Tell me something Good

goat

• 4 weeks later...

dudes, I'm in a pretty good way right now. Not that I have everything I want, there's still a lot for me to work on and towards, but a lot of good things have come together lately that make me really optimistic about the future. I just landed a solid job with substantial opportunity in a field I'm really good at. I have a girl I know is 100% down for me, and is super hot. Both my kids are in that super fun stage where everything is exciting and fun, and they're both healthy and strong. I just moved into a really dope 2br condo in a really nice and quiet complex, close to a bunch of good restaurants and bars. Got rid of a car that was costing me an arm and a leg in repairs and gas. Been able to travel a bunch lately for work, but also for fun...those two things kinda go hand in hand with my job, so I feel really fortunate. Just all around in a pretty decent place, and feeling really lucky to have so many positive things going for me at the same time.

Woke up with a really bad cold, runny nose, and had to go work. But this is the best I felt in years, mentally, and I have no idea why. I just feel very postive like something really good is going to happen soon.

I always feel like this the next day after I smoked some good weed. Or ate some tasty cookies. I love that positive feeling!

Edited by hugoagassi

Started new second job yesterday.

Cons:

• Pays less than average for an analyst position

Pros:

• 44 PTO days (22 vacation days, 10 sick days, 12 holidays)
  • Office has no dress code
  • Nice manager who tells me to make sure not to stay longer than my hours
  • Flexible arrival time
  • 20 minute drive to work
  • Parking lot

what field are you in man?

I'm in the fantasy playoffs for my work league and 1st places takes $350

I bought a new queen size mattress this morning to replace my trashed full that I've had for years

I've been at my current job/company for about a year and a half, and I was very satisfied. However another position opened in the media production department (I'm currently in sales ops). I applied on Monday, interviewed yesterday, and was offered the position this morning. I am super excited because this is the field I went to school for and its also where most of my experience lies. The pay increase is also really nice!

All in all my quality of life is trending upwards and I'm eagerly anticipating all that awaits in 2013!

Oh I also won like $1500 playing in poker tournies this month. Boom.

Late edit: new job means no more business casual, back to daily jawnz

Edited by jayrock

Realizing I have more money left than previously budgeted feels good. This whole savings thing is new to me TBH in actual practice. It's good to have an actual savings account as well as emergency money saved up. Now I look at my accounts and have more money than expected thinking I can finally get myself a proper Christmas gift. However, I think I'm just going to keep saving because only good things have come out of it. Keeps me accountable.

yo shouts out to you ADH. I love seein people make it/find happiness man. damn.

yo shouts out to the rest of you motherfuckers out there too man. i hope you all find the happiness you deserve very soon.

Edited by dovo

• 1 month later...

i'm graduating in may and decided i want to move to nyc. was kind of worried about finding a good housing situation and having a good social life. i know some people there but not that many (and we're not all that close), and not really enough to have much of a social life for a while. my best friend visited me this past weekend, though and i told him about my plans. he told me his girlfriend and her friend plan on moving there after they graduate too (june) and that he plans on living there this summer (he graduates in december). now we're gonna try to find a place together. still a lot of shit to deal with, but at least i won't have to worry that much about friends (obviously still gonna try to make new ones, though).

also applied to graduate today. so close, but not close enough

Edited by wurm

• 3 weeks later...

Fixing my life piece by piece.

After getting layed off, I'm taking this time (and unemployment) to enroll in trade school to be an electrician so I can pay the bills and still work on my art.

Seeing a doctor again, back on medication to regulate my anxiety and depression etc.

Enrolled in a gym for the first time in 4 yrs again, determined to get back in shape this time for real.

Cut down on my drinking and improving my diet, going out and skateboarding or bowling or playing pool instead of hitting bars.

wish me luck everyone

I'm so lucky right now. Even though I have a shit GPA, I was able to find a paid internship for this winter. The internship is relevant to my major and I actually love what I'll be doing. The best part is that I can do most of the work at home. I'm definitely going to start working harder now as this was a ridiculous blessing for me.

Update on this, I got a job offer from my current internship when I graduate. I also found out I got a marketing internship at one of the major movie studios . Feeling pretty good with where i'm going, and I'm not scared shitless about what i'll be doing when I graduate like I was 6 months ago

Everything is turned in to my local community college for spring quarter, after which I will be sophomore status (fucking up your first semester of college and your third semester is not a good deal.) Looking around at local colleges I found out that SPU has a fashion design major that feeds into FIT in Manhattan.

After a terrible start to college I finally have my priorities and mindset completely turned around thanks to the job I found when I returned home from college. I've worked for my local men's store on our main street for a year now and in that time I have learned to finish each job that I start, put things back where they belong, plan ahead, be clear to others about what I want, and realized that clothing is what I am passionate about.

I think I have managed to make the most of my time out of school. I interviewed for a job at Blackbird when the opportunity arose, and I know I made a good impression on all of the staff even if I didn't yet have the experience or financial independence that that job required. I discovered Superfuture and I have learned an enormous amount about the current fashion landscape concerning materials, construction, and aesthetics from other users and by looking through the majority of the fashion shows this season. I assembled comprehensive lists of the popular stores that exist on the west coast and have a mental checklist of what they stock and why it sells for them.

My closet looks beautifully bare. I've donated anything I don't like anymore.

Looking at my new life plan, its going to be an interesting journey from here. I need to save every penny I can from my job after three final purchases so that I can prepare for living costs in NYC. I'm done with dreaming small. I know what I want in clothing and there is a gap in the market I think I could fill. I've worked with the consumers long enough to get an idea of what price point they will tolerate. I've watched the market and gotten my hands on the materials of the future. I've watched the rise of exclusively online retail based on the strength of the product with companies like Outlier. And now I have a vision.