Supreme F/W 2009

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right, so even at 30/40% off supreme are still making money on sale items (we assume they don't sell wholesale at a loss).

With that Alpha is obviously making and Supreme is paying them, but would i be out of line in assuming that cost was $88? If that isnt too far off selling 1 fishtail at $298 covers the cost to make 3.3 jackets.

I got to say Fogg, I dont really see your logic in that a Jacket (not specifically Coltrane, just a Jacket that might not be too popular but lends cache to the brand) would have them at a loss on the item.

I don't think there's any point in rehashing it any more but my point was ,when you factor in all the costs (not just the FOB cost) a jacket that was heavily closed out would probably be an item that would lose them money. Duty alone from China could be anywhere from 16-30%, freight is expensive, and then there's all the other overheard - both design and logistics. There are a lot of other costs to take into account and that's just considering actual monetary costs - not things like the opportunity cost of using time/resources/store space on something that won't sell through versus something that will.

I think there are good arguments either way and its pretty obvious one side isn't convincing the other, so there's not much point arguing it.

Let's get back to what's important - when do box logo hoodies drop???/////

(I know this is an obvious point but...)

Supreme uses AAA blanks now right? Say they make 200 of each shirt in each size (probably a gross underestimate, but just to err on the side of caution), the blank tees probably cost about $3 according to google, the shirts are most all 3 or full color, not really sure how much printing in china costs (probably cheap as hell), but for the sake of this argument lets say the shirts arrive in the store at a cost of $7 each, they retail for $28 to $32 most of the time, so cost is 1/4 retail...

Granted that was a horrible run-on sentence, but I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Supreme if is marking tshirts that much up from cost, Im sure other items arent far behind.

The new Supreme mag looks dope, love the photography in them shits.

mlproject if you want to slang that book to me send me a paypal invoice @ [email protected]

Fogg is not including the chinatown reseller markup that Supreme charges on say 20% of their merchandise (maybe higher for box tees/hype items)