Rad by rad Hourani

bill

^ will, I assume finances are the problem, unfortunately. his retail costs for his mainline were sky high (probably due to the materials used) so I guess a diffusion line is better than stopping all together. :o I think this diffusion line is a good idea in theory, but I don't think he really managed to capture the essence of his mainline very well here. maybe he is aiming for a bit of a different audience with this cheaper line, though. I wonder how the quality is, I guess we'll have to wait and see

I do agree with you and the finances are the problem. I know that some stores have bought less pieces from him for, this year compared to last year. His pieces are really really nice, but some of them are really too expensive for what they are. I don't think this line could be really bad (I'm sure it'll be better than RAF by Raf).

Guest Phrost
I do agree with you and the finances are the problem. I know that some stores have bought less pieces from him for, this year compared to last year. His pieces are really really nice, but some of them are really too expensive for what they are. I don't think this line could be really bad (I'm sure it'll be better than RAF by Raf).

how do you compare raf with rad

i've never seen his shit in person, but his markup is unjustified. he uses a lot of synthetics while he charges lanvin/nina ricci luxury couture fabric prices. he doesn't do ad campaigns. he manufactures domestically in canada. he's independent but so is dries. shit doesn't add up

I love his shit, but I don't like this.

He keeps adding color, while I think he used to have this "all-black statement".

His all-black stuff is dope and I love the touch of red for his fw08 collection (the red mohair cardigan is really stunning) but I dont like that fact that he's using colours.

i've never seen his shit in person, but his markup is unjustified. he uses a lot of synthetics while he charges lanvin/nina ricci luxury couture fabric prices.

His pieces are really nice, but like you said, his markup is unjustified.

how do you compare raf with rad

we all know that the fabrics used for the RAF by Raf collections sucks. The ones that Rad will use for his diffusion are prolly going to be cheaper (price and quality-wise), but I'm sure his piece will hold up better than RAF's pieces. I can't really compare Rad with Raf.

I think this diffusion line is a good idea in theory, but I don't think he really managed to capture the essence of his mainline very well here.

This pretty much sums it up right here. I can't really see from the images but I would've been satisfied with a little less diffusion - maybe some toned-down tanktops / jackets with slightly cheaper materials / less leather, for instance. It looks like this is going in another direction which is a little odd considering that it's not like someone like Raf or Rick pulling from an already fairly expansive collection of goods to modify. There's stuff here that isn't really 'diffused' and that I also wouldn't expect to see him design.

Maybe it's better in person but really not impressed with this - hopefully it picks up next season because it seems like if anyone could put out some really cool basics it'd be Rad.

i can't think how to word it

it's not necessarily 'feminine' it literally looks like something for girls in the sense that i can imagine the "fashion girl" types who'll buy them

it's one of those things where i don't like it because it doesn't seem like a complete garment almost in execution it's just like "any jeans + knee zippers" and the one kind of stupid detail is the only part of the thing that matters. seems kind of cheap and, yeah, like a diffusion of a more complete main-line garment

mass they are exactly like the petrovs and i kept saying that while i was there, they appeared to be a light weight twill.

the quality of the pieces was very lackluster to be honest and had a very very cheap look to it in person. as for main line rad his look isnt half bad but his materials and construction is still rather suspect. this diffusion line is purely a devise his investors are pushing to generate money considering the hype to buy rate of rad.

it will be interesting to see who writes it

Guest Phrost

i think niggas are getting salty because his shit is expensive for a newcomer

i like how you niggas start pinching and bargaining when it comes to his shit but are willing to let $250 fragile tank tops slide

was also at radxrad presentation, was also let down entirely, lets talk about the CP rip sneakers and the Rick rip heels, lets talk about how layering pieces without closures are difficult enough to pull off at a higher- price point, let alone in a diffusion line, lets talk about this being a total misstep for a still up-and-coming designer, and lets talk about how absolutely boring the styling was.