Ooe yofukuten world tour 2009-2010

pomata

Okay so today was my day off

and like every hard working American, I started my day off by going to work at 12:30 to do what else.. but work. I thought I'd snap a quick pic of this Cascadian Culture exhibit we have in the shop...Its a bunch of icons from the last 150 years or so from the West Coast and more specifically the Pacific NorthWest.

This is a pair of Vintage Merrell Hiking boots, an old Folgers tin and a Thermos that would give MIchael Williams a hard on.

1zbxyxl.jpg

Next, I had to face thine mortal enemy, the Fax machine. Lo and behold... in 2009... people still actually use these things a lot. I hate it. We don't have a working fax machine so I have to bike to Fedex everytime...FUCK... I had to do it twice today cause I sent it to the wrong place the first time... It makes me angry just looking at it.

zxo9vk.jpg

After that I had to go visit my sister... I snapped a sweet pic of the Willamette river and valley on the drive over. The weather was crazy today. 40 minutes after this it was torrential downpour for like 2 hours... then sun again...

25evc4x.jpg

went home and changed... ghetto waywt steez. Coal, Flathead, Ooe, TG, Hillside, Visvim

35j9x00.jpg

262s8l3.jpg

After doing some work, I met up with my homie Esther for some wings. We went to this amazing wing spot on Burnside called Fire on the Mountain. They had this crazy mural on the wall. During the NBA season, this place is stocked full up Hipsters and local fans cheering on the Blazers. No matter where you go during the Blazer season, there will be people watching the games everywhere. We have a great young team and I'm super excited for the upcoming season... anyways.. the mural... ha.

x6dgt3.jpg

First up were the mexican cokes (sans corn syrup... mmmm)

2n7pq86.jpg

then the fries with Banana ketchup

255p05z.jpg

122ohh5.jpg

We had wings, half spicy peanut half mild... they came.. and she was excited!

rlw6ex.jpg

Next, I had to face thine mortal enemy, the Fax machine. Lo and behold... in 2009... people still actually use these things a lot. I hate it. We don't have a working fax machine so I have to bike to Fedex everytime...FUCK... I had to do it twice today cause I sent it to the wrong place the first time... It makes me angry just looking at it.

thermal-fax-machine-6.jpg

kixslf, great updates!

sufu is all about the mexican coca cola, me and medine both put up pics of that in the stronghold thread haha.

dude, it's the best stuff in the world... especially since I live in a Hispanic area I can get it CHEAP at supermarkets

I gotta +rep all lovers of the stuff! too bad you guys got too much of my rep haha

If you have been checking the twitter account then you might already have seen some of these...

The pictures start off with Poker night last night.

1zcg4mw.jpg

Started with 4000 chips. 12 Players, almost went out in the first 5 hands then came back to take 2nd place. Took 5 hours....

My friend Ryan got a new dog, Rex Here are he and Dude getting to know each other

2zolrvk.jpg

sup @Pomata sup @atzec

15gckes.jpg

alright today...

Went to the Tailor to pick up some ghetto junye/fall vis steez. Had some pants tapered to 7.5 and hemmed to like a 26 or so.

Here is a pic of me in the jeans waiting... she laughed when she came out and saw me snapping pics of myself. She asked if I was sending pics to my girlfriend.. haha I was like... "uh yeah thats what I'm doin..."

Coal, Patagonia sample, TG, Hillside, Ooe, Vis

w2fxav.jpg

the weather was looking extremely gloomy today... somehow I managed to avoid any rain on my ride to work today

14so9pu.jpg

after this I went to a sweet store, Francis May and chatted it up with the cute girl Ashley that worked there... I was gamin too hard to take a picture... maybe next time I go hahah

picked up some quick lunch before work... I almost got a ticket for having a brakeless bike like right before this. Some asshole cop told me he could give me a $97 dollar ticket for not having breaks on my bike. I tried to convince him they were coaster brakes by gesturing the motion with my peddles but he wasn/t buying it. He told me to "shut up and quit lyin" and if he saw me again he would "write me up so fast it would make my head spin"

moving on... the carts. These things are all over Pdx. You can pretty much get any kind of food you want if you just know where to look.

There are 3 different mexican, 2 thai, 2 indian, 3 bento, a pho spot a polish place, a german cart, Ecuadorian cart, hot dog carts, pizza... thats all i can think of right now but thats just at this one specific area...

mw34eo.jpg

I decided to pick up some shrimp salad rolls and some veggi samosas.... incredibly good!!! and each were only $3 bucks

2mgnvrd.jpg

spent the rest of the day sending out tracking numbers and printing out shipping label... always a fun time..

later in the day we finished up with a quick team meeting in the back. Sam and Mark were working on some orders...

23vf6hi.jpg

thats all for today

thanks for checkin it out

^it´s RHT. 1234567890

My bad, didn't mean to confuse anyone. I just meant since you could order custom, I want to do LHT with Ooe in the future. I think I mentioned wanting to do LHT with DV in the beginning and ILHE1S suggested looking at Ooe. I know the world tour are RHT, but I am sure I saw a few swatches of LHT on Ooe & Yofukuten's sample cards.

^i was referring to beautiful freak. and yeah, they do have LHT and we were thinking about getting it for the tour, but ended up right handed.;)

Hehe...

It's funny how much I want LHT. But even with 18 pairs of jeans (in Shanghai alone), they are all RHT. Somehow I talked myself out of LHTs with the DVs. If I decide to do Ooe customs, promise to slap me if I do RHT.

Alright. These updates start off with lunch yesterday.

went to some Korean BBQ with my Mom

14nmzrl.jpg

Got to the shop to work a few hours before I grabbed a few drinks...wearing the usual. Scala, thrifted jacket, Hyr Gitman, TG HIllside, Ooe Yofukuten, Quoddy X 3sixteen

6dzqd5.jpg

Last night was 1st Thursday in Portland where all the art galleries show off that months work. I only went to Compound for a bit and then the FIX afterwards before I had to dip. Felt a bit ill last night...

suwyz7.jpg

2edv39j.jpg

59zs6o.jpg

Red Stripe at the Fix

2wn1wu1.jpg

Today, stopped by my boy Kieths before work to throw down on some Geometric wars after having a nice breakfast with Sara

4pxidh.jpg

2450g1u.jpg

Then off to work to hit the post with some orders

2mi0xmp.jpg

Got Sammy to make me one of these 3sixteen double strands... finally

fvfu5z.jpg

sorry for the crappy update from earlier.. I wasn't feelin well last night so my effort was at a minimum... I dipped out early and missed all the fun shit... oh well. Next time haha

LATE PASS

2ng7o1z.jpg28s60x5.jpg

Ill make sure the handoff pic is proper... btw, these things are starting to fade really nice and subtle... Ill try to capture some good pics of the this weekend.

*someone fix I thought this woudl work but my Pshop skills are poor