Tell me something Good

goat

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished all of my coursework for my master's and graduating on Monday, things are coming along smoothly with the hedge fund, just finished an algorithm that predicts availability and prices of apartment types in Manhattan that we will hopefully turn into a website, and just got a call from JP Morgan asking if I want to interview for a front office quant position in NY.

Good stuff.

so, the weekend before last, was on one of my usual night outs and this hot chick kept checking me out and commenting with her friends. i'm way shy when i'm sober so it took the whole damn night to muster the courage to approach her, since no amount of alcohol was getting me drunk that day.

ended up being a douche and sounding too cocky, ofc that blew it with the hottie. proceeded to just have fun dancing it out.

the night dragged on and when the club went quite empty, i just sat on the sofa close to the cashiers waiting for the line to die.

to my surprise, hot chick shows up and sits in a chair near the sofa i'm on sporting a loooong sad face, so i ask her what's up, why so sad and just take it from there, like nothing happened before (yeah, right! haha).

anyway, all i got that night was the girls name. and her surname, haha, yeah i asked, saying i knew lotsa girls with her name (quite the dumbshit move, but still got the work done).

the next day, i looked her up through like 5 pages of girls with the same name and surname to add her on facebook. she wasn't online all that much, so we just had some quick chats on fb.

then, this weekend, who runs into me at a club?

except this weekend there were no chump moves or much talking :P

felt pretty good to reverse that failure. now onto closing the deal...

edit: spelling.

Edited by rafael.agp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man that is awesome ^, the world needs more people like you. Good on you man.

So this post is a little premature, but I got an amazing job offer this morning...one I never expected. Meeting next week to explore it, but was told if I wanted it it's mine. It's exacty what I should be doing, and I know I can do a great job at it. I haven't been this excited about anything in a long time, was really flattered to be given the opportunity.

philosophiliac is the king of this page. congratulations!

My lady friend is out of town all summer except for last week, and out of all the days to get sick, the universe picks this one week for her. I say fuck it and we do stuff all week. never got sick. booyah!

finally installed an air conditioner in my room, getting my annoying hair cut tonight, and downloaded my favorite radio station's iPhone app so I can listen to the ricky smiley morning show on the way to work. feeling good about the stupidest stuff.