, you loose hours or work, that a lot of people complained about that.

I dont have enough time to play a game and go back to a last save point that is going to kill my fun factor and waste time...

Having said that, after playing for 2 hours last night i REALLY am jonzing to go pick up the first, ME2 is so sick its gross... really good timing for my mind and interest, there is some SICK shit in it and i only just started, makes me want the first one even more...

should go pick it up and just chill on this 2nd... but i never have enough time....

life.

i am going to go cop it then... it really is amazing how good me2 is and i only just started... next level movie game experience...

fall out 3 is the closest to this much joy i have felt from a non FPS in many moon.

EDIT: going back to 3 year old graphics might hurt... i might just say fuck it and jump in from here on....

making more of it than i need to concept.

EDITEDIT: nates rep made me rererethink my thoughts.

Will cop after work.

This convo is over now, sorry guys... if anyone wants to talk ME though, lets keep that ball in the air... but my fiasco, thankfully, is now over.

Curse you AstroWolf. I now have ME, ME2, and Fallout 3 purchased from my back-catalog wishlist. Not to mention Alan Wake and Bioshock 2 unopened on my shelf. I really need to get my thesis done so I can invest in several hundred hours of hardcore gaming :)