san francisco almost killed me

samsikle

yo, you already leaving Cali on Friday?

Coming back to SJ on Friday probably.

Leaving Cali on Sunday :(

Thanks Kiya

Zuni was A++++++.

I was pleasantly surprised. Regained faith in "American" food.

I still need to go to iminusd in SJ to check out bike frames...

Realized that "sale" items at freewheels on valencia is retail everywhere else...Good selection of tarck parts.

• 3 weeks later...

greatest girlfriend ever just surprised me with a surprise trip to SF for my 30th next weekend - arriving 20th through 24. any advice on non-googleable places to check out/things to do would be greatly appreciated. we've both been dying to make it down for ever and I can't wait to take in the city.

/\ for fucking real

if ANYONE is hiring in SF, please hit me up. It doesnt even have to pay as much as im making now. Just enough to rent a room, smoke on weed and hump on girls.

• 3 weeks later...

Friends band (Witt) that I'm making some stuff for / touring with has some dates in the area (i think I don't know where these venues are)

Oakland:

Jun 23 - The Fort Gallery w/ Silian Rail, Snuffaluffagus, Ventid

Berkeley:

Jun 24 - The Starry Plough w/ miRthkon, Japonize Elephants Snuffaluffagus

So I should be around I don't know if I'll have any free time during the day / in the city but come to the show (if you want). I'll be there.

my company is looking for female models in SF

please contact me for the link if you are a female model or know of someone...it is a PAID gig with conventions and trade shows possibilities.

Dude, i'm jealous, OFF is going to be amazing live.

Hey I'm about to buy a ticket to SF and I have a couple of questions.

I've never been there...how's the public transportation? It's not a "car required" city like L.A. right?

Where is the best cheap place to stay?

Any other information would be appreciated. I'm probably going alone and like I said, I've never been there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ayo Bay Area beer drinkers, I'll be putting on a meet the brewer night for the the brewery I work for, Mad River, at Beer Revolution in Oakland 8-18-10. Stop by and try the epic beers we bring and kick it.

Also, Toronado's 23rd anniversary party is 8-14-10, I'll be there and am bringing some crazy beers for that too.

PM me for details!

Ayo Bay Area beer drinkers, I'll be putting on a meet the brewer night for the the brewery I work for, Mad River, at Beer Revolution in Oakland 8-18-10. Stop by and try the epic beers we bring and kick it.

Also, Toronado's 23rd anniversary party is 8-14-10, I'll be there and am bringing some crazy beers for that too.

PM me for details!

I'm there.

San Francisco saved my life from a life of agriculturally driven mediocrity.

Does anyone know of any good noodle places located in or relatively close to downtown?

SO on Bryant and 8th. Not traditional noodles, but super delicious and huge servings. Best pot stickers and hot wings in town. Ramen joints are kinda hard to come by in SF, though.

Used to live in the city, but I moved to alameda about 6 years ago.

Anyone know any fun things/event for a 16 year old to do? Teenage hipster women locations? Shows?

downtown is boring, it's hard to get around when you don't have a car.

Used to live in the city, but I moved to alameda about 6 years ago.

Anyone know any fun things/event for a 16 year old to do? Teenage hipster women locations? Shows?

downtown is boring, it's hard to get around when you don't have a car.

Oddly enough Alameda is my favorite place in the Bay Area.. it's an amazing mix of vintage businesses, old school buildings in the business district, and some cool architecture for the residential areas.

Unfortunately i can't offer any advice if you're not old enough to drink outside of hitting the famous Alameda Swap meet.

Alameda is suburban and uneventful.

Thanks for the reply though aha.

I'd agree that it's very uneventful if you're 16 years old.

Then again when i was 16 i was chock full of so many drugs that i could have been growing up in the middle of the desert as opposed to San Francisco and it would have made no difference. Where you live is what you make of it.

Yeah. I wish I could get like, an internship or something that's could give me something to do and benefit me at the same time. Like, literally anything, I'd get coffee and be someones slave for free, as long as I get to network, get some experience and I can do something productive, i'd be happy.

The real world is crazy!

• 1 month later...
Nice places to eat dinner around $150 or lower? Trying to avoid going to something like Ruth's Chris this weekend.

$150 a person? for two?

Edit: For God's sake never waste your money on Ruth's.