Durrty Dozen +2 offical threak

cheapmuthafukr

cheers,luckily i builded the cadre of my collection before i got addicted to denim and workwear,so i am able to pick gems like the Dadawah record from the massive output of re-releases.Trojan did released some CDs which where too good to let them pass(before they were bought by Universal),but i am mostly vinyl.the occasional must-have original situation appears from time to time,though.

Trojan have by far the best back catalogue for historical reasons, but to me a lot of their reissues could be done better.

I'm pissed off that blood and Fire are out of business. Their remastering and liner notes were next-level. They were getting the Basic Channel guys at Dubplates and Mastering in Berlin to remaster the tunes on a modified Nuemann vinyl cutting lathe they have there, and the results killed, everytime.....especially on a big sound system. Bass-quake !

Also, the artists got paid....often for the first time.

Trojan have by far the best back catalogue for historical reasons, but to me a lot of their reissues could be done better.

I'm pissed off that blood and Fire are out of business. Their remastering and liner notes were next-level. They were getting the Basic Channel guys at Dubplates and Mastering in Berlin to remaster the tunes on a modified Nuemann vinyl cutting lathe they have there, and the results killed, everytime.....especially on a big sound system. Bass-quake !

Also, the artists got paid....often for the first time.

you are well informed!shame about B&F,i believe they went too enthusiastic with all the great coverdesigns and vinyl issues,just think of the awesome Yabby You box!

I like how Pressure Sounds developed in the last years.

for those who wants to read more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Fire

Last action-day is over,jeans got an extra portion of dirt and wear today.

what you see here is the sandpit of the kindergarden.the sand is old and dirty and needs to be exchanged.

4871632109_1a94f0a6ba_z.jpg

it has to go in here

4871631291_f2957e01a2_z.jpg

you cant find a better work for a sundaymorning,can you?

4871674813_398da42143_z.jpg

the first barrows are easy...

4871633571_604288ca0d_z.jpg

30 minutes later...

4872285668_0d6a8bcff2_z.jpg

4871678769_595a17fc74_z.jpg

this is only 30% of the pit

4872242816_48d7821c81_z.jpg

4871680607_bcdfcc9015_z.jpg

worst of all,nobody cared for cold beer

4871681155_4f4452db09_z.jpg

and done!

4871637721_c424d4e177_z.jpg

as you can imagine,the jeans were in the need for a wash badly.provident as i am i went to the drugstore yesterday to buy some detergent.

4871600013_2ed6e92f1c_z.jpg

4872208968_1e0f31503d_z.jpg

4871601643_82ffa59c84_z.jpg

4871602257_d6f3101bc0.jpg

couldnt decide which one to buy,so i took them all and mixed a nice blend out of them.setted the machine on 90°C/F200 at full spincycle.

I am really happy with the result,i am sure you will all agree.

amazing what you can achieve with hard wear and the right detergent in a couple of weeks.

4871638117_8e7db3661d_z.jpg

its called vintage fades,right?!

beatle,if you need detailed pics for the xxx-gallery let me know.

...................................................................................................................

man i wish i could rep you markus. love the post and nice job. the kids will be happy. the pants look geat now , looks like they shrank a bit in the waist. curious to see them on paul, guess you used the DENK MIT

man i wish i could rep you markus. love the post and nice job. the kids will be happy. the pants look geat now , looks like they shrank a bit in the waist. curious to see them on paul, guess you used the DENK MIT

i am always am mitdenken,thats why i mixed them all together.

btw,just measured the inseam,its 30" now-perfect for little Paul.

stunning! your work on this tour has been nothing short of majestical. you live in a majestical city and have done incredibleness, i'm making up words at this point because i am speechless. bravo!

thanks a lot! this coming from you means something special for me-in all honesty.

cheers Finn!

and now say goodbye to Hamburg and welcome London in a week or so:

4872281160_96115020ba_z.jpg

ask nicely and you'll be served,thats how it works,folks:

4872400841_ce7abe0329_z.jpg

i really like how the frontpockets are faded through.i must admit that the fly shrunk a huge amount and the bottom stretched quite a bit,but thats the price you pay for clean pants,right?!

LOL wish i could rep you Markus GREAT PHOTOS!

A great month of tour updates from the Hamburg humbug and what a splendid finale! A tough act for Paul T to follow. However I'm sure he's up for the challenge and I also happen to know that he is 1231st cousin (twice removed) from the Queen, so we can expect some right royal updates.

A great month of tour updates from the Hamburg humbug and what a splendid finale! A tough act for Paul T to follow. However I'm sure he's up for the challenge and I also happen to know that he is 1231st cousin (twice removed) from the Queen, so we can expect some right royal updates.
These two need to be singled out IMO. Such great portraits. You really made that G10 work!

cheers Maynard.humbug,hmm...i will take that as a compliment.:P

cheers mtchfrnk,i am glad i didnt took pics after the last one (inside Blue Oyster Bar toilets),which could have unsettled some people here easily.:eek: