midnight snacks with scott.m and sufu friends!

just made those rice and beans with steak and i also made a purée to go along with it

the ingredients for the purée .. first time making a purée as well

tomato, cilantro, onion, sweet banana pepper, hot finger peppers, and habenero

27534112.jpg

24865179.jpg

55917977.jpg

finished product

39242921.jpg

my cousins plate

56461862.jpg

my plate

56256853.jpg

weve been looking into opening a taco truck since there are none at all in my area of florida and we are becoming pretty familiar with tacos

oh ya i took a piss after making this and my dick is on fire from touching the habeneros with my hands and not washing them afterwards .. just thought you should know

well i made the tacos at like 12 and i was still hungry and had been wanting to attempt making a purée and i had the supplies so i made that just now at like 2 .. i eat alot more at night than i do in the day i guess

weve been looking into opening a taco truck since there are none at all in my area of florida and we are becoming pretty familiar with tacos

oh ya i took a piss after making this and my dick is on fire from touching the habeneros with my hands and not washing them afterwards .. just thought you should know

I support your taco aspirations 100% but you gotta diversify. Get some al pastor going and some carnitas and shit.

The last part is funny. Tonight I used some little thai peppers in a curry I made and wasn't worried because they weren't that hot. At some point I wiped my nose and that shit started burning like crazy. It was weird.

At least it wasn't my penis.

faded- Where in florida? There desperately needs to be some taco trucks. Gainesville had zero good taco places

Alright, lak said this shit was personal, so I made a personal dish. haha. Continuing on with the Asian fusion stuff, last time I did Vietnam X America X Japan, this time I had to rep the homeland, do a Korea X ?... so I thought about it, decided to make a Los Angeles themed chicken dish, Korea X Mexico, two things I like. Samgyetang in Tortilla Soup style.

I've served this basic soup to several sufu'ers already, and anybody who tastes it loves it.

Alright, so basic fresh ingredients:

2myrvbq.jpg

Dice up some mire poix and add a lil zucchini, then I pop wild rice and short grain sticky rice over high heat in a little oil, add veggies and sautee, and then de-glaze with tequila.

2lt4ill.jpg

Stuff chicken, then close end with some toothpicks

nedqbm.jpg

Put in pot, add some scrap veggies to enrich the stock, along with basic stock herbs

klpp1.jpg

High heat to boil, then low heat to simmer for an hour or so. Remove whole chicken to bowl, in a separate pot, sautee garlic and onions, a few canned chipotle peppers en adobo, add some chile powder and cayenne, some corn, and I added a veggie stock cube to fill out the flavor of the chicken stock. Deglaze again with tequila, then add strained stock from chicken, boil down for about 15 minutes.

Add a little mixture of green and red onion, cilantro, fresh tomato chunks, and lime juice, and serve with tortilla chips.

2n6w5u0.jpg

Another world's first...

this might not look like much (and certainly won't beat dismalfuture's entry) but it goes hard

i cant remember where i got the recipe from, but ive had it in my head for a while so i decided to go for it

sandwich with chicken, apricot marmalade, goat cheese, arugula, and salt

ingredients: title kinda gives it away

p1010004x.jpg

had it with a bottle of new zealand sauvignon blanc (always a safe bet when it comes to wine)

p1010005k.jpg

For the past few days, I've been waking up in the middle of the night....to eat.

Half asleep, this is what I came up with:

smoked fish quesadilla

mma4qc.jpg

smoked fish, cheese, cilantro, green onions and a little bit of lime.

spicy smoke fish sandwich

14aik1w.jpg

smoke fish, sour cream, light mayo, garlic hot sauce, salt, pepper

if i wasn't so lazy i might have grilled the bread as opposed to shoving it into the toaster.

faded- Where in florida? There desperately needs to be some taco trucks. Gainesville had zero good taco places

im in gainesville! yeah i know ,everyone who i have talked to about this loves the idea and i know that shit would sell like crazy when all the CWGs are getting out of the clubs and shit.

youkinorn2 i know i need to try out some new meats and get the recipes down for sure. it will probably be about a year until i get everything started, but im very serious about doing this. it would be a joint partnership between my cousin and i and he is always cooking up pork and barbacoa and what not so we will def have a diverse selection. we probably wont have fish tacos (at least for a while) because the rules for serving fish products are alot more strict than beef, chicken, pork, etc. we are going to have lots of unique salsas and unique homemade tortillas as well.

ive really never seen a taco truck in my life (never have traveled to california), but i know gainesville would be a perfect spot for this

I know it's not midnight, but I wasn't sure where to put this. I also posted it in the WAYWT thread, but thought people here might be interested.

Today I made macarons. It was my 2nd attempt. They aren't perfect (a little burnt on top, a little gummy inside), but next time they will be...think I just cooked them a little hot this time.

2u6epte.jpg

x-post with weed threak

full list of food as i found the receipt:

-rotisserie chicken

-pork cutlet

-potato croquette

-2 boxes of chocolate pocky

-2 boxes of milk chocolate pocky

-Hersheys bar

-Cadbury Milk Chocolate bar

-Graham Crackers

-Marshmallows

-Chocolate pandas

-4 Cookie Dough Ice Creams

-Dibs

-2 chocolate croissants

-poundcake

-orangina

-milk tea

-apple cider

-peach schnapps

-crazy japanese orange juice

and then we brought a ton of chips, nutella, peanut butter, corn pops, and cheerios.

oh god.