R.I.P. Harold Hunter

MikeN

"Cocaine overdose" usually really means "heroin overdose". Just like when those two teenage girls died in the LES last summer. Everyone reported that it was a "bad batch" or, "really pure cocaine". It turns out, of course, it was normal heroin. But they thought it was coke, and they OD'd. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but actual "cocaine overdoses" are very uncommon.

DAMN......

i remember being in d.c....... i think it was either 95 or 96... skating at a zoo/capital demo in the parking lot behind some skateshop, and meeting harold and all the zoo cats... ryan hickey, serge trudnowski, jeff pang... oyola and reason were'nt there.... damn... but harold was the loudest motherfucker out there, repping KIDS hard. im still looking for the RRL belt he was wearing... but dude was just cool, ya know. made a big impression on me as a kid. harold was a hero to me, and to lots of outher people coming up on the east coast at the time. ZOO was big man... not like now... doing things right. and supreme?? harold was down from day one. if it wasnt for zoo i dont think theyd be where they are now. and harold was a huge part of the zoo image.

R.I.P. Harold... the man was a fucking legend and his influence will be felt for years to come.

denim is the new crack

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Feb 21, 2006 at 11:07 AM

• 5 months later...

I was so fucking pissed off that this happened. I was hanging out with him like two nights before just as it ever was drinking shitty budweiser at Max Fish and laughing at his usual shit... Then to find out he passed ...from an overdose, just seems so unfair.

R.I.P harold, tear it up where ever you are man.

"Cocaine overdose" usually really means "heroin overdose". Just like when those two teenage girls died in the LES last summer. Everyone reported that it was a "bad batch" or, "really pure cocaine". It turns out, of course, it was normal heroin. But they thought it was coke, and they OD'd. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but actual "cocaine overdoses" are very uncommon.

why not just say heroin overdose then? its not like cocaine overdose is any better.

I thankfully had the oppurtunity to meet and hang out with Harold Hunter two days while attending CMJ in New York. I saw Harold sitting at the Carova Milk Bar and reluctantly said hello. I had always been a Zoo York fan and his acting in the film Kids and I was stoked to meet him. Harold actually seemed to be surprised that he was recognized and was very happy to talk. I spoke with him about skateboarding a little and mostly just enjoyed the open bar. Surprisingly he asked if I wanted to hang out the next day. So I headed to a skate shop that Harold chilled at and he just began putting together a board for me, but I guess the owner was not that pleased so he said "Do you like my board?" Harold handed me his fairly new skateboard that had not seen to much thrashing and said, "They got my face on deez wheels." Yep, Harold had his board outfitted with his own signature wheels featuring a photo of himself. I could not believe how nice he was to me. I had to leave New York but, Harold said that I could hang and skate with him if I ever came back.

Sadly I never reutrned to New York.

You will be missed Harold and I will be a fan of your's forever.

• 4 weeks later...
heroin cocaine..it doesnt matter...hard drugs are hard drugs.

rip

not sure i agree with that. coke has a much better image, i'd even say that nowadays, many ppl don't consider it a hard drug anymore. not to mention that it's associated with like rich playboy, finance dude etc. heroin on the other hand is associated with dirty scums that beg that they will suck your dick your 5 bucks..

and i mean, Bush was a know cokehead and made it to president, not sure it would have happened if he had been a heroin user...

not sure i agree with that. coke has a much better image, i'd even say that nowadays, many ppl don't consider it a hard drug anymore. not to mention that it's associated with like rich playboy, finance dude etc. heroin on the other hand is associated with dirty scums that beg that they will suck your dick your 5 bucks..

and i mean, Bush was a know cokehead and made it to president, not sure it would have happened if he had been a heroin user...

im sure theres many a crackheads that would suck you off for some rock as well....

anyway, point being DRUGS killed a great actor/skateboarder