edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

^ that was what he posted a pic of. I posted what i thought about it on my blog.

but to reiterate i think it's a gimmick. i would buy separate tools that i know are good that have all the tools i need instead of having to switch parts for different "themes" fck that..

Hey guys, for the passaround up to now I got:

35 percent

XXXL

showbiz

riff

anybody else?

There shouldn't be any problems with the law, the blade is less than 3 inch, and it's a fixed blade so no worry with locking mechanism legal issues. I guess if it's shipped internationally, just label it as "camping tool", not knife.

Cool thing is, the back of the blade is raw, so maybe we could try to all carve our initials/nickname/whatever in it to show who handled it. Also, there's no sheath, the paracord is kinda sloppy, etc, so if it falls in talented hands, feel free to pimp it a little ;)

surprised the chinese shovel vid didnt have the soldiers cooking food on their shovel....

Supposedly this is part of the origination of Sukiyaki:

"Some anecdotes are known for the early history of sukiyaki. One is about a medieval nobleman. He stopped at a peasant's hut after a hunt and ordered him to cook the game. The peasant realized that his cooking utensils were improper for the noble, so he cleaned up his spade (suki in Japanese) and broiled (yaki) the meat on it."

My EDC knife challenge has begun. Spyderco Dragonfly Foliage Green G10 vs. Boker Exskelibur II. They're both really nice and compact.

The fit and finish on the Dragonfly is incredible. Boker is nice too ... it's a great design. But the tolerances on the Dragonfly are so tight and the small but ergonomic setup is so good it's gonna be hard to beat.

I have no tactical need for a knife. Just looking for a small blade that is always on me/in my bag. I have carried a Buck Nobelman Ti for 2 years or so and these are both better.

Now I must stop jonesing for a Small Sebenza before I get divorced.