Vans Syndicate 2 pics...

eastcoastrider27

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my Syndicates from Snowboard Connection on Saturday... the halfcabs are so sick, but i had to break out the shoe-goo after one session...the hemp ain't durable at all. got the olive chukkas as well...i usually wear 10.5 but went for 11's since i had to size up from 10.5 to 11 for the syndicate halfcabs from the normal halfcabs. the 11 chukkas don't feel as snug as i'd like them and maybe should've gone for the 10.5's in those, oh well...

I got my Ballistics today. They are dope!

They fit pretty much the same as other SK8-HI's, albeit stiffer.

I wish the sole was gum instead of black, and I wish the tongue were made of ballistic nylon instead of the rubberized leather. Other than that these shoes are perfect.

The tool is proper. I've had so many skate tools over the years that have either broken or been shitty. This one is the real deal.

And the bag looks like it would be good for holding spraypaint and caps. Although it's a little more conspicuous than my laptop bag.

Andrew, how's the breathability on the Half Cabs? Are they nice and airey? They seem like a dope summer skate shoe.

I have the last two pair of size 10 VANS Syndicate Ballistic sk8-hi's on Ebay going for $200 - username is shannonk00 - or there is a buy it now option...The guy in orange county who sold them to me said there were only 300 of each size made, and the vans syndicate website says only 'sold in 30 stores worldwide.' i saw a couple going on ebay last week for a few hundred...check 'em.

Quote:

btw Droo: white chukkas, black chukkas, black oldschools, green halfcabs and blue halfcabs... i think these still haven't dropped although everything else has...

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on Mar 28, 2006 03:51 PM

Cheers...any ideas when the white chukkas are out?

Haven't seen any half sizes in any of the syndicate though. Only seen them on US sites??

Quote: Cheers...any ideas when the white chukkas are out?

Haven't seen any half sizes in any of the syndicate though. Only seen them on US sites??

no idea, hopefully soon!, white are def the sickest color of the chukkas imo... dying to get my hands on the green and blue halfcabs... also don't know what's up w/the sizing but seems like everywhere in the US is getting half-sizes

ah yeah eastcoast meant to mention to you that the olive suede does some a bit thicker / higher quality than the regular blue / black suede.

and adsurgo chukka's have characteristically been suede although they started dropping mass amounts of canvas ones starting last year... would be nice if they did more suede colors for the standard chukkas and halfcabs than just black and blue...

i have 2 pairs of ballistics size 10 and 12 i got them in hopes of trading for the supreme sk8-hi "public enemy" in yellow size 12 if anybody is into the trade let me know.

i live in vancouver and have no access to the supreme stores.

thanks in advance

also looking for the supreme sk8-hi blue w/ black stars in 12

miles

Quote:
Quote: Cheers...any ideas when the white chukkas are out?

no idea, hopefully soon!, white are def the sickest color of the chukkas imo... dying to get my hands on the green and blue halfcabs... also don't know what's up w/the sizing but seems like everywhere in the US is getting half-sizes

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on Mar 28, 2006 08:54 PM

I bought the grey in a us10 but they are too tight in the toe box area and are getting sent back. I think i only need to go half a size up and the fit would be perfect.

Think i'll have to pay the extra on the whites and get some us10.5 shipped from the states when they drop.

just like people sell old shit, new shit, vintage and collectibles on ebay and in all sorts of stores, i'm letting anyone know that they're on ebay, size 10 Ballistics. i saw this site after i posted the shoes - so its a 'heads up' - there's no 'standards' or 'limitations' just talking, being part of the market, the consumer society, that we all love and hate. i'm really just a small sized sweet girl, not any harm, actually..

Edited by shannonk00 on Mar 30, 2006 at 03:44 PM

Quote:

just like people sell old shit, new shit, vintage and collectibles on ebay and in all sorts of stores, i'm letting anyone know that they're on ebay, size 10 Ballistics. i saw this site after i posted the shoes - so its a 'heads up' - there's no 'standards' or 'limitations' just talking, being part of the market, the consumer society, that we all love and hate. i'm really just a small sized sweet girl, not any harm, actually..

Edited by shannonk00 on Mar 30, 2006 at 03:44 PM

--- Original message by shannonk00 on Mar 30, 2006 03:41 PM

good that you're a cute girl, if you were busted, i wouldn't have bothered....still looking for size 8 ballistics....

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Well, since you're a girl I'll take it easy on you.

The fact is, a lot of people want these shoes. They are in limited supply and cost a pretty penny.

When you buy them and charge more than double the price for them, you're taking them out of the hands of people who truly want them.

I absolutely love these shoes, but I definitely wouldn't spend more than what they retailed for. Even $120 was pretty steep, but not too bad considering that price tag include a bag and tool.

Basically you're taking these shoes away from the people that really love them, all to make what, $50.

Not cool in my book.

If these were sitting on shelves for months and you decided to resell them, I would be fine with that.

Or if you were selling them years after they released, I wouldn't have a problem with that either, cause you'd be providing a sneaker that someone wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

To sum up, let me quote the late Joe Strummer, "I'm not down"

Quote:

Well, since you're a girl I'll take it easy on you.

The fact is, a lot of people want these shoes. They are in limited supply and cost a pretty penny.

When you buy them and charge more than double the price for them, you're taking them out of the hands of people who truly want them.

I absolutely love these shoes, but I definitely wouldn't spend more than what they retailed for. Even $120 was pretty steep, but not too bad considering that price tag include a bag and tool.

Basically you're taking these shoes away from the people that really love them, all to make what, $50.

Not cool in my book.

If these were sitting on shelves for months and you decided to resell them, I would be fine with that.

Or if you were selling them years after they released, I wouldn't have a problem with that either, cause you'd be providing a sneaker that someone wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

To sum up, let me quote the late Joe Strummer, "I'm not down"

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Mar 30, 2006 05:30 PM

yah, but i mean...that's just how shit is.