Raleigh Denim

Hendodo

I could lose a few but I would also have to remove bone in my hips. Otherwise I would by them as a...how does my wife describe it, a reward pair! Unfortunately genetics and bone structure will not allow their 36 to get past my thigh. I also don't think anyone would want the 36 after I tried

I could lose a few but I would also have to remove bone in my hips. Otherwise I would by them as a...how does my wife describe it, a reward pair! Unfortunately genetics and bone structure will not allow their 36 to get past my thigh. I also don't think anyone would want the 36 after I tried

Raleigh/Cone White Oak indigo dyed canvas, size 36 waist - dimensions raw -waist 18, thigh 12, knee 9, leg opening 8, front rise 11.5. White selvage, red chain stitch, 5 button fly, silver hardware. 100 made. They tell me no shrinking with wash - we will see! Fit reminds me of Levis 501, pretty much same dimensions. Size 34 in the 5 pocket jeans style (O/W) has considerably tighter proportions.

010-2.jpg?t=1306880784

5th pocket semi hidden inside right slash pocket

004-1.jpg?t=1306880911

macro of canvas

002-1.jpg?t=1306881015

Raleigh/Cone White Oak indigo dyed canvas, size 36 waist - dimensions raw -waist 18, thigh 12, knee 9, leg opening 8, front rise 11.5. White selvage, red chain stitch, 5 button fly, silver hardware. 100 made. They tell me no shrinking with wash - we will see! Fit reminds me of Levis 501, pretty much same dimensions. Size 34 in the 5 pocket jeans style (O/W) has considerably tighter proportions.

010-2.jpg?t=1306880784

5th pocket semi hidden inside right slash pocket

004-1.jpg?t=1306880911

macro of canvas

002-1.jpg?t=1306881015

Thanks for the pics, lance! Great looking canvas and I dig the (mostly) tonal stitching and whatnot. I do prefer welt pockets on chino-type pants, though. Saw that at needsupply these are running $285 - too rich for my non-profit-salary-status, but intriguing nonetheless. I'll be quite curious to see how these evolve!

Thanks for the pics, lance! Great looking canvas and I dig the (mostly) tonal stitching and whatnot. I do prefer welt pockets on chino-type pants, though. Saw that at needsupply these are running $285 - too rich for my non-profit-salary-status, but intriguing nonetheless. I'll be quite curious to see how these evolve!

• 8 months later...

just got word that my local shop (Gentleman 3) received the "Wilson slim fit" in Black selvage. They are holding a 38 for me...yay. Raleigh just needs to re-release the Indigo duck and I will have no use for other pants. Jeans, Jeans 24 hrs a day.

Indigo duck in a 5 pocket slim style was released...no 38W as it is an odd size. They also did not produce a 28W for the same reason. Who is a 28W? Anyways took some photos of the Black 2x1 selvage. Pics do not do it justice. The color is a graphite grey or charcoal color. Unlike any black jeans I have seen. I think this is my favorite cut of all the truly tapered jeans I own.

DSCN2737-1.jpg

DSCN2740-1.jpg

DSCN2741-1.jpg

• 11 months later...

they are great jeans. the fit on raleigh is simply superior to most jeans.

i have a pair of the thin and they have treated me very well. i have some of that last ones signed by sarah and victor. i wore them every day for 3 months. now they are perfect for 'goin out.'

the pockets are not an issue. at first i was skeptical but now i'm a believer.

Edited by satchelbmoore

Glad to see this thread bumped. I think they make some great jeans, and although I wish they saw more love here, they're a bit like Baldwin in that they're respected, but have a vision that doesn't appeal to the sufu nerds; at least in the sense that members post pics and fawn over details. Many moons ago, Victor had talked about doing a special RD contest with a special roll, but it never materialized. In my mind it was a bit of a turning point-- they were starting to blow up with demand and looking into moving their shop to their current location. Next thing I know, they're starting a clothing line and making women's cuts and bam, they're opening a location in NYC. They've come a long way, and like any small brand, they've evolved in fit and design. The Elliotts I own are really great, but the pocket design, placement, and stitching are clearly superior in later models. The best part is that they're still really great people-- very generous with their time and enthusiasm.

raleigh is amazing. the work fit and the thin fit are on point. it's the details and the fits that set raleigh apart

The pocket shape and placement have been brought up by a number of people. Personally I think they are great. Practically they place your wallet in a very comfortable position and it never falls out. The red stitching on the cuff and selvedge belt loop on the back are details I really like.

I've said it before they need to release the indigo duck in their Wilson fit...38 waist!!!! Please!!!

American Rag, like dkatz mentioned, had a sale on Raleigh. I grabbed a pair of Nash rinse for $30 and Nash raw for like $70. Pretty stoked on that.

crazy sweet deal.

The pocket shape and placement have been brought up by a number of people. Personally I think they are great. Practically they place your wallet in a very comfortable position and it never falls out. The red stitching on the cuff and selvedge belt loop on the back are details I really like.

I've said it before they need to release the indigo duck in their Wilson fit...38 waist!!!! Please!!!

fingers crossed.