Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

No probs :)

I've added the new participants and Dec 1st as start date.

Do people want to go on for 18 months or 24 months?

18 months should be sweet..eventhough I dont mind 24 months myself cause I can always wear straight 18 months and put them into rotation for another 6 months

Im in for the contest ;)

18 months works for me. 24 months would give an extra cold season with em (ie more and harder wear), but oh well.

You're right... winter wear is nice, and 24 months would be a nice even length. Also, LVCs are pretty tough - 24 months might be just enough time.

As well, the people who win this contest after 2 years of work will really deserve the solid prizes.

Change my vote from 18 months to 24 months plz joe.

^^ the most modern slim cut on LVCs is 67 505, if you size down appropriately and manage the shrinkage on the waist you can get a cut relative to se05bsp but not exactly the same.

another LVC on the slim side is 66 501 but Cultizm is out of stock unless you wear size 38..

hmmm...I did a very bad thing...

IMG_6285.jpg

...and I don't even feel guilty about it wahahaha! I must say, these are pretty impressive jeans so if you're on the fence about getting them just do it!

Post soak measurements for sz 31 1947 (555 model):

waist 30 in.

front 11

back 13.5

thigh 11.5

knee 8.75

leg open 8

inseam 35.6-.75ish

Now don't freak out! I plan on buying another pair before the contest starts and will be wearing them, not these...the December 1st deadline was just too much for me although the pair I use for the contest might be a '67 505 or '37 or '54 model depending on sizing situation come late November.

:cool:

^Haha, now you know you're addicted...:D

How much did they shrink waist- and inseamwise (don't wanna search the whole thread, for sure you've had posted presoak measurements somewhere). Btw, whatabout those plastic bags?

@joe: I've read that it's best way for the 505's to size down one or two. Will there be other sizes restocked?

They shrunk about an inch in the waist (maybe two but I stretched it back out) and a little more than 2 and half inches in the inseam...The plastic bags are just some weights submerged in water to keep the jeans from floating...Anyways I'll have some pre and post soak pics later tonight if I get a chance!

^ The 36/36 may work for you? 34/36 may shrink too much after a few hot washes? The 34/36 may shrink too much, but if you like that pair, it will be available with our next restock.

Edmond the 1955 are only available for restock in Jan 2010.

unknown pleasures the 1954 waist size measures 1 size smaller than it's tag size. Ie size 33/36 measures 32/36, so I'd recommend you get the 33/36.

Joe

Nice, xander!

Is there any way we could let people enter late with '55s? It seems like simply bad luck beyond anyone's control, that they aren't available right now. I don't know how it would run at the end of the contest...it would be hard to wait for them to finish theirs.

In theory, I'd be fine with allowing people who wanted to buy 1955s, to join in January when Cultizm gets the re-stock. I'd like to see as many fits as possible be represented, and this would add another to the roster.

However, this has to be up to Joe, who needs committment from us for the contest. Maybe, we allow participants to enter the contest with '55s if they place a pre-order? That allows committment both ways - contestants get a guaranteed spot, and Cultizm gets the guaranteed order.

Just a thought.