edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I really don't understand the EDC knife concept. I'm wondering if the US is more lax with knives than Australia. I once saw a workman get searched at a train station because he was peeling an orange with a knife that could barely do the job.

I never did post a pic.

tumblr_llbn0gdDRS1qa3hvmo1_500.jpg

and im selling a handful of cheap old knives on the bay.

I think if i sell enough of my shit, maybe possibly sorta hopefully I'll buy myself a goruck gr1?

Figure I'm a full time student and my backpack is something I need every single day.

So why not invest in it?

Anyone using any good backpacks they want to recommend? Highly considering the Goruck GR1. Selling some stuff on ebay and want to treat myself to something. I like the laptop/hydration pocket the most. I dont carry my laptop to class because of how it offsets balance in the main compartment. The only thing I'm worried about is lack of external pockets. Im a huge pocket person. My current bag has 4 outer pockets, each which I've fit to roles perfectly. The Goruck has 1 large outer pocket and thats it.

I also looked at the 5.11 Rush 12, which is fairly nice. I like the compression straps and the admin pocket. I dont like the overabundance of molle straps though and as a school bag the hydration pouch is useless to me as I wouldnt need a hydration pack and I think its probably too small for a laptop.

Wish I could just fabricate my own pack >_>

Anyone using any good backpacks they want to recommend? Highly considering the Goruck GR1. Selling some stuff on ebay and want to treat myself to something. I like the laptop/hydration pocket the most. I dont carry my laptop to class because of how it offsets balance in the main compartment. The only thing I'm worried about is lack of external pockets. Im a huge pocket person. My current bag has 4 outer pockets, each which I've fit to roles perfectly. The Goruck has 1 large outer pocket and thats it.

I also looked at the 5.11 Rush 12, which is fairly nice. I like the compression straps and the admin pocket. I dont like the overabundance of molle straps though and as a school bag the hydration pouch is useless to me as I wouldnt need a hydration pack and I think its probably too small for a laptop.

Wish I could just fabricate my own pack >_>

I love EVERYTHING about my TAD litespeed. I have the pockets set up on the outside for exactly what I need. but in order to get that modularity you need molle straps, which you dont want. .02

I wanted to post this here before I officially put it for sale on all the forums (EDCF, etc)

I got a 4Sevens quark 123 2 (2 CR123s) S2 edition (200 lumens) that has been Cerakoted coyote Tan and not used since. It was originally my backup light so it was never used. still has the original 4sevens CRs that came with it.

Again, figured I would throw it up here first since I know there is a lot of 47s love. Ill give it 3 days before I hit the other forums.

Looking for $55 plus shipping.

Now back to your regular scheduled programming.

I do like the modularity of Molle/Pal webbing, but I know that I will not be adding on tons of things. Maybe an admin pouch and/or device pouch at the most which is why I don't want webbing on the entire front and sides of a pack like the Rush 12. I like clean aesthetics but also value versatlity.

The TAD Litespeed looks really nice but it looks a little slim (nvm the length of it tricked me)? Width wise. I would be using this for school so I am assuming next semester I will be carrying maybe 3 notebooks, a textbook, a folder, and maybe a laptop daily.

This wouldn't be a hiking/camping pack primarily although I could use it for hiking. But that is why I don't really need or want too much capacity as I would rather have a pack that sits flat like it's contents, in my case a couple of books.

EDIT: brought up thought of $300 backpack with mother, rage ensued.

EDIT: brought up thought of $300 backpack with mother, rage ensued.

My mom literally wooped my ass when she found out what my litespeed cost and im 24 and married with a family. its just a mom thing...

It is defiantly big enough for school. Right now I have 2 changes of clothes, a full set of tools/survival gadgetry, a pouch with 3 different kinds of batteries, a full first aid kid with copious amounts of drugs, advanced airway stuff, etc, a gun cleaning kit, a few boxes of ammo and a pelican 1170 with a gun in it.

If you are really considering the litespeed as an option I can do a bag dump for you so you can get an idea of the size.

Another vote for TAD Gear. I have the EDC pack from a few seasons back - superb quality, can handle anything I throw at it (or in it).

Funny - my wife flew into a rage when she saw the price - must be a mom and spouse thing :D

Another vote for TAD Gear. I have the EDC pack from a few seasons back - superb quality, can handle anything I throw at it (or in it).

Funny - my wife flew into a rage when she saw the price - must be a mom and spouse thing :D

I was blessed with an amazing wife so I get no strife there. I came home and told her about the bag and she was like "cool!", 3 days later i came home with a new receipt for a shotgun (illinois has a 1 day wait on long guns and a 3 day wait on handguns) and shes like "sweet!" then the next day I went to pick up such said shotgun and walked out with a shotgun and a receipt for a 1200 dollar hand gun. She just giggled. I dont know if that means "im fucking someone while your out" or if she just really dosnt care that I have a problem...

Now when my mom comes over... Hide all the cool shit.

Haha, I think the Litespeed is probably a little too spendy as well. Looks like a really good pack though :/

In the $100 and under class I'm looking at the Timbuk2 Shotwell vs. the 5.11 Rush 12. Currently waiting on a response back from 5.11 to see if the hydration pack on the Rush 12 is large enough to fit a 13" laptop. I hear the one on the Rush 24 is.