midnight snacks with scott.m and sufu friends!

I've got my Korean burrito pics all documented and shit but I'm never posting them, RIP scott

i wanna see that shit!

ive got my chicken slow cooking in a crock pot so itll be about midnight by the time its ready ... these burritos are going to be dank.

didnt have supplies for flower tortillas so i just made tacos instead of a burrito ..

slow cooked achiote chicken

51671089.jpg

cooked for three hours

64043374.jpg

70510953.jpg

made some tomitillo sauce

54747438.jpg

so good!

52159603.jpg

made a cheesy mixture with montery jack, chedder, mozarilla , jalepenos, red peppers, and bell peppers

17684887.jpg

made this rice and bean stuffed pepper to eat with the tacos

16075190.jpg

26171899.jpg

13617876.jpg

Alright, Korean burrito, RIP Scott M and Money Tuff. Sprinklin a lil Fleur de Sel de Guerande out for the homies and victims of bitchassness who couldn't make it with burritos.

First off, the requisite ingredient cornucopia.

14adhtu.jpg

Second, made some salsas.

Salsa cruda:

white kimchi, perilla leaf (Korean ggaetnip, similar to shiso but with a more nutty flavor, often found in K-BBQ joints), red onion, jalapeno slices, ginger and garlic threads (plus a few spoons of fresh ginger juice culled from grated ginger), and then a liberal sprinkling of Korean dried pepper. Fleur de sel and some black pepper, and then I think I may have squeezed a yuzu slice on it all.

21dlylj.jpg

35i9obb.jpg

Salsa roja:

liquified fresh red chilies, dried red chilies, sesame seeds, garlic and ginger, and onions, all sauteed with a splash of beer to deglaze and cooked down to make a hot sauce, and then cooled.

1s0egm.jpg

Cooked some fresh cranberry beans with a knob of ginger, garlic, perilla leaves, etc, until nice and soft.

2whfh34.jpg

Made a lettuce/greens mixture from perilla leaf, red leaf lettuce, green onion threads, red onions, cucumber sticks, etc, etc.

1z5tfs4.jpg

When all the cold fixings were done, it was time to cook up the meat portion, I went with a gochujang pork bulgogi that was well-marinated, which I pan seared and then chopped.

zyg08m.jpg

Then it was time to put it all together. Unfortunately I only had smaller taco sized tortillas so the burrito came out small, but after eating it, it was probably for the best as it was bursting with so much flavor that a full sized burrito could've been deadly.

First, I warmed a tortilla for pliability and then spread Ssamjang (the red sauce commonly given with K-BBQ, what most people refer to as 'gochujang' but is something else entirely different)

2jdny9i.jpg

Rice and beans: To regular steamed rice, I mixed in actual gochujang and some sesame seed oil, to emulate a bibimbap flavor for this portion. Topped with the perilla-boiled beans, and then I topped all that with some egg strips done Korean style, to work in place of cheese.

25gukq0.jpg

Topped with Pork bulgogi, then the two salsas, and then my lettuce/ssam mixture, and it was time to roll it all up...

2irkdo9.jpg

Served with some soy sauce pickled jalapenos, a Korean side dish nowadays.

149v5u8.jpg

And finally, the real deal:

1z69nk8.jpg

Guest Phrost

faded and dismalfuture puttin my fajita and rice n beans to shame :(

i gotta invest in a dutch oven. faded how did you cook that chicken? did you just pop it in and cook it over medium heat

dismal props! that looks great .. ive never experienced a Korean style burrito but i would love to try that

phrost the chicken was cooked using a crock pot. it was marinaded with achiote paste and a bunch of other goodness, then i let it sit in the fridge for a few hours, then it was slow cooked at about 160 degrees for about 3 hours or so. steam cooked kind of.

Even fruits native to asia in large amounts are expensive in korea? Dragon fruit doesn't even taste like much. Was disappointed when I tried it.

The dragonfruit/cherry/lime/ice cream plate cost about $30 in ingredients. Don't ask me how much that burrito cost to make. :o Had to bring food and steez to the victims so cost wasn't a concern though.