banned from sz

kunk75

i don't know what you mean by saying 'takes fashion too seriously', though.. a lot of us make clothes, quite a few buyers and design enthusiasts, though some don't post nearly as often as i would like for them to. and yeah, we do tend to nerd out in eachother's company, but thats kind of what the place is for. it takes both itself and the subject matter seriously, thereby opening itself up to criticism. none of this has ever occured to me as being somehow negative.

i'm puzzled by the criticism of taking things seriously in general - the alternative always seems to be dude-bro meme-dada in the style of somethingawful.com and i've always thought that stuff to be some kind of internet aids equivalent. :)

yeah, he said sf is the nadir of existence and that i was attention whoring. pot meet kettle.

Did he say it in really laughable freestyle rap form? Hell, at least Xeno finally learned how to use the internet and not seem like a complete loon. Poor guy

i don't know what you mean by saying 'takes fashion too seriously', though.. a lot of us make clothes, quite a few buyers and design enthusiasts, though some don't post nearly as often as i would like for them to. and yeah, we do tend to nerd out in eachother's company, but thats kind of what the place is for. it takes both itself and the subject matter seriously, thereby opening itself up to criticism. none of this has ever occured to me as being somehow negative.

i'm puzzled by the criticism of taking things seriously in general - the alternative always seems to be dude-bro meme-dada in the style of somethingawful.com and i've always thought that stuff to be some kind of internet aids equivalent. :)

No grey area, then? It seems some internet forum fashion experts take themselves more seriously than people in the biz. I guess to make up for not really being nearly as important as they want. Kinda like the local musicians who have less fun playing than the famous ones. Only a few though. Most of the people on various fashion fora seem pretty down.

Guest Phrost
a lot of chinese people marry their cousin, even those closely related

happens.

she is distant enough there is virtually no relation, like 5-6 tiers of separation at least, nobody in my immediate extended family. and mother's side = green light. if it's dad's side, no matter how distant you are crossing the taboo line

some of you guys need to familiarize yourselves more with your own culture, take an anthropology class, or have a more open mind

ay

i told my grandma (mother's side) about it, she said my cousin's misanthropic hustler of an aunt and clueless mother have been trying to trying to push my parents to arrange a marriage between us, no wonder there was that period they kept coming to Hong Kong to try to meet up w/ me. Hadn't seen her in about 6 years, she turned into a real vermin. Hit it and quit it, since excommunicated. I tried to reform her, but she don't wanna be saved why save her

fadetoblack aka julian is expecting his first child in december

...and for the record, the shitting on styleforum sucks too. there are a lot of people i call friends there, irl and online.

deserves a medal for keeping xeno away from other forums. :D

Kunk i don't think making this thread really has a point! There are a multitude of people on this website/forum that don't understand the discussion nor care to, and will inevitably just bad mouth it. I don't think fashion/design is taken to seriously, though i do think there are is a certain amount of false worship of a certain "look", but really it seems to me to be mostly just an "in" joke, you can't really take it that seriously. When it it all boils down, we all just like the way shit looks on us and on other people whether at one extreme or not. Shouldn't one just move on and say well if that is the way things are then fuck it, they aren't good enough for me, then just move it to the back of your mind...

i think all of our forums straddle the grey area, though in different ways dictated by their scale and particular groups of regulars. the area between forum participants and people in the business is also very grey.

anyway, just my own 2 kopeks. unfortunate seeing what started off as a personal conflict between two guys turn into yet another thread of the 'why sz sucks' variety.

peas, gentlemen (and hello tg..)

edit: kunk, i think jcotteri meant that although you've started the thread to express dislike for faust, which i understand, other contributors took it in a rather different direction, which could've been easily foreseen before such a thread came into being. and thats fine really, all of this just.. serves no purpose i can understand. all i can say about this entire event from all sides - its a shame.

No grey area, then? It seems some internet forum fashion experts take themselves more seriously than people in the biz.

i concur. nothing wrong with sz besides the moderation IMO

i think all of our forums straddle the grey area, though in different ways dictated by their scale and particular groups of regulars. the area between forum participants and people in the business is also very grey.

anyway, just my own 2 kopeks. unfortunate seeing what started off as a personal conflict between two guys turn into yet another thread of the 'why sz sucks' variety.

peas, gentlemen (and hello tg..)

Agreed, and i didn't just mean sz people. There are sufuers and styleforumers who imo straddle the line and sometimes go back and forth. The underground advertising people with money to make (designers, boutique owners, supporters) being forum posters is sometimes questionable at best on all the forums.

Eugene, huh? Sounds like it was designed to fit him perfectly

I guess i missed the fade3back final banning. I didn't know he had a cousin. Hot?