Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

My 67's have VERY faint fading on the wallet pocket, that's it. The creases are coming but there is no colour difference. I wear them like 4-5 days of the week, though for the most part just in an office....I've got to do some drastic living if I expect to be a contender in this contest. I'll post pics (cause it's mandatory) in the coming days.

^^ from what i gathered, i always thought lvc in general fades slowly?

my 47 fades not apparent too...side thighs and knees plus the usual ass fades from bailing riding my bike but thats bout it

good to see everyone back up posting..its almost 3 months now. evo pics should be interesting

I

I feel like my 47's are fading quite fast actually. I think it's a combination of soaking them really well initially and going true to size. They were pretty brutal at first in the waist but have stretched out perfectly now. I'd say I wear them 5 days a week, and they are the only jeans I've been wearing since December 1....

These '44s are starting to break nicely. Still, I would say they have been really tough to reach early results. Wish I'd soaked instead of washed. I think a nice contrast will be hard-won, and the hue is really, really blueish.

As far as activity, I've been doing my own staining and varnishing for a few days. Man I am paranoid about sloshing that crap on my jeans. I might switch up for a bit while I'm ahead...before disaster strikes. :D

@dr. house, your pair is fading really fast, they look good!

@joelz, yours look more like I would expect after 3 months, but still looks good..

everyone keep it up!

I think part of my minimal fading is due to a few reasons.

-Generally I'm just not a sweaty dude. It's the dead of the winter here, so even outside doing whatever I'm not really going to break sweat, especially not in the legs. It's a fact that sweat accelerates the breakdown of the denim fibres, so our sweaty/southern friends have a one up.

-I wear my jeans everyday, but I also sit in an office chair 8 hours a day (unfortunately), which may get a bit of wear on the seat but that is it.

-I didn't soak mine. I feel like soaking denim makes it more "susceptible" to surroundings, as if that protective denim "sheen" is some sort of barrier.

Anyway, I've been trying to wear the hell out of them (naturally), I'm looking forward to the coming spring/summer to get em really outside and nasty.

2 month update 1937 worn fairly every day...if not outside, then around the house when I get home...

Not the best pictures but I wanted to throw stuff up as I said before...Don't mind the picture overload...As you can see though, very subtle fading going on for now except in the knees.1

128.jpg

131.jpg

136.jpg

160.jpg

169.jpg

185.jpg

192.jpg

199.jpg

201.jpg

211.jpg

1944 fit pics and update (3 months). This is laboring steeze. Got a wee moose knuckle cooking, but as you can see I am a lunk, and these are not entirely what I'd call a full cut.

lvc3mo3.jpg

lvc3mo4.jpg

lvc3mo2.jpg

lvc3mo1.jpg

@runormal, get some better pics up cuz those are looking good, but they look like they got 6mo. wear on em'

Yeah those are crap photos, almost didn't want to use them. Will take some pictures this weekend with the same camera I used for the Feb updates over the weekend which I thought was a good one and captured the colors and fades accurately. To give you an idea the concrete the jeans are laying on is dark concrete - not the light grey the photos show and the tag is washed out can't even see the details, and so on. Honestly I wish they looked that good, but they'll need lots more wear and time....

What the hell have you been doing in those things, digging wells? They look great!

About 2 weeks worth of baseboards, a week of laminate flooring and one shed. The first two months they saw limited wear because I sized them wrong (a bit too baggy, i'll post fit pics sometime), so they were hanging on my wall till I decided to bite the bullet and use them as work pants.

The irony is that I DID have to dig a huge retaining wall, but whenever I have to do anything extremely dirty or outside in the rain, I go to my truck and change into my Carthartt's. Yes, I get teased by co-workers.:cool:

These 37's, much like my 55's, are very slow to fade. Most of the creases on my pair are exagerate from the dirt/sand/drywall dust still lingering on them.

Reggie, for that beltloop just look and see if you can tell where the old stitching was and just go over it with the machine a couple times, should be a five minute fix..

everyone else, dont worry about his pair, theyre just dirty, if they got washed they wouldnt look that far ahead, so everyone stay in it!