edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

not sure actually, they sell opinels over here, so I don't think so...

the dragonfly does look more fragile then the CRKT shrimp to me but maybe that's just an impression.

I also considered Gerber cause that's easy to get locally also.

But they don't seem to have anything with a closed length of 60-80mm, wich is my ideal setup.

the spyderco website is a nightmare to work with btw...

over here it's not well known, so I was looking for some more info

There are some websites here that sell spyderco knives man, now you got raped. If you couldn't get that dragonfly in Belgium, I would have helped you out and order one and send it to you...no problem.

so branching off what i said before about selling paracord bracelets.

this lady i sold 1 to showed her mother who's been a jewellery designer for over 20 years. she loves it. now she's going to some high-end spa called Canyon Ranch and wants like 30 of them to bring with her and sell at 20$ a pop.

That's like 550$ straight cash after material costs. Jesus!

Who would of thought, from making 1 for myself for fun, to this. haha!!

If you buy a knife direct from the manufacturer you're paying almost 2 times the price you'd pay off almost any other website.

didn't really find the dragonfly 2 on other sites, mostly the original dragonfly model.

There are some websites here that sell spyderco knives man, now you got raped. If you couldn't get that dragonfly in Belgium, I would have helped you out and order one and send it to you...no problem.

can you still give me the links? might want a ladybug later on or something, anyhow, price ain't too bad, €70 including shipping.

cancel the order!!!

according to the mail I got, it's already shipped, don't think I can still cancel it I'm afraid

haha. help me out in finding where to order online, some brass anchor shackles or any sorta brass and/or nickel plated buckles for the bracelets.

http://www.hotropes.net/Images/AnchorsandAccessories/anchor%20shackle.jpg

i bet they'd eat it up even more if you started adding heart/star/crown/unicorn charms

OPÉRATEUR COUTURE

haha. i tell them the hardware's like 4$ each. meanwhile i got them at home depot, 2 for $2. But it's like a brushed steel, and wasn't even sure if it was stianless steel. But besides that, they want brass. They're like "we're gold girls."

So i've put those shackles and some stainless nut's. and they love it.

ok, my mistake, order isn't shipped yet, sent an email to cancel the order.

links to sites selling the dragonfly2 are welcome now... (not feeling ebay much, I'd rather pay a little more and end up with the genuine article, you never know with all the fake stuff on ebay)

Ebay is very legit. There are certified dealers and the whole 'reputation' factor forces sellers to not sell fake stuff.

Also, if you pay through paypal and receive a fake item when it was advertised as genuine, you can still get your money back through a dispute.

Anyways, for great websites, try knifecenter.com

I'm unaware of their international shipping policies and pricing. I do know they have very competitive pricing.

personally not a fan of knifecenter. i read somewhere their customer service is located outside of the states..

amazon has some decent prices now and then. i agree with ebay. just check their feedback and you should be fine.

Yeah a lot of people think eBay is still this shady place, but really it's now one of the best places to buy things online. They've got a lot of measures to protect buyers the most. You've got two levels of protection, eBay itself and paypal. In a sense it's safer than buying straight from online dealers because dealers get to decide if/how much they refund you etc, whereas eBay and paypal are mediator parties in disputes and are unbiased. Of course with a dealer you expect to receive a quality product in the first place anyway.

Of course there's the issue of finding an eBay seller that has what you want, at a good price, that will ship to your country.

A lot of sellers won't even ship to Hawaii. "Lower 48" is the worst.

A lot of sellers won't even ship to Hawaii. "Lower 48" is the worst.

This is such bullshit. USPS Flat Rate is just that to all 50 states: a flat rate! They even supply the fucking packaging.

I don't even live in Hawaii...

i only ordered from knifecenter a couple times and i wasn't thrilled.

what they advertise and what they have in stock are two different matters.

unless you are extremely patient, shop elsewhere.

eBay is the ultimate caveat emptor marketplace.

if you put your faith in paypal and or eBay to cover your ass, forget about it.

i've been buying and selling on there for about 12 years now and i am more cautious than ever. fake goods likely outnumbers authentic items. just have a look at any given time at alleged WWII RAF issue watches. interestingly, they all seem to have landed in the ukraine, for a too good to be true price, and in astonishingly minty condition.

my advice when shopping online: use american express, and if you use paypal, fund it from your american express instead of from a paypal balance. and don't give paypal your bank info.

This is such bullshit. USPS Flat Rate is just that to all 50 states: a flat rate! They even supply the fucking packaging.

I don't even live in Hawaii...

i know that a lot of US dealers won't ship to Alaska even

and i don't even live in hawaii

(though i am a big Northern Exposure fan)

Yeah, I think people dont realize that Hawaii is included in the Flat Rate "program" I guess you could call it. It's okay, living in Hawaii I'm used to the "lower 48" rule applying to us for various different things like shipping, contests, etc.

Anyway, anyone got any suggestions for their favorite high value knives under $40 (knives other than tenacious line, drifter)? A friend wants to get a knife and I want to start him off with something quality.