video games ruined my life

DüM

no more monkeys with commando and tac knifes.

from the preview, it looks like dude is running dual ballistic knives, fuuuuuuck...

looks sick though, crossbows, videocamera. nuts.

I hope it has rocketz.

I never attempted a nuke so I equipped it today after a few good games and managed to pull it off on the second attempt. now I can rest my mind and get back to non-wanker killstreaks. :o

but it seems the ballistic knife is a weapon on it's own(no gun and no commando)

i'm still really intrigued by that camera doohickey but i fear it will make camping more prevalent than it already is

For everyone who is raving about the RC car in Black Ops.

"Due out this November, the special edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops will include a tiny remote control "video surveillance vehicle" inspired by the game's multiplayer.

The remote control vehicle, inspired by the RC-XD found in the game's multiplayer, has a range of about 200 feet and a fully-functioning remote camera that transmits both color video and audio. The car will only come with the yet-to-be-officially-priced Prestige Edition of the game, which also comes with all of the extras included with the Hardened Edition."

http://kotaku.com/5611235/call-of-duty-black-ops-special-edition-includes-video-surveillance-vehicle

:eek:

More info taken from Black Ops forum:

You may possibly not realize it, but there’s a lot of hot info about Call of Duty Black Ops hiding on their official forums. One of Treyarch’s developers, Vahn, who is the Multiplayer Design Director, has posted numerous tidbits in a thread on killstreak rewards – even though some of this represents personal opinion, some of what he has to say may effectively represent the new turns that their game is beginning to take.

The whole point of the message is that Treyarch does listen to their community and study all the suggestions that they receieve. It seems we can expect to see a very much, much more rounded online game than MW2, as a large number of people from the boards have expressed most of the problems that Modern Warfare 2 had faced.

And now after reading all of his posts, we have figured the following out…

* They have tried custom killstreaks for every class, and that seemed to complicate the ‘purity and speed’ of Create a Class.

* Consequently, it’s pretty fair to assume that customizable killstreaks are all but confirmed.

* At this stage in development, killstreaks will stack on top of each other and carry over in case you die, but don’t contribute to the further killstreaks (therefore it will probably eliminate the ‘camping for killstreaks’ trouble of Contemporary Warfare two).

* The Treyarch team aren’t fans of the Commando perk, which is the extended melee range perk in Modern Warfare 2, and so it is unlikely to return.

* They’ve tried a ‘manned’ version in the Sentry Gun killstreak, but it did not turn out well.

* We may possibly see a return to pistols as the only sidearm, or maybe even a choice between pistols and grenade launchers. Vahn and many others of the team aren’t big fans of shotguns and machine pistols as secondary weapons – it gives a player ‘way too much firepower’.

* The knife may effectively become a secondary weapon – even though Vahn didn’t say too much.

* Finally, don’t anticipate the nuke to return as a killstreak. Vahn says they usually are not fans of a game-ending killstreak award.

As we can see, this game is going to be great. New kill streak upgrades, new gun upgrades, new guns, and much more!

After going through that list, please post how you feel about Call of Duty Black Ops in the comments, we would love to hear your thoughts and ideas about the direction this game is taking.

"We may possibly see a return to pistols as the only sidearm, or maybe even a choice between pistols and grenade launchers. Vahn and many others of the team aren’t big fans of shotguns and machine pistols as secondary weapons – it gives a player ‘way too much firepower’."

THANK YOU TREYARCH, I'm tired of having my killstreaks taken away by a shotgun happy kid.

^Might actually play it online if that's the case. Now if only they'd sort out the matchmaking so that beginners play against beginners...

I'm pretty sure they do. From my experience, every time I play on a newer account that hasn't prestiged or party with one of my noob friends (that host the party) who has yet to prestige, or even touch level 70, the scrub level is higher than normal. I easily average a 4-5 kd/r with 35-50 kills a match.

Not completely sure if that affects people sitting at lvl 70 no prestige tho.