edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

haha, the first thing i did was twist his arm and get my knife back and then told him to stay away from me while another friend wrapped my thumb.

i can't really blame him, i should have avoided the situation completely. shit happens.

Aww that's not bad.

At worst I would've sliced him, (HOW DO YOU MISS THAT PIECE OF CARDBOARD???) at the least I would've knocked the wind out of him.

I hope whoever on here that EDC's a knife/has one or whatever, KNOWS how to take care of a cut/gash if they ever got one.

My kid accidentally knocked over a vase and my friend tried to catch it. Rather than catching it from the base, he tried to catch it from the top, causing the top of the vase to slit between his pinky and ring finger. He screamed like a bitch and then let the vase to drop. Blood squirted blah blah blah.

Wrapped his hand up. He started to get worried that he could'nt feel his hand, because I had wrapped the towel around it too tight. :l

Some people would literally DIE without me.

Ya'll EDC knives and paracord and shit and shit, I EDC KNOWLEDGE OF KNOW NIGGARDLY!

Someone find me a switch blade.

I found cheap ass ones online, I want summadat legit shit.

Too poor to has Benchmade.

Yea, the only time I've cut myself was trying to thumb-deploy a SAK single handedly. Slip joint did not approve, sprung back down and pricked me just a little.

If my dad's bali was still sharp I'd have tons of pics for you guys.. lul.

i think i saw some pics of this bald dude who was stretching/yawning with a surefire in his hand and dropped it on the dome. or maybe i read it.. on a forum. or.. nothing.

I feel like this thread is encouraging the wrong kids to be carrying knifes. Maybe everyone needs a lesson in knife saftey.

I was playing with it (whuch I never do) doing spyderdrops, and I literally said to myself in my head "OK put that away before you cut yourself." My thumb hit the lock, and I was reaching up to close the blade and bam, cut myself. Didn't even hit the blade hard, that's what I get for having a super sharp blade :)

I do now know however that I can bandage myself with one hand.

img3171n.jpg

img3191x.jpg

GxpwgcQTonU[/ youtube]

:cool:

Totin' chip steeze...

(yes those are mine)

img3189e.jpg

"has read the "Using Woods Tools" chapter in the Boy Scout Handbook. He knows that ownership or use of woods tools means responsibility, and he accepts it. In consideration of the above he is hereby granted "Totin' Rights".

@mlproject Tyler Durton Steez right there.....

You mean Tyler Durden? I did the bloody smile in a hockey game once, felt like a BAMF.

interesting. i've thought about making a chain for carry, but figured it'd restrict my freedom of swinging the knife around (just because). could you provide a picture of you in the jawnz and knife out? i'm interested in seeing how far you can pull it out.

no homo.

Doesn't seem like an issue at all. I'm not, uh... swinging too wide, but it reaches everything in the sphere in which I use a sharp thing. If no, unclippage is simple.

skGjps.jpg

i carry 1/16" cord for making lanyards/bracelets/fobs for friends between class/during class. and not for potentially making; i actually have and do use it. but, its not paracord and i dont really carry it for utility purposes, more for crafting purposes when im bored.

this is what i am doing w/ my 6x100ft hanks of assorted colors.

I'm thirty-two motherfuckin' years old and i've spent most of my life traveling the world getting myself into strange situations and never once have i needed a paracord or rope.

Are you guys really finding the need to carry a paracord or is it more the obsession behind the idea and less the need to have it on you daily?

cord is like reusable duct tape in the wild. that said, 99% of the time, it will have no practical use besides making my edc look tacticool.

so i see we have reached the slippery slope. too much paracord bad. too many knives/flashlights/things-you-can-clip-on-yourself good. i've waited for this. it even brought kiya in to the fray.

is it okay for soccer dad's to wear white sneakers and ride harley's?

is it okay for nerds to carry knives?

is it okay if you just want to look like a lumberjack or some rockabilly guy?

do people have to justify their freedom of expression?

and honestly, can not each of these niches be seen (and accepted) in the light of otaku, and just basic eccentricity?

on a personal note,

i think maybe we should wait to clown sometimes. you guys could clown me for never making wildstyles's kool key thing. it requires me to buy a dremel tool and i'm not ready to drop a $100+ to make a key thing for my 2 keys.

so maybe, you guys can reserve judgment until he fails to make anything with this paracord.

and lastly, if i was going to carry paracord in a BOB or in my car. it would be atleast 25'. Think simple pulley. 10' cut in half is five feet. that ain't far. or even just tying something down in the back of a truck.? 10' gets used fast.

edcing my strider smf gunner grip

love this thing

oh by the way, anyone see the new m4 millie

with ti framlock and g10 handle slab

got one on order yayuh

you can get the s and w knives at sr knives in toronto. google em.

i don't carry my s and w pen, or keys, or knife, or watch or anything 24/7. I carry my helmet with me when i leave the house because i ride a motorcycle and therefore it is edc. i don't take my knives to bed with me i take them out when i go out. when i am at work, my knife is in my pocket and my helmet is on my desk. i am a motorcycle dealer my helmet is edc. and for that matter why do you get to decide what I edc. people edc all kinds of random shit and i don't think adding a helmet to that is out of the question for someone whose profession is motorcycles. There is an entire forum devoted to knives but people don't mind discussing them here as well.

cutting yourself is the new dunk. quick! everyone do it!

the only cuts i got in the past week were from my balisong and one stupid mistake while opening a box.

kids, remember to keep any fingers, body parts, people, animals away from the blade edge when utilizing.

i don't carry my s and w pen, or keys, or knife, or watch or anything 24/7. I carry my helmet with me when i leave the house because i ride a motorcycle and therefore it is edc. i don't take my knives to bed with me i take them out when i go out. when i am at work, my knife is in my pocket and my helmet is on my desk. i am a motorcycle dealer my helmet is edc. and for that matter why do you get to decide what I edc. people edc all kinds of random shit and i don't think adding a helmet to that is out of the question for someone whose profession is motorcycles. There is an entire forum devoted to knives but people don't mind discussing them here as well.

Dont worry, I think he was joking. I think..