I Fucking Hate "drake". Shame On You Canada for this Peice of shit.

Sayword

this is the dumbest shit i've ever heard, rappers like ghostface, black thought, and plenty of others who were around and releveant in the "old school" and today rap with substance and produce hits that can be played on the radio without compromising this integrity you claim is no longer necessary.

That's the biggest problem some of you neophytes have today, its not the quality of music that declined, it's that the window and channels in which hip hop is available have expanded while the net that rejected the garbage hasn't expanded nearly as quickly

what r u like the smart kid in the hood who gets picked on. thats just retarded. my personal opinion on whats good and not have nothing to do with whats entertaining. if soulja boy wasnt entertaining, would it be played? if jamie fox wasnt entertaining, would it be played? with radio play the answers a little deeper, but would they be downloaded? i dont have any type of problem with any particular artists, im just saying the masses don't find the shit you're mentioning entertaining.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drake rocks a lot of CdG play

So the fuck what, that shit is wack as fuck and i really think it's a practicical joke by CdG to see if they can get the youngins to line themselves in ridiculous looking hearts from head to toe

So the fuck what, that shit is wack as fuck and i really think it's a practicical joke by CdG to see if they can get the youngins to line themselves in ridiculous looking hearts from head to toe

yeah kinda like gilt groupe selling thom browne it has nothing to do with his non-existant near-bankruptcy, hes just playing a joke.

lol why do people ever consider soulja boy hip-hop or rap? he's like the 2009 version of mc hammer...

honestly the reason why I think hip-hop is bad right now is because niggas don't know how to read and write anymore, and I guess the new rappers coming out don't really have a great interest in music and were not brought up around good music. Pretty much all of the legends from back in the day all had different influences in their music (beats) such as funk music, soul, brazilian, rock, etc... that they were brought up in their childhood.

and im not even trying to argue over this, i just dont get all the hostility over substanceless, mindless music.

soulja_boy.jpg

soulja boy is one of 3 youtube channels im subscribed to

honestly people like him, gucci, etc are just having fun and its good to listen to

102nwc1jpg.gif

if u cant appreciate 'smart' music ur dumb, if u cant appreciate 'dumb' music ur just as dumb and also boring

soulja boy is one of 3 youtube channels im subscribed to

honestly people like him, gucci, etc are just having fun and its good to listen to

102nwc1jpg.gif

if u cant appreciate 'smart' music ur dumb, if u cant appreciate 'dumb' music ur just as dumb and also boring

this is exactly what im fucking saying. i'm also saying that most people don't find common, mos def, and shit like that entertaining. it's the truth. i personally think that shit should play exclusively in a fuckin starbucks or maybe just in icandunkonu's house

what i also fuckin hate is that people are just writing off the entire current rap game

thats all the evidence u need that they werent around back in the 'golden age' they wont shut up about.

there was so incredibly much 'garbage' rap back then just like there is now. thing is certain artists are remembered a decade later, others arent

there are many great new producers. fuck you if you think hip hop stopped at pete rock and dj premier

domdomdomdom i guess you can make that argument to a certain degree but it has nothing to do with rap really

heres the bestseller list of 1961

1. The Agony and the Ecstasy, Irving Stone

2. Franny and Zooey, J. D. Salinger

3. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee

4. Mila 18, Leon Uris

5. The Carpetbaggers, Harold Robbins

6. Tropic of Cancer, Henry Miller

7. Winnie Ille Pu, Alexander Lenard, trans.

8. Daughter of Silence, Morris West

9. The Edge of Sadness, Edwin O'Connor

10. The Winter of Our Discontent, John Steinbeck

Bestsellers, 2008

1. Vampires

2. Randy Pausch

3. Dragons

4. Oprah

5. JK Rowling

6. John Grisham

7. When You Are Engulfed in Flames

8. In Defense of Food (good)

9. Ron Paul (fuck ron paul)

10. Something by the bitch who wrote twilight

you haven't listened to drakes mixtapes or what? dude is sick.

people always say you the best shes the best im the best but that shit is all relative.

I think we have to respect him for being a good artist instead of arguing what hes not. I bet "sayword" has a different best rapper than say idk "mass"...

what r u like the smart kid in the hood who gets picked on. thats just retarded. my personal opinion on whats good and not have nothing to do with whats entertaining. if soulja boy wasnt entertaining, would it be played? if jamie fox wasnt entertaining, would it be played? with radio play the answers a little deeper, but would they be downloaded? i dont have any type of problem with any particular artists, im just saying the masses don't find the shit you're mentioning entertaining.

I know this wasnt directed towards me but...

i feel like there's lots of lesser known music that would be huge if just given the exposure. the problem is that radio and major labels would rather play it safe and simple. they know that if you push a song enough, it'll catch on simply by not going away. it's them that dictate everything we hear on the radio or see on tv.

I'm the first person to admit that most people are complete and utter morons when it comes to music. but maybe it's not totally their fault. maybe if they were exposed to shit that wasn't so mind numbingly average, they'd actually like it.

In the 60's and 70's, we had people like the beatles and stevie wonder on the pop charts. ugly motherfuckers had a chance to make it in music simply based on the merit of their music. now it's pointless to even try to make it big in music unless you're the total banal package.

@icandunkonu

get your corny ass outta here. i think the problem is that most of you try to transcend in certain aspects of culture, fashion, food, whatever, that in music you feel the need to be above and beyond everyone. your dorky ass old timer shit isn't relevant anymore. you guys probably don't even mesh into social fabric very well because you try to so hard to be different and reminisce on some old school bullshit.

and ps dont even try to act like you're above us because you are "street" or some bullshit. fuck that.

@icandunkonu

get your corny ass outta here. i think the problem is that most of you try to transcend in certain aspects of culture, fashion, food, whatever, that in music you feel the need to be above and beyond everyone. your dorky ass old timer shit isn't relevant anymore. you guys probably don't even mesh into social fabric very well because you try to so hard to be different and reminisce on some old school bullshit.

and ps dont even try to act like you're above us because you are "street" or some bullshit. fuck that.

relevant to who? "the masses"?

yeah. no one listens to that bullshit. you cant even try to stick up for it and say it's entertaining to most people, it gets not play, it gets no love.

This is how i know you're a moron, when did make the claim that i was street? Or claim that my musical library was superior to that of the next man? i merely said that you play the fools game of accepting the most readily available music and thus the chances of it being no good were greater then the chance of the same scenario say, 15 years ago. and there you go again making broad spectrum generalizations when the two rappers i cited by name, being ghostface and black thought, are as relevant if not more relevant than they were 1996 seeing as both him and the roots sell records and get played on the radio. And yeah, i like like old school hip so it keeps me from acquiring new friends or fitting in, may i borrow a razor to slit my wrist?(10000000)

This is how i know you're a moron, when did make the claim that i was street? Or claim that my musical library was superior to that of the next man? i merely said that you play the fools game of accepting the most readily available music and thus the chances of it being no good were greater then the chance of the same scenario say, 15 years ago. and there you go again making broad spectrum generalizations when the two rappers i cited by name, being ghostface and black thought, are as relevant if not more relevant than they were 1996 seeing as both him and the roots sell records and get played on the radio. And yeah, i like like old school hip so it keeps me from acquiring new friends or fitting in, may i borrow a razor to slit my wrist?(10000000)

i think youre trying to hard to be cool.

some of you barely even know hip-hop. thread is going off topic. there are some dope toronto rappers, some that you should take "serious". even though drake was on degrassi, so what? does that take away from his music? kind of reminds me of how people in wdywt say "dude's room is ugly" or "dude has too much acne", yet those things have nothing to do with the person's fit. should i not take 90% of your opinions seriously because you're suburban white kids from london that just started listening to rap? people should start focusing back on the music and not the image.

toronto rapper

lkdzV1FIDnk