Supreme F/W 2009

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no loose gauge (titled Basic Beanie this year?) as of yesterday. They have the fine gauge and twisted yarn i think.

Personally my favorite beanies are the ones they use for the patch beanies, just less the patch. Its the most worm and holds its shape with heavy wear (bobo street vender ones always end up warping after a month). Price is usually the same or $2 more, so really buying something and removing that "special" quality still makes sense to me and I end up with a plain beanie by supreme.

For real, these are some weird ass collabs. I'm a huge jazz head, but how many Supreme kids are into jazz? And why go for the huge huge names?

If they were trying to do some tight jazz shit they'd have a Mingus photo tee

since when have they focused on their consumer base for musical taste? and how is it weird?

yeah all th ebeanies are pretty branding heavy. was going to for something simple, watch cap steez that isn't crappy without the $125 mr freedom price tag.

What about the +J Uniqlo beanies?

They're cashmere, not wool like the Mr. Freedom watch cap. Then again, Supreme's loose gauge beanies are acrylic.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.html#/code:059654-000-09/

i was going to say the same thing but the +j beanies are long gone. i'll sell you mine for $500 though - it's cashmere! and no branding...

i don't see mingus as a smaller name than trane. anyway i suspect it all has to do with jebbia's personal taste in jazz, next stop joe henderson. see you all at the wfmu record fair muthafuckas

btw i don't get the hate for the recent back designs for all their music t-shirts - i probably could do without the huge box logo but otherwise it's all just part of the story, n'est ce pas?

ehhh, i'm gonna be reckless here and assume that most of sufu has listened to coltrane some time or other

but alas - if there's a box logo on that tee, people will camp

The first Miles tee was dope cause it was a nice flip on an iconic picture of him. The batch of miles album tees was stupid though, just prints that you can get for 10 bucks at any jazz festival.

Yeah I bet most people have heard some Coltrane and Miles and Lou Reed, but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous to camp out for and pay top dollar. I just think it's weird to see skate culture and jazz overlap like that, didn't really realize there was much overlap at all

The first Miles tee was dope cause it was a nice flip on an iconic picture of him. The batch of miles album tees was stupid though, just prints that you can get for 10 bucks at any jazz festival.

Yeah I bet most people have heard some Coltrane and Miles and Lou Reed, but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous to camp out for and pay top dollar. I just think it's weird to see skate culture and jazz overlap like that, didn't really realize there was much overlap at all

the execution of the nefertiti t-shirt pretty much killed the tutu t-shirt; i dare you to find a graphic print like that at "any jazz festival."

supreme is not skate culture, it's downtown culture. in that context none of these activities are surprising (or at least as compared to freaking bicycle cards)

the execution of the nefertiti t-shirt pretty much killed the tutu t-shirt; i dare you to find a graphic print like that at "any jazz festival."

supreme is not skate culture, it's downtown culture. in that context none of these activities are surprising (or at least as compared to freaking bicycle cards)

Yeah you're right, the nefertiti was the only good one out of the batch. On the corner was just stupid though. I just wish they'd do more like the tutu shirt and do a flip of some of the old classic shit, instead of just a straight up print

Like this you mean: http://www.supremenewyork.com/random/a_love_supreme

Yeah you're right, the nefertiti was the only good one out of the batch. On the corner was just stupid though. I just wish they'd do more like the tutu shirt and do a flip of some of the old classic shit, instead of just a straight up print

from my perspective it makes sense - any dumb streetwear company can crank out t-shirts flipping a design. it takes a lot more to actually do a real collaboration. the downside is the IP/logos etc are owned by risk-averse major corporations so you're not going to get a lot of freedom to get crazy

my question is why the miles / trane apparel has been limited only to t-shirts - it would have been great to see a jacket design or something thrown in